Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:46:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696870
  • Total Topics: 118797
  • Online Today: 530
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England): 12/10 Game shots  (Read 683843 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
You are developing a real knack for cliff hanging episodes...or you have latent sadistic tendencies. The former is more likely.

lol
I am glad that you think that.....

The latter can never be ruled out either...
 ;)

Whereas you know what YOU can do with that statement!
 ;D

Oh no! The situation does look very dire to agent side!  :'(

And things were about to get worse, too...

Oh, they were indeed!

More!  :o

We need more narrative!

Thanks for the encouragement, chaps!
I will try and get the rest posted up later.
 :D

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Can't wait!!!  8) ??? 8)

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist

Whereas you know what YOU can do with that statement!

Possibly sideways?  :D

(Great AAR as usual, mate ;))

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Can't wait!!!  8) ??? 8)

Sorry for the delay, sir.

Possibly sideways?  :D

You get the idea.

Sorry for the delay, chaps, real life is getting in the way again.

Back to the AAR........

We left it where the Zombie horde had managed to force their way through the door of the large building and on to the street.
Aubrey had been taken down and things were starting to look pretty dire for the team.

Randy, the allied Threshold Agent with the Tommy Gun took over and used his Leiutenant skill to activate Aubrey and get him back onto his feet and back into action.
He then levelled his Thompson at the horde pressing through the door, taking one Zed down before it Jammed.
Two Thompson's were being fielded by the team and both were now out of action.

Could it get any worse?

The simple answer to that was: Yes!

The Affected surged forward, overwhelming Randy and dragging him screaming to the ground, thus causing Gloria to fall back in panic.

With Randy out of the game and a near-hysterical Gloria still toting a Jammed Thompson things were getting worse by the minute.

The forces of His Majesty were starting to feel the pressure.

Aubrey decided to take matters into his own hands and surged into the horde wielding his trusty sword stick, felling two more of the undead creatures.
Unfortunately for the team, one of the shambling corpses, a former smartly-dressed bank manager, had eluded him and now lunged forward and grabbed Patrick the Postal-worker, who was distracted by the struggling Mad Scientist in his charge, around the throat, causing him to collapse to the ground choking.
Not content with felling the Postie, the foul-smelling, but sharply dressed, creature assaulted Father deBetta in the phone box and smashed his face repeated into the window frame whilst trying to drag him into his gaping maw.

The clergyman collapsed to the ground, his face a bleeding, badly torn mess.

Half the team were down and things wre looking bad!
Really bad!!

Aubrey turned his attentions to the marauding former bank manager and beheaded the creature, ordering Remington, the shotgun wieding Threshold Agent to take charge of Dr Hugh Jarse and take him into the phone box and continue the call.
Vital time had been lost and time was running out.

The forces of the Crown may well have finally gained control of the area around the Telephone Box, but the other Mad Scientist who was controlling the horde had not been idle.

Selecting his favourite serum he injected it into his favourite Zombie, a rather fashionably dressed corpse at that...

Upon injecting this serum, the former attractive, but dead, young lady began to spasm uncontrollably, forcing the Mad Scientist to leap back out of reach as it expanded and thrashed it arms in rage.

The serum was a good 'un, the Doctor had created a Blasphemous Construct!

Another problem for the team to deal with.
They may have dealt with the rest of the horde, but this baby was a different kettle of fish entirely.
Half the team was down, including one of their Thompson's.
Things were looking dicey.

Could they cope with this Beast....?

Back later with the next installment...

Offline Diplomatist

• Scientist
Oo-er...  :o

Just love your AARs!   :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
YET ANOTHER Thrilling Tale to be continued...this style of narration would also work well with a Pulp Fiction setting. Cliff hangers do leave moi with something to look forward to on the manana.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Here are a few more views of the picturesque village before the Agents came to town...

You may have mentioned this somewhere up-thread and I've forgotten or missed it, but I just noticed how you use a black cloth with a 2'x3' hole cut in it to frame the gaming area, and run roads and other low scenic pieces under that to produce the nice angled effect other people have already commented on.

That's genius, and produces a very nice finished effect - better than random bits of road and such sticking off the edges of a 2x3 mat!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Oo-er...  :o

Just love your AARs!   :D

Thanks, Diplomatist!
Glad you like 'em.

YET ANOTHER Thrilling Tale to be continued...this style of narration would also work well with a Pulp Fiction setting. Cliff hangers do leave moi with something to look forward to on the manana.

This one is going on a little, but I find any really lengthy post difficult to manage and prefer to have two more coherent ones than a single post that becomes a mess.
Most people seem to prefer the 'to be continued' aspect. so that is a bonus that I have lucked into.
 ;)

You may have mentioned this somewhere up-thread and I've forgotten or missed it, but I just noticed how you use a black cloth with a 2'x3' hole cut in it to frame the gaming area, and run roads and other low scenic pieces under that to produce the nice angled effect other people have already commented on.

That's genius, and produces a very nice finished effect - better than random bits of road and such sticking off the edges of a 2x3 mat!

Thanks, Wirelizard.
It does create some rather strange photos dependant on the angle the picture is taken at, though.
 ::)

Hoping to get the final part of the AAR up later...

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist

This one is going on a little, but I find any really lengthy post difficult to manage and prefer to have two more coherent ones than a single post that becomes a mess.
Most people seem to prefer the 'to be continued' aspect. so that is a bonus that I have lucked into.
 ;)

Mate, don't apologise! Your AARs are fantastic, and the sense of suspense just adds to it! I actually think they are better in broken down pieces, you really are choosing the best points of the game to call breaks in and the cliffhangers are superb :D. I played this scenario - and even I'm half wondering what's gonna happen next! Superb work, Mr Mason, well done. Quite aside from playing the games themselves, which are a lot of fun, I always look forward to your sterling work on the AARs. Keep up the good work! 8)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I agree with Bert. The serialized stories have a breathless air of suspense to them. Reading them in the early morning, clutching my first cup of coffee, the brevity of the reports is a real plus.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Bert and Al: Thanks for the encouragement, chaps.
It is much appreciated.
 :)

Right, back to the story......

Things were looking rather grim for the Agents of the Crown.

Half of the team were out of action and a Blasphemous Construct had chosen this moment to appear in this quiet corner of Oxfordshire.
Not the sort of timing that Aubrey was looking for.

It was certainly looking like a tough time to be an employee of the Ministry!

The Mad Scientist stood back and waited for the monstrosity to stop thrashing about, its manically flailing limbs destroying everything they touched.

Once it's initial violent spasm was over, the beast was sent towards the Agency team.
Dr Hugh Jarse did still needed rescuing after all.

As the monster approached them, Aubrey and Gloria braced themselves for its charge, Aubrey taking the forward position ready to intercept its attentions.

For some strange and bewildering reason the Construct paused in its advance.
Seizing this unexpected opportunity, they both let fly with everything they had.

They must have loaded the lucky ammo, as not only did it fail to follow its orders and charge the Ministry Agents (rolling a '1' meant one of its actions was wasted as it stood around confused and therefore failed to get into contact this turn, but Gloria managed to take it down to its final wound with some seriously lucky shooting!

They had managed to hurt the creature.
Seriously hurt it.
Aubrey stepped forward, sword stick poised, ready to confront the angered beast...

To be continued.......

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:48:19 PM by Mason »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Sorry about that, that break was unavoidable, I am afraid, and certainly not intentional.

Aubrey stepped forward, braced for the charge of the immense, unnatural creature.

Steeling himself to face his possible doom, Aubrey went wading in, managing to avoid the crushing blows of his adversary.

Deftly manouvering himself into a position where he could use the massive strength of the creature against it, he extended the sword stick at full stretch and guided the head of the creature onto it.

With a sickening feeling of suction, the blade slid all the way into the target's head, piercing the tiny remnant of brain in its cranium.
The beast crashed to the floor.
Dead!

Aubrey and Gloria both simply stared at each other, unable to believe that, between them, they had felled the nightmarish beast...

Aubrey was soon recalled to the immediate situation around him as the screeching of an insane mind was heard from the direction of the Telephone Box.

The Maniac that had been skulking behind them had revealed itself and was running screaming towards Remington, who cooly levelled his Shotgun and pulled the trigger.

Unfortunately for Remington, the hole that he had blasted in its chest was not enough to fell the loony  and she crushed the side of his head with her meat cleaver.

It fell to Aubrey, yet again, to give his team a fighting chance, by engaging the wounded crazy woman, and putting her out of her misery.

It was now down to just Aubrey himself and Gloria.

Grabbing the resisting Dr Jarse by the scruff of the neck, he threw him into the phone box and grabbed the receiver.
The final details would have to be made by himself while Gloria held off the enemy that was closing in.

As Aubrey finished the call, making sure of the intended collection point, Gloria was fighting for her life, as she was attacked by a Zombie and another Maniac.

Unfortunately, this last attack proved too much for the brave Miss Stitts and she fell to the combined assault.

On the other hand her sacrifice had bought Aubrey just enough time to finish the call.
The collection could now go ahead......

.....but how many of the team would be alive to attempt it?

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Excellent AAR my man! Captured the game with some nice literary flourishes. I like Aubrey impaling the construct's head!  :D

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Pretty intense action!  :o

So situation was saved, if only for time-being, by Aubrey... what happened in the after-action phase?

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
LOONIES, & ZOMBIES, & FIENDS, OH MY! Thanks to Gloria's noble sacrifice & Aubrey's speed dialing Life as we know it shall continue...until the next Episode. GREAT REPORT!