Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:13:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Varangian veterans and warlord Harald Hardrada for SAGA  (Read 4453 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Varangian veterans and warlord Harald Hardrada for SAGA
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 02:24:39 AM »
The LBMS transfers are, as always, beautiful but so much work that I can only barely justify using them. That peel-away plastic sheet they use is SUCH A PAIN, and of course, some of the boss holes aren't the right size, which leads to much fiddling and trimming to get them to fit.

Somebody adviced me to get a leather punch (one of those with multiple punches on a wheel); punch no. 4 fits the bosses on GB plastic shields exactly (I tried it, as, incidentially, my wife has a leather punch).

Plus, I find that using the tip of my x-acto to get hold of the peel-away plastic eases the job.

And, please, show more of your nice Dark Ages paintjobs - I need all the inspiration I can get to get on with the last members of my Blood Eagle Viking warband and move on to some Viking OGAM units!  ;)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Gracchus Armisurplus

• Scientist
Re: Varangian veterans and warlord Harald Hardrada for SAGA
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 01:14:26 AM »
I must try the leather hole punch idea. Also, apparently, if you peel the entire plastic sheet off, then lay it back down prior to cutting the transfers out it makes it much easier to remove later on. But do you think I EVER remember to do that before I cut them out? No. And I think age has something to do with it as well, older sheets from the bottom of the drawer seem to give me more trouble.

I'm working on some Levies at the moment, so there might be some more pictures upcoming soon :) I'm glad I can provide some motivation, I know I always browse the forums here and elsewhere looking for inspiration and motivation so it's nice to know I can give a little something back :)