Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 6mm dieselpunk, Diorama p.22  (Read 75704 times)

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: 6mm miyazaki fantasy project. Renders galore!
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2016, 09:35:13 PM »
Those tiny knights look great. I hope we get to see more of your prints.

Currently I'm trying to decide between the Form 2 and Autodesk's Ember. And you've just about sold be on the Form 3d printer for home use.

Thanks!

Be warned, it took me pretty much a year of pretty regular use to figure out the do and don't, lots of embarrassing failures along the way. I've started designing things with printability in mind from the get-go these days. Your recent cars for instance would be a horror to print. But when you account for all of that, it does deliver something amazing now and again.  :D
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Fitz

• Mad Scientist
    • The Website of Fitz
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2016, 07:27:39 PM »
Be warned, it took me pretty much a year of pretty regular use to figure out the do and don't, lots of embarrassing failures along the way. I've started designing things with printability in mind from the get-go these days. Your recent cars for instance would be a horror to print. But when you account for all of that, it does deliver something amazing now and again.  :D

My envy is immeasurable :)

Because I don't have access to a printer of my own, but get all mine done by Shapeways, I strongly suspect that I am not designing anywhere close to optimally for printing. However, until I win a lottery or something, Shapeways will just have to suck up the pain of dealing with my horrors :)

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2016, 12:38:14 PM »
Because I don't have access to a printer of my own, but get all mine done by Shapeways, I strongly suspect that I am not designing anywhere close to optimally for printing. However, until I win a lottery or something, Shapeways will just have to suck up the pain of dealing with my horrors :)

Two weeks ago I met a guy who sells a shapeways printed 1/35 model kit of a ft17 I spend over a year optimizing the printing direction of each part on his sprues. Yes sprues, the set is easily as complicated as the highest end set I have ever seen. I was blown away by his work.

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2016, 08:52:29 PM »
I had a bit of a lul in printing work, waiting for a new bottle of resin to arrive. So I thought lets make a steam ferry. We have a oldschool ferry where I live and I would like a Miyazaki version for my board, and hey that would then be a good reason to FINALLY do those river and coastal terrain pieces I would do a tutorial on ages ago.

Long story short I have drawn and printed a Ghibli-esk seaplane. Not sure how that happened.  :` o_o

No idea how the prints turned out, it was pretty dark when they birthed forth from the magic goop machine.  ::)

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: 6mm miyazaki fantasy project. Seaplane page 10
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2016, 11:20:43 AM »
Tail section needs a re-print, the rest was OK. Turns out I'm out of superglue though so I'm faffing about with epoxy glue, which generally is a bad idea.  ::)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2016, 07:30:03 PM »
That really fits the bill  8) 8) 8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline N.C.S.E

• Scientist
« Reply #141 on: December 24, 2016, 11:25:08 AM »
I was concerned by the seaplane for a moment, then I saw the wings, which I just pure Ghibli from start to finish.  :)

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2016, 12:40:33 PM »
I was concerned by the seaplane for a moment, then I saw the wings, which I just pure Ghibli from start to finish.  :)

Well, the main body is also heavily based on a design sketch by Miyazaki, its just a bit less out there than most of it. Probably something he did for porko rosso. But man it's fun adding flappy wings to more realistic airplanes, a bit like sticking googly eyes on object.  :D

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: 6mm miyazaki fantasy project. farmhouse page 11
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2017, 08:27:35 AM »
I spend the weekend walking in our southernmost province with my parents, now everybody always says that region is more Germany than Netherlands and for building style this is very much true at least. The buildings and landscape were enough inspiration for me to actually build and paint a piece of terrain, I've also started printing some teeny tiny window arrangements which I will try moulding for resin casting for further buildings.

The size ratio top to bottom is a bit further out of wack then I had intended, but I can live with this slightly comical look.

Some size comparisons.

And some WIP shots for those curious

I also realised I have the first print of the seaplane with half a coat of primer lying around, that should be next on the list, along with a nice garden for this building I think.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2017, 11:14:43 AM »
This is great - I was worried this project had died!

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2017, 11:23:49 AM »
This is great - I was worried this project had died!

It's always on my mind, but I REALLY need to put more focus on it. Especially that airship.

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2017, 04:01:11 PM »
Tiny house now has a tiny garden with orchard.

The trees ended up a bit lower than I was planning, and a bit more crowded but still on a tapletop view I think it looks fine. Adds some life to the table. Now I need to find some 6mm livestock to add to the small pen.

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2017, 10:25:00 AM »
Thanks mate!

I got a 1M by 2M grass mat from Lidl store, it's quite flat so it works nicely for 6mm I think!

Also included my flappy seaplane, it can use a lot more paint but it was about time to actually show pictures of it "in the flesh"

More images in my Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/AgM50
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:24:33 PM by YPU »

Offline MYNKD

• Assistant
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2017, 10:25:35 AM »
Absolutely beautiful.

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2017, 10:31:33 AM »
Thanks!

Keen observers will have noticed I have bitten the bullet and painted the flag on the unit pale yellow and pink.