Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:26:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Genghis' Inq28 [Cawdor trio added 13 Feb 24]  (Read 83512 times)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [More Sanctioners added 16 Jun 22]
« Reply #285 on: June 16, 2022, 08:18:03 PM »
The Sanctioners of Bastion 99, Part 2. After a surprisingly productive weekend of painting, the next batch of space cops are done.  The lady in the dramatic pose (with concussion carbine and shock stave) is Capt Yvonne Fletcher, the commander of my sanctioners, with the bastion’s hardcase cyber mastiffs Kaiser and K-Nein.

I had to convert the concussion carbines, as the Artel W figures don’t come with a suitable weapon.  I’d initially intended to swap the weapons in whole, but the Artel figures are less heroically proportioned than the GW hand on the concussion carbine (especially the female figures, with their dainty little wrists).  In the end, I spliced the concussion carbine upper weapon body on to the shotgun stock and lower body and added the cable underneath.  Quite apart from getting around the hand mismatch, this also had the massive bonus of not requiring me to separate the supporting left hands from the weapons they were clutching.

More to follow…

Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2022, 12:50:47 AM »
Super thread!

Lovely painting and conversions.  :-*

Your stuff keeps getting better and better. Nice work!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2022, 05:58:32 AM »
Great work!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2022, 06:45:56 AM »
Great stuff  :-*
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2022, 06:21:17 AM »
Very effective conversion work on those guns. And of course, wonderful painting as always!

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2022, 07:52:17 PM »
Thank-you.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Further Sanctioners added 16 Jul 22]
« Reply #291 on: July 16, 2022, 10:59:41 AM »
Wow, that's a whole round month since I last finished anything - longer than hoped for, but still better than the figure a week rate I am for as a minimum average.  (And just in time, as I finally earned enough creds in a campaign this week to recruit Patrolwoman Edith Smith and arm her with a Heavy Concussion Ram.)

This is the last of the Sanctioners for the time being, giving me two each of the main weapon options (Bolter, Combat Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Concussion Carbine, and Shock Stave & Shield), and a Capt, Sniper, Heavy Concussion Ram and Rookie fresh out of the academy, plus a brace of Hardcase Cyber Mastiffs.

As with the Concussion Carbines, the Heavy Concussion Ram needed converting, but it turned out that the Artel heavy weapon body hand grips are in the same relative positions as the GW HCR, so it was a simple, if delicate, conversion to marry the Artel hands up with the GW HCR.

Next for the cops is sorting out a set of wheels for them so that they can venture out into the Ash Wastes at SumpCon.  I have something in mind, but am awaiting getting the rule book before committing.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #292 on: July 16, 2022, 08:53:59 PM »
Hot on the heels of my last batch of Sanctioners, I’ve knocked out a brace of the Reaper Giant Leeches.  Originally intended as Bileworms for Stargrave, they can also pop up in the Underhive, probably counting as Monosaurs (using the profile from https://www.instagram.com/carl_r_johnston/'s Book of Life).

Offline Raedwald

• Librarian
« Reply #293 on: July 17, 2022, 08:48:56 AM »
Great stuff, I especially like the Sanctioners. I’d not heard of Artel W before to be honest, they do some interesting alternatives.

Very effective conversion work, and should be very satisfying gaming with them!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #294 on: July 17, 2022, 06:46:36 PM »
Sanctioners look tough and gritty, very cool models. Good work on them- Artel can have some pretty fine details!

That poster in the back makes me want to join the guard, but something tells me that might be false advertising! 
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #295 on: July 18, 2022, 12:43:45 PM »
Love the new additions, especially those Sanctioners, but the beasties look great too and run them a close second.
 8) 8)

That poster in the back makes me want to join the guard, but something tells me that might be false advertising! 

lol lol
Steady on, old bean! Don't be doing anything too rash now.
 ;)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #296 on: July 18, 2022, 05:50:42 PM »
Thank-you.

I think I've probably got enough Beasties to run some sort of pest control cooperative Necromunda scenario with Space Hulk blips, and maybe an Ambull and/or Ur-Ghul creeping about.

...but something tells me that might be false advertising!

A scurrilous accusation Sir!  The Imperial Guard is all about looking fabulous whilst wearing bearskin hats and tailored jackets; supply issues may prevent the issuing of trousers, but practical boots will keep your lower legs warm at least...

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Sanctioner Patrol Vehicle added 02 Oct 22]
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2022, 12:52:41 PM »
With orders to extend her Bastion’s patrols beyond the Underhive and out into the Ash Wastes, Capt Fletcher has indented for a Tigr Armoured Patrol Vehicle (APV) for the Bastion’s MT pool.  The APV has two standard turret fits, the lascannon variant (as seen here) primarily for anti-vehicle capability in the more open environments of the ‘Wastes, and a stormbolter variant for anti-personnel duties (more common in the urban/Underhive environment).  (The stormbolter turret will come later, right now the key thing was to get the Tigr done with a lascannon in time for SumpCon2 next weekend.)

The Tigr is by Empress Miniatures, with a Chimera turret fitted in lieu of the open top hatch of the base vehicle.  The Gunner is a based on a random figure from the bits box (with arms in about the right pose) with a spare Artel W LEU head and shoulders to match the rest of my Sanctioners.  The lascannon is magnetised, so can be swapped out in the future if required.

I don’t really know what I’m doing with vehicles out in the ‘Wastes, so have spent all my creds on a 505 cred heavy vehicle with space for six dismounts and a punchy weapon.  We’ll see how well this works for me.  (I’d love to add some bikes, but my conversion skills are not really up to doing justice to the job, so I’m hoping Artel release some LEU bikers in the fullness of time.)

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2022, 01:25:58 PM »
That looks the business! The Chimera turret works really well on it.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #299 on: October 10, 2022, 07:24:16 PM »
Agreed.  The Chimera turret looks very natural atop the Tigr.  Excellent work.