Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:22:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Heros for my Pulp Game - Robby's Sky Rangers  (Read 4128 times)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Heros for my Pulp Game - Robby's Sky Rangers
« on: January 30, 2009, 12:10:14 AM »
I wanted a team of heroes for my pulp games to fight my Zeppelin Troopers.
So here they are.
Robby Ruckus's Sky Rangers
The billionaire industrialist Robert “Robby” Ruckus recruited the Sky Rangers to fight organised crime and evil villains through out the world. Ignoring international boundaries and fight crime and evil, where ever it would emerge.
Robby took on this task after his family, wife and two kids, were murdered in a failed kidnap and ransom attempt.
He has used his vast fortune and the industrial capacity of his company to set up and out fit the Sky Rangers.

Robby Ruckus

His first recruit was his long time friend and personal Pilot Jamie MacDonald (Ex-Pilot Officer in the RAF). Robby and Jamie met during the First World War when they were both Pilots with the British.

Jamie

Other recruits are from various other places including ex-military demobbed from the army. Law enforcement officers fed up fighting criminals with their hands tied by bribery and corruption have a chance of fighting criminals on an equal footing with the Sky Rangers.

Having lost his own family to criminals Robby does not want to put the family and friends of his Rangers at risk. So he insists that they go incognito as Rangers. They all have to wear the famous Ranger Flying helmet that also covers most of their faces and instead of using their own names they all have code names such as Ranger Red, Blue, Green and Yellow etc. In the streets of most towns today, where the Sky Rangers operate, kids can be seen playing at being Sky Rangers with their home made helmets calling each other “Ranger Red and Ranger Blue”.

One of the most important recruits to the Rangers is Professor Hans Von Riddle. Robby helped Hans’s escape of Nazi Germany where he was wanted by the authorities for his views against their regime. Hans is a great scientist and inventor. He was a leading light in Germany’s scientific community prior to his fall out with the Nazis. He can turn his mind to almost any problem but his greatest expertise is in aerial technology. Has is responsible for designing and building some of the Rangers most important equipment.
(Pic of Prof Hans) Still to paint

The most important piece of technology that Hans designed and built is the greatest asset of the Sky Rangers. The “Sky Carrier” is the largest airship in existence. Originally designed as a prototype for the navy to replace their smaller versions. The “Sky Carrier” transports all of the Rangers any where in the world with all of their equipment. The “Sky Carrier” has the capacity to carry eight prototype Curtiss Float planes in internal hangers. There is also an internal hanger for a single Supermarine Walrus.

Curtiss Float Plane
The “Sky Carrier” is protected by numerous machine guns and two 37mm anti-aircraft cannons. It has the fuel capacity to travel half way around the world without stopping and has facilities and accommodation like a five star hotel due to the money put into it by Robby.
On the ground the Rangers only have the best of the best in term of weapons and equipment. Their standard firearm is the heavily Modified Bergmann / Schmeisser MP-18/I submachine gun, with box-type 20-round magazine. Professor Von Riddle has improved the design of this weapon to increase reliability and reduce the weight. To make it more suitable for the Rangers.
For heavier support the Rangers rely on the old reliable Lewis gun

That all for just now.
Still got alot of work to do and loads of further ideas.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:28:50 AM by gamer Mac »

Offline Bungle

• Scientist
Re: Heros for my Pulp Game - Robby's Sky Rangers
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 12:16:27 AM »
Nice job.... how are you going to paint and arm the float plane?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 12:23:18 AM »
Vary nice
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 12:31:08 AM »
very cool

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 02:18:17 AM »
Excellent job, but one minor point - the flags on their arms appears to have the fields reversed.

Not trying to be picky, just want you to have time to craft a good cover story if anyone else points it out.

Offline odd duck

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 09:14:05 AM »
looks like a very good start to an interesting project!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »
Great stuff, its nice to see the Artizan Sky Pirates being used as good guys for a change.  :)

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 09:30:04 AM »
Nice  :)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »
Bungle
No idea yet about what to do with the plane. Anyone got any ideas?

Cory
The reason for the American flag being back to front is that the photograph is actually being looked at from the back……..
Or
An evil mastermind is trying to come up with a plan to confuse the world about the Sky Rangers being goodies…
Or
I am just a useless git. ;)

Didn’t think it looked right when they were finished but never thought to check. Thanks for the heads up.

Jollybob
I really liked the figures but I already had villains in the shape of Pulp figures Zeppelin troops. So this is my idea to use them on the good side.

I have realised that the photo of Jamie is not very good so here is a better one.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 10:47:48 AM »
The 'backwards patch' is not entirely without precedent.

But the rule is that the blue corner with the stars on faces forward, so you have a backwards patch on your right arm, and a regular one on your left.

Therefore unfortunately your guys have still got it wrong. Just assume these fellows were accidently sent a job lot of right-arm shoulder patches, didn't know the rule, and mistakenly sewed them on the wrong arms!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:51:56 AM by Plynkes »
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline odd duck

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »
If Your looking for ideas on painting your airplane , take a look at Argsilverson's covers post http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=9296.msg0#new
click on pulp and an assortment of pulp mag. covers comes up ,Look at Bill Barnes and Dusty Ayres as they are air pulps as well as any mag.  starting with the word air and you'll have dozens of pictures of planes of the pulp era .some real and some total flights of fancy!You might also get some scenario ideas ,Good Luck

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 12:05:34 AM »
Thanks

Re-done the patches