Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:25:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689673
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zombies....lots of zombies....  (Read 10891 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Zombies....lots of zombies....
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 10:23:56 AM »
Cheers.

Hopefully it changes the dynamic of a zombie fight a bit - there is definitely something menacing about a mob that size - its probably actually less of a threat than 46 individually based zeds, but a mix of individual zeds, and an unstoppable herd.... ;)

Walking Dead is one of my favourite Graphic Novels - would strongly recommend it to anyone thinking about zombie games, as it will give lots of inspiration, in the same way that watching Romero's Dawn of the Dead does.

Yeah but you're currently on n advance of next year's christmas presents from the kids so you can read volume 9!!  :P

Again very nicely executed, (and risen) there matey, still would like the 'they're not all that' nod from Shaun of the Dead with one turning/looking round at the back.

Hordes: would act like a meat grinder, soaking up woundpoints but still moving onward. I'd go for a critical wound level where the horde would split off too? Also grenades if thrown would have ++ on the scatter roll what with all those arms and legs and the potential for kicking/hitting it away.

I think the old distance markers and long range weapons fire ( a la World war z) will be the order of the day.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 04:31:33 PM »
well...along with the Strykers, humvees etc, i have got a couple of tanks for the zombie hunters.... ;) (not to mention the Apache...), but i'd hate to be the tankie who gets bogged down - literally - in a herd of zombies.

"Right, volunteers to go outside...."

Maybe i need some arty to add to the battlegroup - nothing enclosed, maybe a howitzer or two....

Part of the reason i went for such a high density/number of zeds on a base, was to resist the temptation of wound points.  In my book its more counters on a table, or heaven forbid....nasty record keeping.  Perhaps the first time someone hits one with a 155mm shell, i could offer to replace the horde with 46 individual zeds....

am guessing it won't happen again   lol

Having read Volume 9 of Walking Dead, its just increased my zombie lust for volume 10 (a long wait)  :(.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 06:11:22 PM »
well...along with the Strykers, humvees etc, i have got a couple of tanks for the zombie hunters.... ;) (not to mention the Apache...), but i'd hate to be the tankie who gets bogged down - literally - in a herd of zombies.

"Right, volunteers to go outside...."

Maybe i need some arty to add to the battlegroup - nothing enclosed, maybe a howitzer or two....

Part of the reason i went for such a high density/number of zeds on a base, was to resist the temptation of wound points.  In my book its more counters on a table, or heaven forbid....nasty record keeping.  Perhaps the first time someone hits one with a 155mm shell, i could offer to replace the horde with 46 individual zeds....

am guessing it won't happen again   lol

Having read Volume 9 of Walking Dead, its just increased my zombie lust for volume 10 (a long wait)  :(.

Late August mate as I've said in the 'other place'.

You could pick up the floppies but it would cost you, I like the trades personally.

The Commander

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 06:39:09 PM »

Same here. I just read it this past weekend. They go so quickly.
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com