Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:25:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695383
  • Total Topics: 118685
  • Online Today: 507
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 460
Total: 465

Recent

Author Topic: [Goalsystem] Super Mission Force  (Read 49260 times)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: [Goalsystem] Super Mission Force
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2016, 03:20:32 PM »
Ok, I see no reason not to consolidate the two Henchmen archetypes into one (thanks, Nojoy  ;)):

Henchmen Archetype
Whether blasting away at range or fighting in melee, henchmen try to overwhelm their foes with sheer numbers. Your minor power selections will determine your group’s capabilities and style. If you select the Veterans option, note that your group’s base numbers drop from 10 to 5.

Basic Stats
Move: 6”

Numbers: 10

[  ] Veterans (Yes____ / No____)

Minor Powers (choose two)
[  ] Armor  [  ] Legion [  ]  Melee Weapon  [  ] Power Blasts  [  ] Resistance  [  ] Super-Agility  [  ] Super-Strength

Suggested Backgrounds (choose one)
[  ] Arcane  [  ] Art  [  ] Athletics [  ] Blue Collar  [  ] Business [  ] Criminal  [  ] Espionage  [  ] Exploration  [  ]High Society  [  ] Medicine  [  ] Military  [  ] Monarch  [  ] Performance [  ] Public Safety  [  ]  Science  [  ] Social Science
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2016, 04:27:48 PM »
Updated the doc a bit:

-- Added a Boost minor power that lets a character buff a target with re-rolls

-- Tweaked Stun a bit to make it simpler to use

-- Consolidated the two Henchmen archetypes into one archetype

-- Also tweaked how you make Henchmen a veteran group

Thanks for your continued feedback!

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2016, 03:17:51 PM »
Ok, checking in with some updates and a request for feedback.

I changed the new Boost power to Enhance, so it does not confuse folks with the Boosts you can take in lieu of a minor power.

Now, I go to thinking we might could use one more archetype to model leader, mastermind types. Here's what I came up with:

Mastermind Archetype
You're the master planner, natural leader, or brilliant tactician of your team. Your guidance can make or break the destiny of your team! Customize your mastermind with whatever minor powers best capture the look and feel you’re after.

Basic Stats
Move: 6”
Body Damage Boxes: 4
Psyche Damage Boxes: 4

Major Powers
[  ] Enhance

Minor Powers (choose two)
[  ] Armor   [  ] Flight  [  ] Force-Field  [  ] Iron Will  [  ] Power Blasts  [  ] Resistance  [  ] Super-Strength

Backgrounds (choose two)
[  ] Arcane  [  ] Art  [  ] Athletics [  ] Blue Collar  [  ] Business [  ] Criminal  [  ] Espionage  [  ] Exploration  [  ]High Society  [  ] Medicine  [  ] Military  [  ] Monarch  [  ] Performance [  ] Public Safety  [  ]  Science  [  ] Social Science

I tweaked basic Enhance to make it work on characters within 5" instead of melee, and then I created a major version that is a 6D roll and works within 10".

Here's the text on the two Enhance options:

Enhance (major)
You can increase the capabilities of characters within 10” of you. Use a special action and make a 6D check. Every two goals you score grant your target +1 Re-roll on a check of his choice. You can split Re-rolls between multiple targets within 10” of you. No single target can benefit from more than +2 Re-rolls from any Enhancement, and can only benefit from one character’s Enhance at a time. Once used any Re-rolls are expended.

Enhance (minor)
You can increase the capabilities of characters within 5” of you. Use a special action and make a 5D check. Every two goals you score grant your target +1 Re-roll on a check of his choice. You can split Re-rolls between multiple targets within 5” of you. No single target can benefit from more than +2 Re-rolls from any Enhancement, and can only benefit from one character’s Enhance at a time. Once used any Re-rolls are expended.

Example: Prof Weird tries to Enhance Ox and Simian. He rolls 5D and scores 4 goals! This gives him +2 Re-rolls to impart, and gives one to Ox and one to Simian. Until each character spends his +1 Re-roll he cannot benefit from further applications of this power.

All I've done in the rules text so far is make the change from Boost to Enhance, and update the enhance text so it works at 5" instead of melee. I feel pretty good about the Mastermind archetype and the major version of Enhance that foes with it, but I thought I'd get some feedback first before installing them in.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:23:08 PM by fourcolorfigs »

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2016, 11:50:18 PM »
We were lacking a duplicate power.

Here is one:

Duplicate (minor)
You can use a special action to create a copy of yourself! This copy possesses all of your boosts and powers (except for Duplicate) and Move value, but a base Body and Psyche of just one each. Your copy appears within 5” of you, and can act the turn you bring him into play. Additionally your copy automatically fails any KO checks. So long as you make your recharge check each round, you can keep duplicating yourself. Your duplicates always act on your initiative. When one of your duplicates takes damage and fails his KO check, it could take a toll on you. Make a TN2 check. If you fail you suffer 1 Psyche damage. If you’re KO’ed, remove your duplicates from play. Recharge 2+

Example: The Wildcard alien Z-Rox (Move 6”, Body 4, Psyche 4, Duplicate, Super-Strength, Enhanced Senses, Clever) uses a special action and copies himself! The Z-Rox duplicate possesses the following profile: Move 6”, Body 1, Psyche 1, Super-Strength, Enhanced Senses, Clever. When the duplicate Z-Rox arrives within 5” of the master version, he can take his turn as soon as Z-Rox himself finishes his turn. If he gets hit, he’s KO’ed and Z-Rox has to make a TN2 check or suffer 1 Psyche damage.

Offline Erethor

• Assistant
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2016, 11:51:46 PM »
I had a couple quick clarifications:

1. Does Teleport require Line of Sight to where you want to go? It doesn't say so, but I wasn't sure if that was the intent. I think it works well as is.

2. Can you Teleport out of combat? Would you still take hits for breaking melee as normal?

3. If you are breaking from melee, and an enemy hits you with their free attack and inflicts knockback, do you continue your move from your new position (the knockback endpoint)?

4. If you are knocked back and would end up over another model, what happens? Do you move into base contact with them? If they are an enemy, are you considered in Melee again?

5. Do models block movement? I assume you can't move through enemy models. But, as some games do, can you move through friendly models as long as you don't end your turn on them? Right now I play as though all models block movement, seems to work well.

Thanks for your time!

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #215 on: November 27, 2016, 01:17:23 AM »
I had a couple quick clarifications:

1. Does Teleport require Line of Sight to where you want to go? It doesn't say so, but I wasn't sure if that was the intent. I think it works well as is.

No it does not. I clarified this.

2. Can you Teleport out of combat? Would you still take hits for breaking melee as normal?

Yes, you can. It does incur a free attack. I clarified this.

3. If you are breaking from melee, and an enemy hits you with their free attack and inflicts knockback, do you continue your move from your new position (the knockback endpoint)?

Yes, you would continue from the point where your KB ended. I added a note on this.

4. If you are knocked back and would end up over another model, what happens? Do you move into base contact with them? If they are an enemy, are you considered in Melee again?

Just place your KB model 1" away from the model you ran into.

5. Do models block movement? I assume you can't move through enemy models. But, as some games do, can you move through friendly models as long as you don't end your turn on them? Right now I play as though all models block movement, seems to work well.

Friendlies do not block, but enemies do. I noted this.

Thanks for your time!

You're welcome!

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2016, 01:27:00 PM »
Uploaded new version with latest changes and additions.

-- Added new Mastermind archetype

-- Added two maneuvers for the Mastermind

-- Added new Duplicate power

-- Changed Boost to Enhance, and then made minor and major versions of Enhance

Can't think of anything else major right now. But that's a lot!  ;)

Offline Nojoy

• Student
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2016, 06:41:52 PM »
As I was going over the new archetype, a question/observation came to me... shouldn't the optional minor powers such as Amphibious and Construct be included in each archetypes checkbox listing?
I also wondered why the boosts are listed separately instead of being minor powers and included in the checkbox.
I can kind of see where you were going, giving options to characters to fit concepts better... But for clarity and simplicity maybe they should be considered minor powers.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2016, 06:50:05 PM »
As I was going over the new archetype, a question/observation came to me... shouldn't the optional minor powers such as Amphibious and Construct be included in each archetypes checkbox listing?

Not sure. I want to keep the Archetypes as trim as possible.

I also wondered why the boosts are listed separately instead of being minor powers and included in the checkbox.
I can kind of see where you were going, giving options to characters to fit concepts better... But for clarity and simplicity maybe they should be considered minor powers.

Yeah, I also like them separate for now. They're not really powers, but alternatives anyone can swap out for. This may be a semantic difference, but I like it so far.

Thanks!

Offline Nojoy

• Student
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »
I can respect that, sometimes you just have a vision you need to follow.

Btw, really like the duplication power.

Just re-based 4 Heroclix Sentinels for an X-Men play test. Unfortunately my days off were cancelled, so I may not get a chance until next week to try an actual game. Maybe I can get a handful of Maddox figures before then.

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2016, 07:18:44 PM »
Uploaded new version with latest changes and additions.

-- Added new Mastermind archetype

-- Added two maneuvers for the Mastermind

-- Added new Duplicate power

-- Changed Boost to Enhance, and then made minor and major versions of Enhance

Can't think of anything else major right now. But that's a lot!  ;)

My first thought was that I like the idea of the mastermind archetype, he's pretty clear when you think of good guys.  For bad guys, I'm thinking of dudes like the Joker?  Then I think of minions for guys like the Joker as he always seems to have them.  

So I was going to look at giving him the Duplicate power to represent bringing loads of mooks to the table.  Didn't Duplicate used to be able to bring out Henchmen?

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2016, 07:34:47 PM »
My first thought was that I like the idea of the mastermind archetype, he's pretty clear when you think of good guys.  For bad guys, I'm thinking of dudes like the Joker?  Then I think of minions for guys like the Joker as he always seems to have them.  

So I was going to look at giving him the Duplicate power to represent bringing loads of mooks to the table.  Didn't Duplicate used to be able to bring out Henchmen?

You might be thinking of SS4. For Joker I would swap one of his team's character choices for a henchmen group. That solves that well enough.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2016, 04:16:46 PM »
Tomorrow I will run some play-test games. To do so I am writing up the Inhumans to use against MODOK and some existing villains (Rhino, AIM Agents, Whirlwind).

Here's how I plan to stat out my Inhumans:

Inhumans

Black Bolt (Blaster)
Power Blasts (major)
Flight
Super-Strength (minor)

Medusa (Wildcard)
Fast (Boost)
Multiple Limbs
Savant
Super-Strength (minor)

Karnak (Brawler)
Scrapper
Iron Will
Melee Weapon

Gorgon (Brick)
Super-Strength (major)
Resistance
Tough (Boost)

Crystal (Wildcard)
Entangle
Force-Field
Power Blasts (minor)
Servitor / Sidekick

Lockjaw (Sidekick)
Teleport

I will let folks know how it goes!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:29:37 PM by fourcolorfigs »

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2016, 01:01:48 AM »
Uploaded latest revisions:

Latest Changes (11/30)

-- Added +2 Body / +2 Psyche to every Archetype, Summoned creature, Sidekick, and scenario character
-- Lowered KO check TN from 4 to 3
-- Added Reach option to Multiple limbs power
-- Tweaked Growth so the bonus to hit a character with active Growth is only for ranged attacks
-- Added official rules on playing out captures

Other changes I can't remember right now!

Offline Erethor

• Assistant
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2016, 10:15:03 PM »
Had another quick question:

Clever gives you/your leader +1D to initiative rolls, but Enhanced Senses gives you initiative re-rolls that don't stack with other models that also have Enhanced Senses. Do Clever initiative bonuses stack from two or more models that have Clever, or are they restricted also?