Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:08:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England): 12/10 Game shots  (Read 680687 times)

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Pretty intense action!  :o

So situation was saved, if only for time-being, by Aubrey... what happened in the after-action phase?

The luckiest man alive sits in South East London...

No major mishaps, and no deaths! Gloria now has a fear of blood, and has to take a resolve test when anyone (friend or foe) goes out fo action within 5", which is a pain, but much more preferable to death!

The famous Bert luck endures...

But will it last until Mason has sprung the final scenario of the Dossier? I have no idea what he's got up his voluminous sleeve, but I suspect it's nasty...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Excellent AAR my man! Captured the game with some nice literary flourishes. I like Aubrey impaling the construct's head!  :D

Cheers, mate.
I thought that you might like that bit!
 :D

Pretty intense action!  :o

So situation was saved, if only for time-being, by Aubrey... what happened in the after-action phase?

Thanks, Antti!
It certainly was intense, especially considering that Aubrey managed to defer one Construct appearing a couple of turns earlier!
One more turn and Aubrey would have been in a whole world of pain.
 ;)

LOONIES, & ZOMBIES, & FIENDS, OH MY! Thanks to Gloria's noble sacrifice & Aubrey's speed dialing Life as we know it shall continue...until the next Episode. GREAT REPORT!

Thanks, Al!
Until the Next Episode, indeed.
 ;)

The luckiest man alive sits in South East London...

No major mishaps, and no deaths! Gloria now has a fear of blood, and has to take a resolve test when anyone (friend or foe) goes out fo action within 5", which is a pain, but much more preferable to death!

The famous Bert luck endures...

It certainly does.
For the Injury rolls at least.
The minor Injuries are never too much of a problem but Major Injuries are a different matter entirely.

Gloria now has Hemaphobia, which should prove interesting...to say the least.
The other Major Injury received was on that hardened clergyman, Father deBetta.
That is one lucky chap indeed.
He seems to pick up a Major every game and keeps surviving.
Someone MUST be looking after him.
 ;)

The other bit of luck was with the Construct(s).
There was a BC rolled for two turns earlier, but Aubrey used his Luck Cigarette Case to change that roll of '6' to a '5'.
A fast Zombie is preferable to a monster!
If that Construct had been in play as well, I feel it would have been far too much for the Thames Valley team to handle.

But will it last until Mason has sprung the final scenario of the Dossier? I have no idea what he's got up his voluminous sleeve, but I suspect it's nasty...

We shall see, sir.
We shall see.

One thing you can be sure of is there will NOT be any Injury rolls to be made at the end of the game!
 ;)

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist

One thing you can be sure of is there will NOT be any Injury rolls to be made at the end of the game!
 ;)

No?? ???

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:012/06 Rolls Royce
« Reply #1743 on: June 12, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
No?? ???

No, mate.
Not for the final scenario.
It will all become clear when we play.
 ;)

I will get Scenario #5 posted up properly tomorrow, but until then, there were a few little somethings that needed finishing.
The cars.

I have had a few more civilian type vehicles sitting around for ages and, while waiting for the glue on my Mordheim Watch House to dry, I decided to finish another one off.

It is a 1907 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost, from the Models of Yesteryear range by Matchbox.
Seen here with Shotgun Bob, used car dealer to the Cult.

Hope you like it...

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:57:24 PM by Mason »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:12/06 New wheels.
« Reply #1744 on: June 12, 2013, 11:39:07 PM »
The Ghost (an appropriate name for a Cultist vehicle) is LOVELY...GREAT WORK!

For some reason or other, not overruling congenital idiocy, as I was typing "GREAT WORK!", I had an incredible urge to substitute "LOOK UPON MY WORKS, OH YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR"...all this Cultist stuff is having an effect...or not.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:012/06 Rolls Royce
« Reply #1745 on: June 13, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »
I have had a few more civilian type vehicles sitting around for ages and, while waiting for the glue on my Mordheim Watch House to dry, I decided to finish another one off.

Nice ride! ;)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:12/06 New wheels.
« Reply #1746 on: June 13, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »
The Ghost (an appropriate name for a Cultist vehicle) is LOVELY...GREAT WORK!

For some reason or other, not overruling congenital idiocy, as I was typing "GREAT WORK!", I had an incredible urge to substitute "LOOK UPON MY WORKS, OH YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR"...all this Cultist stuff is having an effect...or not.

lol lol
You nutter!
You always crack me up, Al.

Nice ride! ;)

Cheeky!

It looks like I wont get time to do the scenario write-up today, but here is another jam-jar that was finished late last night...

Shotgun Bob poses with his latest addition to the showroom...

A 1912 Packard Landaulet, (Matchbox Models of Yesteryear).

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Now that is one VERY CLASSY (Upper Classy I'd say) car. Its proximity even makes Bob look classy...Lower Classy, but classy nonetheless. VERY, VERY NICE!

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Beautifully rendered horseless carriages! I wonder which one is more speedy?
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Lovely wheels Paul!  8)

Could you perhaps once more make a quick run-down what kind of treatment you or shotgun wielding Bob the automobile dealer gives to those lovely vehicles?

Offline Just John

• Scientist
Lovely wheels Paul!  8)

Could you perhaps once more make a quick run-down what kind of treatment you or shotgun wielding Bob the automobile dealer gives to those lovely vehicles?

I second this motion!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Now that is one VERY CLASSY (Upper Classy I'd say) car. Its proximity even makes Bob look classy...Lower Classy, but classy nonetheless. VERY, VERY NICE!

Cheers, mate.
I liked that so much I changed the sub-title to 'Classy' new wheels.
 ;)

Beautifully rendered horseless carriages! I wonder which one is more speedy?

Thank you, sir!
I have no idea as they tend to sit around in a crashed position on our tabletop.

Lovely wheels Paul!  8)

I second this motion!

Thanks, chaps.
Not much to it really:

A few of you commented on the vehicles in the past, but I must confess that they are really easy to 'weather' using Modelmates liquids.
I picked them up at Salute last year (Soot Black is the best option, but I picked up Mud Brown as well for a little variety) and am really glad that I did.
All you have to do is paint it on the desired area, and dab it off with a damp bit of cotton wool until you are happy with whats left.
Just that and a little bit of drybrushing, Vallejo Flat Brown for the mud and black, then silver, for the chipped paintwork.
A little bit of brown/orange ink never does any harm to indicate a bit of rusting in small doses.
Dont overdo it, though, or it will look like a wreck.

Simples!

Pretty easy and quick.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:16:11 PM by Mason »

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Ah, Modelmates.... Have heard good things about that line over the last year or so. Can't find them here in Canada and a bit hesitant to order the products via the post, but you have me tempted now! o_o

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
I've got several 1:43 vehicles now for this and a post-apoc game I've got going, but I'm starting to look at that "Yesteryear" line and wonder if perhaps I should've standardized on the smaller scales....

UGH
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
I've got several 1:43 vehicles now for this and a post-apoc game I've got going, but I'm starting to look at that "Yesteryear" line and wonder if perhaps I should've standardized on the smaller scales....

UGH

To be perfectly honest, mate, I am not sure if the Yesteryear range is made to any 'scale'.
I suspect that they may be made to fit the box.

They work for me, while some prefer the smaller Llledo.
I am happy with them and that's the main thing as far as I am concerned.
 ;)

PM me with your address, Pete, and I will send you one so you can decide for yourself.