Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:39:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Problems logging into Photobucket  (Read 3289 times)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Problems logging into Photobucket
« on: November 29, 2016, 09:59:08 AM »
Since I got my new laptop I have not been able to access my photobucket. I log in fine but then when I hit the upload button or want to look in my galleries it keeps leading me back to the log in page again and again. It is NOT telling me that my log in is wrong or anything (It's not) but it won't come off that page no matter how many times I log in.
Anyone else had this and what is the solution?

Even if I switch to another host, I still have the problem of getting at all the photos I have on photobucket.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Problems logging into Photobucket
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 12:14:48 AM »
Did the uploaded/downloaded part of the web site go "pay to play" recently?  That might be apart of the problem.
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:14:52 PM »
Did the uploaded/downloaded part of the web site go "pay to play" recently?  That might be apart of the problem.

Hi Conquistador, I thank you for your reply but I am not quite sure what you are talking about. It is always interrupting me with annoying pop ups and adverts but I don't remember seeing "pay to play" flashing up anywhere.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 12:19:33 AM »
Down in the bottom right hand corner there's a little tab/box that says you can remove adds for a dollar or some such.

The annoying thing for me is that they've reduced the amount of storage per plan. A couple of months ago I was on 25-26% full and that took a good year and a half to get to and then all of a sudden I'm on 84%  :-[

Money grabbing bollocks is what it is.

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 06:56:31 AM »
imgur, boys, imgur.

Free. Easy to use. No limits whatsoever. The only drawback is you lose a half an hour of your life whenever you go to the homepage.  lol

I'm going to preach it until you all change!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 07:21:58 AM »
Since I got my new laptop I have not been able to access my photobucket. I log in fine but then when I hit the upload button or want to look in my galleries it keeps leading me back to the log in page again and again. It is NOT telling me that my log in is wrong or anything (It's not) but it won't come off that page no matter how many times I log in.
Anyone else had this and what is the solution?

Even if I switch to another host, I still have the problem of getting at all the photos I have on photobucket.

James, I´ve got the same problem. It is not due to your new laptop. I haven´t found out yet how to fix it and I start to think that I never will...  >:(

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 09:01:58 AM »

I'm starting to lean that way  ;D

cheers

James

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 09:11:44 AM »
imgur, boys, imgur.

Free. Easy to use. No limits whatsoever. The only drawback is you lose a half an hour of your life whenever you go to the homepage.  lol

Agreed. Some of my older images are still on Photobucket, but when I go there I am assaulted by adverts of such dubious nature that I feel like I landed on some fake duplicate. Imgur has more than enough content of dubious nature but all of that is user generated, which is somehow less offensive.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 11:54:18 AM »
Agreed. Some of my older images are still on Photobucket, but when I go there I am assaulted by adverts of such dubious nature that I feel like I landed on some fake duplicate. Imgur has more than enough content of dubious nature but all of that is user generated, which is somehow less offensive.

Sorry but must dissent, went there and never could find how to store/post my pictures due being deluged by other people's work... sticking to Flickr.  At least I can put my pictures there, add/delete, upload/download successfully.  As for photobucket charging for what before was free...  >:(

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 01:44:26 PM »
imgur, boys, imgur.

Yep

And another great feature of Imgur is that unlike Photobucket, the stuff you put on Imgur doesn't go through another round of file compression.

The images come out great... exactly like the ones you have stored in your computer/camera.

I was hesitate of changing for a long time, but when I saw the difference it makes to the images you link to... there is no comparison.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 01:50:49 PM »
In general terms they are all as bad as each other. Unless you are prepared to pay for the hosting you will suffer unwanted ads and "push" offers and content. (Can't help with the log in problem sorry but the helpdesk  are fairly responsive).

I use Photobucket out of convenience and familiarity and currently have a list of "blocks" in my adblocker (Ad Block Plus) about 80 entries long just on the Photobucket site. It runs quickly and bug free when you disable all the push scripts.
Simple if a bit time consuming to do but worthwhile.

The other thing you can do to improve the usability (applies to Facebook pages and the hated Pinterest as well) is to use the "Inspect Element" function on the browser (rightclick on webpage in Firefox...possibly elsewhere on other browsers).
Identify which part of the html code is responsible for the ad bar, white login box or other screen obscuring pop up, click on the code line to select it and click "delete node" on the dropdown list. Will remove the offending block while you are on the page. Unfortunately it is not permanent and has to be done on each visit.

I am no techie so this is all basic simple stuff that even I can manage. There may be "proper" or better ways to achieve this, anybody know?

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »
I noticed the other day that Photobucket has beren given a bit of a facelift - the upload page is very different - so maybe they have upgraded the whole site.

About three years back I ran out of phot space on my blog so opened a photobucket account - within a year I had run out of space so upgraded to a paying account (costs about £30 / year) - all my photos sit on this site (now at 59% full - I reckon at this rate that will take another three years to fill.

It would appear that this paying account does not feature adverts.

All in all I have been happy with photobucket

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 03:17:59 PM »
File compression is a real problem for larger shots.

Photobucket:

Imgur:

:)

Offline Tim

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 09:33:56 PM »
imgur, boys, imgur.

I've been using IMgur for the past few months and it is oh so much nicer than Photobucket has become.  For one, clicking on a direct image link from imgur does not bring you into a photo album.  Also, PB has suddenly become an incredible resource hog.

But for some reason I had thought that Imgur did have a limit on the amount you upload.  But a quick search shows you are correct.  Wow.

It's too good.  Someone is going to come along, buy it and ruin it has happened to PB.
--
Tim

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 10:27:44 PM »
I started to try shifting to IMGUR a while back, but it's really wonky on Firefox (my browser of choice).  It doesn't indicate if/when something is successfully uploaded, is a pain to organize and locks up constantly.   :-I
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!