Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:10:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BoB Warlord China Game - How It's Done in Westralia  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: BoB Warlord China Game - How It's Done in Westralia
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 08:33:10 AM »
Inspirational stuff!  :-* :-*  Thanks for sharing.  As our Man on Guam said, this is what BoB is all about!  And cold beer......

Hopefully when second edition Setting the East Ablaze is released at Salute this year, you can convince a few on the neo-phytes.  Warhammer Great War.  Dear-oh-dear... ;)
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline ipushleadaround

• Student
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 01:13:10 AM »
Inspirational stuff!  :-* :-*  Thanks for sharing.  As our Man on Guam said, this is what BoB is all about!  And cold beer......

Hopefully when second edition Setting the East Ablaze is released at Salute this year, you can convince a few on the neo-phytes.  Warhammer Great War.  Dear-oh-dear... ;)

Thank you for the kind words and as for the cold beer...I mentioned that the game was played under local conditions :P

A second edition of StEA is absolutely brilliant news and I - along with many, many others I'm sure - eagerly await the day when it's available! Do you think there's any likelihood that we might ever see a second volume of scenarios set in the Russian Far East and China? How much cold beer would it take Ignatieff - you know that we're awash with it over here and an awful lot of it could be yours, if only you might be persuaded? ;)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 09:06:07 AM »
Hahahaha!

It's more than a possibility. My job over the past three years has meant that I've had no time for any writing. However that has changed as of Jan 1, so there is a schedule of work planned. The second scenario book is already written (in my head), so  I'm getting going post finishing the second edition rules, which should be ready to go to the printers this weekend. Thank you for your kind words!  Spread the word!

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2017, 11:06:21 PM »
Really love your terrain.
So well done,
Super painting on the figures also.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline ipushleadaround

• Student
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 01:35:22 PM »
Thank you very much to you Marine, as well as the rest of you on this forum, for your complimentary remarks.

At least some of the terrain you see in the photos is available for purchase. If you drop The Jammed Gatling a pm - he'll let you know what's available and how much it might cost.

Offline Captain Darling

• Mad Scientist
    • Captain Darlings Miniatures Emporium
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 10:01:59 PM »
Great looking game, nice figures and your terrain is inspiring! Thanks for posting!

PS I don't think I'd like to drive my car over that bridge the entry ramp to road connection looks daunting  :D...
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au
https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com.au

Offline clyde85

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 01:52:40 PM »
What a beautiful game!   :-*

Really great work done by all, and the commitment to the game is just flat out inspiring, flying all the way to Perth for a game, seriously, well done! Applause

As for use of TGW game, I find that very... encouraging. I like StEA, very in depth, solid mechanics, but it can be too much for some players, especially my fellow Yanks who were raised on a GW diet and little else when it comes to table top. If I want to play a game set in something OTHER than "Grimderp"(which is all the time) I find it's the only way I can get my regulars to play, familiar rules and all.

I haven't completely given up on broadening their horizons, but anything bigger than a D6 and they run for cover! lol