Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686613
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 762
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Need some suggestions for Henchmen for a "unique" Sci-Fi Villain  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Need some suggestions for Henchmen for a "unique" Sci-Fi Villain
« on: February 14, 2009, 10:09:14 AM »
EVIL SPACE LINCOLN needs henchmen....

So, I've got a 28mm Abraham Lincoln, or I've located one anyway, and I intend to use him as a surprise villain in an upcoming Fantastic Worlds campaign. Why Abraham Lincoln? I am actually a dyed in the wool Unionist, but the concept of an "Evil Lincoln" wandering the galaxy has been a running gag in our gaming group for some time, and I thought I'd surprise them all by actually making it a reality.

What I can't seem to find are suitable henchmen/minions/etc. I've looked at a lot of options, can't seem to find anything that really has a "hook", so I'm throwing it open to you. Any ideas?

-Doc

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Re: Need some suggestions for Henchmen for a "unique" Sci-Fi Villain
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:45:02 AM »
What exactly does Evil Abe do? I'm guessing he's some kind of totalitarian overlord bent on creating a fascistic galactic union or federation, but is there a particular background to the running gag that might provide a hook?

I'm just asking as my knowledge of Licoln isn't exactly encyclopaedic, so if you've referenced parts of the real man's life, I wouldn't get the joke.

Other than that, how's about a gang of John Brownies? Malevolent, big bearded, genetically engineered munchkin sized terrorists who strike at the heart of the freedom loving Confederate Space Alliance. (Think if the Browncoats had won in Firefly/Serenity.)

Any good to you?  ???

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »
John Brownies is hilarious!  lol lol
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 03:37:20 PM »
John Brownies is hilarious!  lol lol

Sounds better than Brown Johnnies, somehow. ;) lol

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 04:21:59 PM »
How about making 15mm or 20mm Lincolns into an army of windup Lincoln dolls.

Old Glory puts some 15mm Lincolns in one of their ACW packs - quite a few folks have three or four sitting around.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:25:30 PM by Cory »

Offline stroblight

• Librarian

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »
If you were using 15mm Lincolns - rather than having them as clockwork, have them radio controlled, and use something like a West Wind vampire wars Igor as the controller.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 08:19:52 PM »
What exactly does Evil Abe do? I'm guessing he's some kind of totalitarian overlord bent on creating a fascistic galactic union or federation, but is there a particular background to the running gag that might provide a hook?

I'm just asking as my knowledge of Licoln isn't exactly encyclopaedic, so if you've referenced parts of the real man's life, I wouldn't get the joke.

Other than that, how's about a gang of John Brownies? Malevolent, big bearded, genetically engineered munchkin sized terrorists who strike at the heart of the freedom loving Confederate Space Alliance. (Think if the Browncoats had won in Firefly/Serenity.)

Any good to you?  ???

I like the "John Brownies" idea quite a lot, actually;) I'll see what I can do..

Evil Lincoln is just that - evil Abraham Lincoln. Imagine the most wholesome character of your childhood - perhaps a cherished national hero. And then simply make him a bad guy. The very rough concept is that he was a wax droid at an amusement world who went a little crazy after years of abandonment (thinK Red Dwarf, if you're familiar with that episode of the show).

He's got all those qualities that made Lincoln great: intelligence, wit, charisma, silver tongue, ginormous hat. But now he's turning them to evil, evil I tells ya!

"I've liberated the slaves. Now I'm going to liberate your head from your body, punk!",
"I want Jefferson Davis dead, I want his family dead, I want his house burned to the ground!"
"A house divided itself cannot stand, and neither can your planet now that I've stolen its core! Muahahaha!"
"I have a rail splitting headache.... Evil Lincoln SMASSH!!!!"

-Doc

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »
Right, following you now, sounds like a good idea for a bad guy.  :)

Best of luck with the John Brownies, I may have thought of them, but I have no idea how you can make them!  lol

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 09:55:30 PM »
Right, following you now, sounds like a good idea for a bad guy.  :)

Best of luck with the John Brownies, I may have thought of them, but I have no idea how you can make them!  lol

I'm thinking some of the Scrunts from Olley's Armies. Maybe some of the Scrobbits, too.

-Doc

Offline dusser

• Librarian
    • http://hodgepodgelodger.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 04:35:12 AM »
Maybe Evil Lincoln can have a sidekick named Penny Dreadful.  She could throw razor sharp copper discs with his insignia on them.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 05:42:36 AM »
Maybe Evil Lincoln can have a sidekick named Penny Dreadful.  She could throw razor sharp copper discs with his insignia on them.

HAH! I like that too.

Another suggestion, this one from my wife, was to build an army of Mary Todd Lincolns... Perhaps various space vixens, all with the initials "M.T."

-Doc

Offline dusser

• Librarian
    • http://hodgepodgelodger.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 08:10:37 PM »
I love the Mary Todd idea.

Maybe Evil Lincoln can have a nemesis that can help the party out against him.  His name would incorporate Ford Theater and play off of either Harrison Ford or Ford Prefect.