Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:16:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Moiterei's WW2 Ramblings (Update February 20th p.17)  (Read 47610 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Moiterei's WW2 Ramblings (Update p.5)
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2016, 12:17:52 AM »
I hate you people who say things like "I just splashed some paint on these" and them show stunning pictures like these
Lovely  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I have to agree.
Sublime brushwork that I can only be envious of.
 :-* :-*

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
Re: Moiterei's WW2 Ramblings (Update p.6)
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2018, 10:18:07 AM »
Finally got back into WW2  :D
First a Empress Miniatures Volksgrenadier, a Warlord Games Sd.Kfz. 251/9 and Crusader Miniatures Panzerbüchse AT-Rifle team as well as a 50mm mortar team.

And next a couple of plastic Warlord Games Russian tank riders

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »
Super work. Adore the AFV and the Germans.
Must admit I don't love the miniatures of the Russians with their funny snarly faces and bandy legs, but the painting is wonderful as usual  8)

Online Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2018, 11:54:41 AM »
Finally got back into WW2  :D

That was about time! However nice your SCW project looks, I missed your Wehrmacht...  ;)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »
A wonderful bit of 'paint sploshing' as usual.
 :-* :-*

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2018, 04:30:40 PM »

More gorgeousness, love the 251/9 :)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2018, 04:45:49 PM »
What a great bunch! The halftrack is outstanding! :-*

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2018, 05:12:21 PM »
 Very inspirational painting, always a joy to see :)

Offline LordSpode1879

• Scientist
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:36 PM »
Wonderful stuff!! Love the halftrack and that Empress Volksgrenadier! The Russians are beautifully painted but the faces are slightly odd?
Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2018, 06:13:19 PM »
Very nice job.

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2018, 11:38:42 AM »
Brilliant work! A game with these would look spectacular.
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
Just have to echo what has been said by others.
Really love your painting style.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2018, 10:14:30 AM »
very nice work indeed :-*
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline rha.celt

• Assistant
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »
With that nice of paint job how do you dare play with them. I paint to table top quality and they get banged around allot when gaming. You guys/gals that paint to museum quality amaze me. Those are some mighty fine paint jobs.

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2018, 09:54:44 PM »
Thank you Gents  :D

@Captain Blood: Me neither, but imho there's not much choice when it comes to nice Soviet sculpts. The Eureka ones are rather nice, but the price is quite prohibitive.

@Lord Spode: Yup, they are... Warlord Games figures often have a certain comical character I'm not really fond of either.

@rha.celt: Oh well, that's not as bad as it seems ;) I only have one regular opponent who's an highly accomplished painter himself. Thus we both are fully aware of how much time it takes to paint our stuff and thus we usually handle our toys with utmost care.

OK, enough small talk, bring on the armour!

First off is a 'liberated' M8 Greyhound to be used (as all the other vehicles in this post in fact) with my Fallschirmjäger force.

I simply love to use Beutepanzer and Beutefahrzeuge (loot tanks/ vehicles) with my Germans as it gives you a chance to model something 'unique' and tailor it to your own force.

This model is from Warlord Games and is quite a nice kit. Only the suspension is a little fickly, which is the reasons why this model got a base. I cut off the skirts and swapped some of the original kits wheels for some from a Warlord Sd.Kfz. 222.

I was quite sure to have seen pictures of captured M8's with exactly this modification, but alas I must have dreamed it.
Be that as it may, I also added some stowage and a crew figure to further 'germanize' the vehicle. The original, rather thick antennas were substituted with thin broom bristles.

Next is an early production StuG III from Rubicon Models. Not much to say about this one, except that it went together nicely. The tank commander is from Perry Miniatures.

Next in the queue is a StuH 42 (short for Sturmhaubitze or Assault howitzer). This actually is a bastard made from a Warlord Games StuG III and the Rubicon StuG. It started life as a straight out of the box StuG III. I think it was during the one before the last challenge that I messed up the paint job that badly that I almost threw it in the bin. Some time last year, when I built the Rubicon StuG, I decided to strip it and give it another try.
During the stripping process I damaged some of the parts badly. As the Rubicon kit comes with quite some options I hadn't used I carefully disassembled the Warlord kit.
First the 7,5-cm-StuK 40/L48 gun of the stock kit was replaced with the 10,5-cm-StuH 42 with Saukopfblende from Rubicon. Later the roof of the fighting compartment was carefully cut away and replaced with the corresponding Rubicon part. I actually preferred that one anyway as it has the typical very late war remote controlled MG-34 and a Stahlabweiser (literally steel deflector) in front of the command cupola.
Next I cut up the Schürzen of the kit and re-applied them in a field mod common later in the war.
Last but not least I added the rear stowage rack from Rubicon.

Last of the vehicles is the Opel Blitz, which is a Rubicon kit again. Already owning a pair of Warlords Resin version of this vehicle I've got to say what a beauty the Rubicon kit is, both in ease of assembly and accuracy. I didn't really invest much time into painting the cargo bed as I'll add some passengers at a later point.

Last but by no means least are some markers I built for Chain of Command. These are so called 'Jump off points' and in effect are the entry points for my troops to enter the table. They were built using various bits and pieces from the bits-box, but mainly Rubicon models American and German stowage kits.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:57:09 PM by moiterei_1984 »