Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:02:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689767
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Scruntian Slavers (my ongoing Post Apocalyptic project)  (Read 16512 times)

Offline bruenor odinson

• Librarian
Re: The Scruntian Slavers (my ongoing Post Apocalyptic project)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 10:08:44 PM »
Is it one of those collectable Ben 10 type thingys?

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »
Heheh getting warmer!

I'll give ya'll till tomorrow nigthe... when the clock strikes 12 I'll reveal where this monstrosity came from! I have sound evidence and lush information...

First one to guess and answer in this thread get's the (probably worthless) OOP citadel orc miniature I've been babbling about.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 09:35:59 AM »

A friend of mine had some fun with photoshop! And I've just downloaded Comic Life so stay tuned...

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 10:41:14 PM »

these are my budget savages... almost all games workshop parts with added toothpicks as spears.

The tribe paint their spears white so that in time blood will discolour them and the more discoloured spear the braver the warrior.

I'll admit to be slacking alot on these... I just need them "tabletop" for the weekend.

In other news we've got the Nagiyate Arctic Explorer... of course no one knows that in the post apocalypse and the scrunts utilise the vehicle for scounting ahead in front of their slave train and into radioactive areas (as it's protected against such horrors - smart japanese guys!).

There's a long way to go on this still, and I'm hoping for a really worn and weathered look. I¨ll be adding rust and other stuff later...
Instead of my usual white undercoat, with loads of washes and pigments I dotted on the white with a spongebrush. I hope this will save me some time in the end... hehe

lastly another shield is getting ready to do service... GW goblin shield with waterslide.. I figured that the savages wouldn't hesitate to reinforce the roadsign with a steelrim so I left it on.

Oh and since nobody has guessed where the blob-monster came from I guess it's time to reveal:

Well... it is.. dam dam daaaa: A 1991 plastic toy from the company Galoob.
It was part of a series called "The Trash Bunch" in which you bought your toy in a bag (without knowing which yo got - sound familiar?). You'd then run home and put the bag in water and watch it dissolve and when it was completely dissolved and the water was all green the monster/hero would float to the top.

Being really 90ish the idea behind the whole thing was the the "trashors" and the "disposers" were fighting the eco-fight against each other... right!

Here's a link to the complete story: http://toyarchive.com/TrashBagBunch/Trashors.html
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:46:35 PM by Thorbjørn Nielsen »

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »
Looks cool, especially the little car thingy, it seems that Ramshackle is giving us unlimited possibilities... It reminds me a bit of "Rullemarie", the danish anti bomb squad robot thing, but the paintjob is not really SWAT material I guess...

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 01:51:45 PM »
The japanese paint job works really well on this, somehow makes it look more realistic. Good work.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »
Hmmm!

Apparently the solvent I use for my decals does not like P3 paint... it softens it up and does all kinds of bad stuff to it!

I wish I could call myself yesterday and tell me that... but even more I hope that the Nagiyate Arctic Explorer can be saved.

@Curtis:

Great that you like the look. Mind you that it's a long way from done yet. I really wanted to give my wasteland stuff a feel of "leftover warmaterial" and I figured that using aircraft decals would help the idea along.
I have no idea what the symbols say. I don't mind though.

@Jonas:

Yeah the ramshackle stuff is rather excellent for our purpose. I'm only waiting on some bob olleys scrunt tank commanders to finish the train and get it rolling.

Haha. Rullemarie! Let's hold that thought:

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 03:18:46 PM »
Great stuff!

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 04:10:37 PM »
Some of the more finished scrunts..

"Gimme all your lovin', all your hugs and kisses too...."   lol

I love these fellas! You've done a great job so far with your project, but these Scrunts are definitely my favourites. I like the idea of using GW's chaos figures in a Post-Apocalypse setting. They might work in my own 5150 set-up.

I must save up and get some of those Scrunts, though.

Now where did I put that "Eliminator" CD....

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »
Some of the more finished scrunts..

"Gimme all your lovin', all your hugs and kisses too...."   lol

Now where did I put that "Eliminator" CD....

'Girls go crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!'

lol lol
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
I had an outing with the Random Encounter guys and some of my new stuff saw action:

New buildings, fences and general terrain...

In our first outing a bunch of savages led by Jonas assaulted "Mother McCready's Pig Farm" to get some food. Mother and Father tried hard to resist the savages, but in the end father skull was cracked and Mother squashed a savage and the rest fled.
Mother and father were aided by their children (my savages).

Mother is about to enter a house and one of her children is eagerly awaiting the outcome on top of the shack.

Children line up with white spears to fight off the oncoming savages

We used Torbens Wasteland Chronicles rules and it seemed to work ok in this game, although the hand-to-hand was rather everlasting due to mainly dismal dice rolling.

In our second game the savages tried ambushing a Water Merchant convoy. Yesterdays mission for food hadn't been a succes so now water was tried.

The good old "tree trunk over the road" trick.

The water merchants find that things are not entirely as they should be.

A savage jump from his cover and grabs one of the merchant mercenary guards and pulls him to the ground.
Unfortunately for the savage, the rules of HTH-combat have changed since the last game, so he now get's shot and killed before hitting in hand-to-hand. Poor sod.

The savages have awaken their avatar "Helpbot 5" to come and fight with them. Their leader is only vaguely aware of what makes the bot do anything, so each time the savages want to move the robot they roll a check to see whether they or the opposition controls the robot.

They manage to make the robot rip out the controls of truck 1.

Soon the convoy is completely enveloped in savages and bodies are strewn all over the place. Two water merchants have been taken hostage.

The game proved that much work was still to be done to the car-part of the rules, but I think the guys had fun.

My role in both games were to set up terrain, provide some of the figures and the story.

The guys also found time to play the odd electrocution game

Pia and Kim - the owners of Asgaard Games who were kind enough to house the homeless Random Encounters.

Offline Helljumper

• Student
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 09:43:55 AM »
Nice stuff  :D..........I'm playtesting Torben's Wasteland rules, looking at your miniatures I thought you might have some connection. I'm currently trying to get some stuff painted up to get a proper game in.

John
Obey the overseer and don't touch the tinned fruit.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/index/

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 11:58:41 AM »
Nice images there! Ive been harvesting all the Ramshackle models youve put up, can I put them on my gallery next time I update it?

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 12:09:30 PM »
Nice images there! Ive been harvesting all the Ramshackle models youve put up, can I put them on my gallery next time I update it?

Ofcourse you can!

Commanders from Bob Olley arrived today too, so soon I should have a running land train with gunners, commanders and the works!

I forgot to post this too:

I think it's getting closer to the mark.. I need to do more to the wind shield though. I painted it black and "dusted" it. But I don't think the illusion works. I didn't want to do it "gem-like" as you see on a lot of eldar stuff with big dropformed elements in glass/transparent material.
But I'm not so sure WHAT to do with it now...

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 01:45:58 PM »
We had lot of fun with these games.

Every time we play a game of Wasteland Chronicles it is also playtesting, so not everything is the same each time, sometimes we improve the game and sometimes not.

I really like that we actually can change in the rules if we think something does not work so well, so in the end I think Torben will have a really great game to present.