Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:38:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Song of Blades: Axe and Brimstone  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Bartman

• Bookworm
(Kickstarter) Song of Blades: Axe and Brimstone
« on: September 12, 2016, 05:05:00 PM »
Song of Blades and Heroes has launched their new Kickstarter for a new campaign. The minis look good and the rules are loads of fun. The guy running it has done a few others and has always been reliable in filling them. 8)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/9742092/song-of-blades-axe-and-brimstone?ref=nav_search

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
Re: (Kickstarter) Song of Blades: Axe and Brimstone
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »
Their Fightin Fungi kickstarter was a thoroughly enjoyable affair, so if interested, I wouldn't hestitate on that account.

Still debating whether I need these - Theres something about today thats caused everyone to launch their kickstarters.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:39:20 PM »
I'm going to back it for the PDF at least. I'm very interested to see how the campaign's been designed. It occurs to me that I could substitute the old great goblins (gnolls) for halflings and more wicked-looking goblins for chaos dwarves and run it that way without having to paint up a lot of miniatures.

And yes, the Fighting' Fungi kickstarter was very enjoyable.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 10:53:31 PM »
I'm going to back it for the PDF at least. I'm very interested to see how the campaign's been designed. It occurs to me that I could substitute the old great goblins (gnolls) for halflings and more wicked-looking goblins for chaos dwarves and run it that way without having to paint up a lot of miniatures.

And yes, the Fighting' Fungi kickstarter was very enjoyable.

Might do the same. Then again, I kinda want the printed book. But there's also a few of the miniatures I'd like. But I'll wait a bit with pledging. Hoping these guys get unlocked though:

Especially the paladin would be a fun character to mix up the traditional men-elves-dwarves adventuring warbands. (might have to reposition the right leg though)

Offline Bartman

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 01:52:47 AM »
I'm not sure I understand Affun. What does "need" have to do with it?  lol

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 06:34:29 PM »
I'm not sure I understand Affun. What does "need" have to do with it?  lol

I know, silly me  :D I think I'll end up jumping in with both feet anyway. Not too expensive either.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 03:41:34 AM »
I backed solely for the gaming mat. Hard to come by cheap gaming mats over here and these seem like good value.

Offline The Bibliophile

• Scientist
    • Scrum in Miniature
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 10:07:13 PM »
Very excited about this Kickstarter! Feels like it has hit a bit of lull. Hope more folks jump on board. I love Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes!

--Joe
Scrum in Miniature (my gaming blog): http://miniaturescrum.blogspot.com
Scrum Con (my miniatures+RPG convention in Wash, DC): https://sites.google.com/view/scrum-con/home
Above the Fray Miniatures (my minis company): https://sites.google.com/view/abovethefrayminiatures/home

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 01:16:09 PM »
I am a bit interested in this, but I wonder if their expected delivery date is realistic. It seems like an awful short amount of time to get molds made, books printed, and mats printed. Can anyone weigh in on how long their previous Kickstarters took before actual product was delivered? I am tempted, but with the Kickstarter horror stories I have heard. Also does anyone know which country this would ship from? I am US based and I am always leary of intercontinental purchases and shipping.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 01:46:19 PM »
I backed Fightin' Fungi and Hammer and Forge. I wasn't paying much attention to the dates, but I think everything came pretty quickly. I certainly wasn't aware of any delays.

I had a minor problem with the fungi order - the package was lost by the UK post or customs or something - but the organisers were highly responsive and really good about sorting me out with replacements very quickly, even though it wasn't their fault.

They ship stuff from Indonesia, I think.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 12:48:29 PM »
I was in the Fightin Fungi kickstarter, which they delivered pretty much on time (I think there was a week of delay or so?) - They were also very communicative throughout.

Very nice people, as far as I am concerned.

I've gone in for the 15$ printed book, as I am actively broke. I might raise the pledge to a halfling warband, but I'll have to sell of *something* for that to become a reality. 

Offline Bartman

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 12:18:41 AM »
I just ordered some minis from their web store on the 20th of September. They shipped from Malaysia and were in my mailbox here in New Jersey on the 1st of October.  :o

I had no money to back the Hammer and Forge Kickstarter, but pledged $1, so received the updates. They were very close to delivering on time, within a month I believe. That may seem excessive, but I pledged for a RAFM Cthulhu Kickstarter and it took over two years to see those minis.  >:(

The quality of the Song and Blade minis is superb. There is absolutely no flash and mold lines are all but invisible. The detail is above average and the poses are rather dynamic too.  :-*

I would jump in on this one if you can, and you can have confidence that it is a reliable well run company of gamers sponsoring it.  8)

My pledge keeps going up to include the warbands that I couldn't get earlier. Hopefully they will do Elves next. My wife likes elves, so I'd like to get her some of them. :D

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 01:56:29 PM »
My pledge keeps going up to include the warbands that I couldn't get earlier. Hopefully they will do Elves next. My wife likes elves, so I'd like to get her some of them. :D

I want to raise some money for the halfling warband - Hoping the wizard gets unlocked as that is pretty cool.
And also, this Mastiff rider is pretty neat too:

Mostly, though, I am holding off for the mothmen Andrea Sfiligoi mentioned offhandedly in a comment of the FB-group some time ago.  ;D He said it'd be a while, but one can keep dreaming, right?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 01:58:05 PM by affun »

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 10:45:07 PM »
I very interested in the halflings but not much else
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.