Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:52:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What IP would you love to see produced?  (Read 15355 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
What IP would you love to see produced?
« on: August 05, 2016, 07:17:48 PM »
Just as it states on the box.  Which intellectual property (books, novels, movies, cartoons, video games, etc.) would you most like to see produced as a game?   What kind of game and in what scale?

Before anyone gets excited, no I'm not asking because of any inside info nor am I attempting anything grandiose.  Just purely curious.

Personally?  I would love, LOVE someone to get a proper license to produce the first generation of G.I. Joe in a quality 28-32mm table top wargame.  While I know there are various "not" figures and all kinds of 3rd parties with private sculpts etc., I would kill for a full line-up (start with the first episodes and go from there).  That's something I could really get behind.

Following that I'd quite like a 15mm scale original Transformers game.  That could be wonderfully fun.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: What IP would you love to see produced?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 07:26:48 PM »
Sci-fi dungeon crawl Mega man zero. Either in 28mm or 15mm (the second one allows for some bigger bosses!)

Anything Miyazaki really. Going by the tank design he did for a model kit I would love to see an original setting and game from him and the team.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 07:28:14 PM »
Game of Thrones is an obvious one. Licensed to the HBO series.

I'd like to see Battlestar Galactica (the more recent one) get the X Wing Armada treatment.

Bioshock/ Bioshock Infinite would be great as a miniatures game as well.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:30:48 PM by Sir_Theo »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »
Mass Effect would be pretty good. I'm actually surprised no-one has done it.

Although Imperial Assault and the Wotc bendies are available,  a proper Star Wars range would be great, but very bad for cash flow.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 07:33:45 PM »
Yes please! (actually, I'd prefer original BSG)

That would be great too actually.

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 07:34:58 PM »
Stargate in 28mm. It would make a good skirmish game.
And I second 28mm Star Wars.

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 08:07:40 PM »
Gonna have to third the call for Star Wars I'm afraid. Complete ranges. In 28mm. Of everything  :D

That would keep me happy for the rest of my gaming days  ;D

Edit - Actually, a comprehensive manga/anime range would be good as well. Bubblegum Crisis, Patlabour, Cyber City Oedo 808, even Gundam  ;D

cheers

James
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:12:34 PM by jimbibbly »
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 08:26:12 PM »
GI Joe would make a terrific miniature game. With Hasbro owning WoTC, I can't believe that it hasn't happened yet.
Tons of great characters and vehicles to recreate the battles and adventures of America's daring special mission force against Cobra and their various sub factions.
A miniature game could be the way to relaunch the brand.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 08:28:18 PM »
a comprehensive manga/anime range would be good as well. Bubblegum Crisis, Patlabour, Cyber City Oedo 808, even Gundam  ;D

I'd agree, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen a good way to translate anime eyes to miniatures... Oh and don't forget VOTOMS! I would have preferred a VOTOMS game over Macros myself.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 08:34:02 PM »
I'd agree, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen a good way to translate anime eyes to miniatures... Oh and don't forget VOTOMS! I would have preferred a VOTOMS game over Macros myself.

Those were the ones that popped into my head at the time. Be assured that there loads that I've missed  lol

cheers

James

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 08:36:51 PM »
I'd like to see a game made into wargame models :D
Scythe http://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/ is a boardgame set in an alternate 1920, repete with walkers.
They're big, but having them and the characters (which are already nice little models in the game, with small scale for the walkers and a lithe 25mm or slightly smaller for the characters) in 28mm - together with other examples from the artwork!

Offline S_P

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 09:07:32 PM »
SF3D/ Ma.K in 6mm for massed battles on a reasonable sized table. I tried it in 1/35th but it is too big.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 09:17:53 PM »
GI Joe would make a terrific miniature game. With Hasbro owning WoTC, I can't believe that it hasn't happened yet.
Tons of great characters and vehicles to recreate the battles and adventures of America's daring special mission force against Cobra and their various sub factions.
A miniature game could be the way to relaunch the brand.

My only major concern with this is that I'm afraid someone would do just that "relaunch" the brand with an entirely new aesthetic etc.  I'm not interested in a new revised GI Joe (neither are most people considering how poorly the new movies did!).  I'd like to see an unapologetic retro version with the original aesthetic.  That, sadly, is probably never going to happen.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 09:26:29 PM »
Gi joe would be cool, yes. I could imagine a very cool rule system to go with them as they are so individualised.

The IP I would like to see made would be Myth: The fallen Lords. Old game by bungee that had such an interesting back story. Great variety of miniatures. It would really suit a skirmish game or a large army game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth:_The_Fallen_Lords

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 09:50:48 PM »
Couple points:

There's been some Not-Mass Effect minis which look VERY nice, but sadly, I can't recall who makes them (I think it was some small boutique manufacturer but North Star was selling them at some point).

Hasslefree makes a lot of not-BSG (the modern series) figures, including officers, multiple Starbucks, and whats-her-name the cylon spy. Probably some more figures too.  

Anime faces can be translated to sculpture form, just look at the various millions of character resin kits produced each year in Japan. However, in 28mm/32mm miniature form I find that a compromise, like what Soda Pop miniatures are doing with Relic Knights or Kingdom Death are doing work better. Just so long as it's nothing like the handful of godawful "anime" nightmares produced by Reaper/Shadowforge to try and cash in way back in the 90's. Wew, those are bad, stinky sculpts!

As for me, I would love, LOVE, a small set of Valkryia Chronicles figures to use for my 1930's semi-imagi-nation of the Duchy of Semigallia (a real place, just not for a couple hundred years... and of course the similarity between Semigallia in reality and Gallia from the game ends mostly at the name and some geography lol).

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.