Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Secrets of the Hidden Temple - Behind the Camera - COMPLETED page 7.  (Read 48349 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: The Secrets of the Hidden Temple - Behind the Camera
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2008, 08:49:15 AM »
Here's the mad-driven tomb robber.

I wanted him to look really frightened, which I think I sort of managed.

I'm not sure about his skin... is it too dark for an Egyptian?  I used Foundry Dusky flesh, rounded off with FDF Light mixed with GW Bronzed Flesh - but maybe I shoul try starting with the mid-tone instead of the shade?

Well, I watched 'The Spy Who Loved Me' Saturday (Danish TV is doing a 007-cavalcade), and the Egyptians seemed VERY dark-skinned - so I'll stick to dark skin for him, and my diggers (but I MUST get some highlights on the diggers!)...
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »
For some reason I hadn't seen your thread before, so I've just read from the start.

Very impressive and should be a joy to play on.

I don't think your Egyptian skin-tone is too dark, after all there is a wide variation in their tones depending on ancestry etc.

This chap is very dark, presumably has Nubian or African ancestry:

whilst this one is paler:

I think yours looks fine  :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
I'll stick with him  :)

Finished the last miniature (Tonka) I need for the project, yesterday. I just have to touch up a bit on a hooded minion, and then I'll take a pic of the weird villains group.

So now I just need to finish some encounter-markers (if the weather behaves, I'll probably be spray-priming them with a batch this weekend), and get the floorpans for the temple done.

And flesh out profiles for the weird villain group, plus do a little re-arranging of the written scenario - I'm going to make a GM-section, as this is intended to be run by a GM, or at least only one of the players delving into all the details, to make a more fun experience for the other participants.

I'm not going to publish the scenario here (not unless Oprerator5 allows it, that is, as it will contain profiles of various archetypes from the Ratttrap books), but I'll probably send it to Rich in word-format so he can change whatever he wants and use/publish it, if deemed worthy. It will not, however, contain descriptions of skills and the likes. You'll still have to get the books to know what they do  ;)

Maybe, just maybe, I'll manage to get this game running before Christmas - depends on how fast I get the last pieces together (which, again, depends on how often my little girls actually go to sleep when they are put in bed  lol ).

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008, 11:37:59 AM »
I've been to Upper Egypt, and I met Egyptians of all shades. From folks whose skin colour is not that much darker than a European's, right through to black people, and everything in between.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 07:26:18 PM »
great looking figures! superb!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2008, 09:10:42 AM »
Thanks!  :)

I can now say for certain, that this project will not be finished before Christmas.

I have a fortnight vacation, starting Dec 20th, and apart from a few days at my in-laws, I shall be getting as much of the missing stuff ready as I can.

I am currently painting on the next-last batch of encounter markers (the last batch of 4 has to be primed white and washed with Devlan Mud, as they all are completely covered with skulls), and making floorplans for the subterranean temple.

Offline Shikari Sahib

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2008, 03:44:13 PM »
I've been to Upper Egypt, and I met Egyptians of all shades. From folks whose skin colour is not that much darker than a European's, right through to black people, and everything in between.

I know that I'm going OT, but the location Plynkes state is part of a very famous WW! British song, whya you mention such location? just curious.

It was sung in one of the best WW2 movie "DAS-DOOTE".
Piero

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2008, 03:57:25 PM »
Piero, you mean Tipperary?

Just for a laugh. Along with Colonials, the Great War (as I like to call WWI) is my area of interest. I like the song, and it fits my World War One vibe.

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2008, 01:40:33 AM »
It was sung in one of the best WW2 movie "DAS-DOOTE".
Piero

it was sung (whistled) also in the film: "The Russians are coming"
argsilverson

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2008, 10:20:49 AM »
I know that I'm going OT,

Be my guest  ;)

Offline Shikari Sahib

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2008, 10:34:49 AM »
Tipperary was one of my favourite, there is a new version sung bt Russina Army Chorus, very imponent ;D
two years ago I was in Ireland, was a pity that I had no time to reach Tipperary, just for fun to see this famous city.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2008, 11:00:14 AM »
I have a computer game where you take control of a U-Boat and go out on patrols and such. It's all in nice 3D, you even can see inside your sub in 3D and watch your minions doing their jobs (which can you assign, according to their skills, or send them to bed if they're getting tired, etc.) Watching the sun set from the conning tower is nice, too.

One cool feature is the gramophone. You can import MP3 tracks into the game and the sailors can listen to them on the boat's gramophone. So of course I had to put "Tipperary" on there, to make it more like 'Das Boot' (well, it's more atmospheric than having them listen to Marvin Gaye or Beyoncé, which you could do).

I think it was a LAFer (WillieB, but I might be remembering wrong) who sent me the file, so thanks for that.  :)

Offline Shikari Sahib

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2008, 11:24:10 AM »
I have a computer game where you take control of a U-Boat and go out on patrols and such. It's all in nice 3D, you even can see inside your sub in 3D and watch your minions doing their jobs (which can you assign, according to their skills, or send them to bed if they're getting tired, etc.) Watching the sun set from the conning tower is nice, too.

One cool feature is the gramophone. You can import MP3 tracks into the game and the sailors can listen to them on the boat's gramophone. So of course I had to put "Tipperary" on there, to make it more like 'Das Boot' (well, it's more atmospheric than having them listen to Marvin Gaye or Beyoncé, which you could do).

I think it was a LAFer (WillieB, but I might be remembering wrong) who sent me the file, so thanks for that.  :)

I'm not PC expert, let me know how to send the Russian Army Chorus Tipperary version
( same in the movie DasBoote),  is an MP3 version and will great improve your PC game.
Piero

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
Have finished the floor plans for the temple, and fleshed out the mysterious villains group - now I just have to make some stairs leading down to the temple, and finish the Brits' character sheets...... (plus maybe make a dune or two, and affix some tent poles to the archaeologist's tent....)

I'm confident that this scenario will finally get played during January (if I can assemble the players for it, that is..)  :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »
Cut out 2 cd-sized dunes today (from the messy kind of styrofoam). Of course I could not find my bag of filler for mixing, so I sacrificed the last bit of ready-made filler from an old tube. Not enough to smooth them out, though, will have to go get some more filler tomorrow.....