Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695381
  • Total Topics: 118685
  • Online Today: 438
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Goalsystem] Super Mission Force  (Read 49255 times)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: [Goalsystem] Super Mission Force
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2016, 06:37:10 AM »
Thanks for the response!

I have a couple other questions:

-Does anything add bonus dice or rerolls to entangle escape attempts? Like, super-strength (minor) gives +1D to breaking objects or grappling. Would that apply to escaping Entangle? The rules don't say so, but I was wondering if they should, basically counting entangle as a type of grapple?

Good idea. I will add this.

-To get the +1D bonus for charging, you must move the last 2" in a straight line. If you started your turn 1" away from an enemy, does that mean you can back up a few inches and then move into contact (assuming you had enough movement) and still get the charge bonus?

Yeah, I have removed this limit. It allows us to avoid this weird situation of backing up and running back in.

-About the question from Cait Sidhe on Summoning. He asked about when summoning is part of the sorcery pool. Just to be clear, doesn't Summoning always have to be with Sorcery? I don't see any other way to take Summoning as a major power without taking Sorcery first.

This is true. So the note does not need to be there, I suppose. So in this case, you'll need to make the recharge roll whether you successfully summon or not.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 06:39:25 AM by fourcolorfigs »
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2016, 11:53:29 AM »
Uploaded latest version!

Highlights:

-- Added some stuff on Henchmen backgrounds

-- Nerfed Magic Hammer just a bit

-- Lowered recharge on Summoning, and adjusted the stats on the summoned characters

-- Changed most bumps to additional re-rolls rather than full dice bumps

And a few other odds and ends I cannot think of right now!

Keep the questions and comments coming! Rules are tightening up nicely.

Here's the link again:

https://app.box.com/s/4sx2qknhb2nd4ptn8o4wrvmqd3ldgoa6

--Scott

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
I think just plain summon might make sense as an alternate major power for the sorcerer archetype?
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2016, 01:59:06 PM »
-About the question from Cait Sidhe on Summoning. He asked about when summoning is part of the sorcery pool. Just to be clear, doesn't Summoning always have to be with Sorcery? I don't see any other way to take Summoning as a major power without taking Sorcery first.

Oh wow, I totally missed that... I assumed it was a minor power. I guess due to no archetype having it as you say.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2016, 03:54:59 PM »
I think we can make Summoning a minor power, then change Sorcerer to having one major power, sorcery. Then you can include summoning in your grimoire, and Wildcards can also get it.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2016, 11:25:56 PM »
Ok, I've made the following adjustments:

-- Sorcery now allows 1 major power and 4 minor powers

-- Summoning is now a minor power and is accessible to the Sorcerer and Wildcard

-- Reduced the starting Body and Psyche of summoned creatures

-- Summoning now has a note that you only need to recharge on a successful summons.

-- If you place it in the Sorcery package, you'll still need to recharge it after each attempted use. This rule takes precedence over summoning's rule

-- added a note to Melee Weapon explaining that it's +2D bonus for breaking objects is also effective against entangles

Offline BigB

• Librarian
    • The Ocala Garrison
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2016, 07:03:07 PM »
When do you anticipate going live with the rules?

I've supported your games from the original Supersystem forward and want to be sure I get this one as well.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2016, 09:44:43 PM »
Thanks, BigB! At the rate we're going I am thinking late December. Depending on Joe D's schedule. We could make a holiday release. But we'll see.

If not, I would guess mid-January.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2016, 08:24:28 PM »
Uploaded latest version of the rules!

Lots of little clarifications and tweaks.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2016, 12:38:31 AM »
First up the entry for dropping prone mentions the crawling rules as "see Crawling below", the crawling rules come before this as they're in the movement section. Is there any benefit to dropping prone at all? Does it count as knocked down (+1D ranged defence, +1D bonus to enemy on melee)?

Force field states that you choose which characters to protect at the start of your turn, does that mean an extended forcefield persists each turn without using it again? Or should characters be chosen when the special action to extend it is taken and it expires at the start of the users turn?

Move-by Attack, it might be better to say something like "You can take any path between foes adhering to normal movement rules" or something since zigzag conjures up a very specific pattern to me. I assume you can only attack each foe once in any given Move-by Attack?

The change to Sorcery is a bit annoying as before I was able to easily fit the powers on the character sheet by omitting sorcery itself and just annotating it after each power in the pool (2 major and 4 minor slots inc the Sorceror's minor choice).  ;D

Offline Nojoy

• Student
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2016, 04:18:13 AM »
I've been following each update to the rules, and eagerly look forward to it going to print. With that said, I really love how this is shaping up and have a few comments:

Could "Magic Hammer" be renamed to "Magic Artifact"? I know it seems minor, but giving it a more open title leaves it to a greater interpretation. Every time I read it I  instantly think "Thor", but the actual power can really be any item.

I'd also like to suggest a minor power, "Thrown Weapon". Perhaps a 10" range attack that allows the attacker to use base melee dice, or maybe melee dice at -1D, at range. It would be a better fit for tossed billy clubs, batarangs, or shuriken. "Power Bast" seems a bit too hard hitting for a few of those.
I've considered using "Stun" to simulate it, but it just seems a bit off for some of them.

Thanks for writing this, it fits great with my style of gaming.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2016, 11:39:33 AM »
First up the entry for dropping prone mentions the crawling rules as "see Crawling below", the crawling rules come before this as they're in the movement section. Is there any benefit to dropping prone at all? Does it count as knocked down (+1D ranged defence, +1D bonus to enemy on melee)?

I fixed this.

Force field states that you choose which characters to protect at the start of your turn, does that mean an extended forcefield persists each turn without using it again? Or should characters be chosen when the special action to extend it is taken and it expires at the start of the users turn?

I don't understand your question. You designate added protection with your special action, then make your check. So long as those characters stay within 10" of you, they enjoy the protection until the beginning of your next turn. I did add a note that characters must stay within 10" of you.

Move-by Attack, it might be better to say something like "You can take any path between foes adhering to normal movement rules" or something since zigzag conjures up a very specific pattern to me. I assume you can only attack each foe once in any given Move-by Attack?

I fixed this.

Thanks!

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »
I've been following each update to the rules, and eagerly look forward to it going to print. With that said, I really love how this is shaping up and have a few comments:

Could "Magic Hammer" be renamed to "Magic Artifact"? I know it seems minor, but giving it a more open title leaves it to a greater interpretation. Every time I read it I  instantly think "Thor", but the actual power can really be any item.

Thanks! I thought about it and made this change.

I'd also like to suggest a minor power, "Thrown Weapon". Perhaps a 10" range attack that allows the attacker to use base melee dice, or maybe melee dice at -1D, at range. It would be a better fit for tossed billy clubs, batarangs, or shuriken. "Power Blast" seems a bit too hard hitting for a few of those.
I've considered using "Stun" to simulate it, but it just seems a bit off for some of them.

If you look at Shield, it does a good job of modeling Batman's utility belt. Maybe that might work?

Thanks for writing this, it fits great with my style of gaming.

You're welcome! Much appreciated!

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »

I don't understand your question. You designate added protection with your special action, then make your check. So long as those characters stay within 10" of you, they enjoy the protection until the beginning of your next turn. I did add a note that characters must stay within 10" of you.

The rules for force-field state:

Decide which characters to protect at the start of each of your turns.

But the added protection is done with a special action during the force-field character's activation. Do you decide ahead of time which characters your force field covers each turn (even without using the special action) or is this line left over from an earlier version of the rule?

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2016, 01:56:21 PM »
The rules for force-field state:

But the added protection is done with a special action during the force-field character's activation. Do you decide ahead of time which characters your force field covers each turn (even without using the special action) or is this line left over from an earlier version of the rule?

Ahh. Got it. Fixed this.

Force-Field (minor)
You wield protective energies. Decide when you acquire this power whether it shields against Body or Psyche damage. Your Force-Field grants you a separate 4D defense goal roll against incoming attacks. If an attack gets through, you must make a second defense goal roll against the full incoming attack. You may also protect additional characters within 10” of you. Use a special action and make a 4D check and note your goals:

2 goals = 1 character
3 goals = 2 characters
4 goals = 3 characters

Decide which characters to protect before making your check. Protected characters must remain within 10” of you to enjoy your Force-Field’s benefits.

Maximum Protection: You can push your Force-Field to its limits, rolling 6D instead of 4D for its protection, but succeed or fail, the power shuts down after this enhanced use. Recharge 2+

Example: Blue Torch has a Force-Field. He decides he wants to protect his pals, Super-Charger (5” away) and Kid Dynamo (8” away). He rolls 4D and scores 2 goals! He can protect only one of his friends, and he chooses Kid Dynamo.