Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693112
  • Total Topics: 118514
  • Online Today: 696
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Maxxev's Fantasy Warbands  (Read 93706 times)

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Re: Fantasy Warbands SKAVEN (well 1 of them anyway)
« Reply #270 on: September 03, 2013, 07:48:52 AM »
Pretty sure it's the old metal hero with plastic blackskaven parts (head and hands) and different staff...

Yep, all correct.

FYI I list all parts used in conversion on my blog (which you can find in my sig, but on this forum sigs only show on the first post on a page).

Cheers

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #271 on: September 03, 2013, 08:21:41 AM »
...which is quite handy considering you just started a new one  lol

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #272 on: September 09, 2013, 07:22:48 AM »
I can't believe I missed this thread before - absolutely wonderful conversions and paint jobs. I have bookmarked your blog for more leisurely reading.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2013, 07:18:50 PM »
Finished the Tree Sheperd (that was until I spotted one green foot) sigh....

More angles on the blog as usual, been very quiet recently, the house is getting priority over hobbytime, sorry.

Online Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: MODheim Warbands 08/06/12: Fishman hero
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »
And another quick one, this time a Terrortoise gets some paint!

I doubt anyone would have expected this paint job, right?

I can't believe you didn't call them Terror-pins.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline moonshado

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2013, 08:00:35 PM »
Damn, I seem to be developing a knack of only finding the really good threads when they get into their high teens. I've just read back 18 and a bit pages, enjoyed every line  and photo of it. Some superb work. At the moment my favourites are the fish folk and the dryads. Do you ever get time to play a game?

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »
Damn, I seem to be developing a knack of only finding the really good threads when they get into their high teens. I've just read back 18 and a bit pages, enjoyed every line  and photo of it. Some superb work. At the moment my favourites are the fish folk and the dryads. Do you ever get time to play a game?

lol it's a pain when that happens isn't it, I gave up on the "your best conversion" thread on DakkaDakka, it's over 170 pages long lol (plus most of it is 40k and that doesn't hold my interest much lol).

Thank you, I have plenty of time to play games (or I did have at least) but having the group to play them with is where i'm struggling, don't get me wrong i'm going to a local club and they are a nice bunch of guys but they play thier games (mostly 40k and Warhammer fantasy / kings of war) and I play board games with the other people fed up with 40k, a different game almost every week, and i'm enjoying that.... But it would be nice to play some skirmish wargames once in a while lol.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2013, 02:54:45 AM »
lol it's a pain when that happens isn't it, I gave up on the "your best conversion" thread on DakkaDakka, it's over 170 pages long lol (plus most of it is 40k and that doesn't hold my interest much lol).
But i likes 170+ pages of "your best conversion" thread on DakkaDakka when i know where to look. ::hinthint::

But back on thread track. Maxxev, always love your work. The Tree Shepard is looking good. I still looking to see mroe dwarves though. Always love the dwarves the most.  ;-)

Grimm

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2013, 08:14:48 AM »
But i likes 170+ pages of "your best conversion" thread on DakkaDakka when i know where to look. ::hinthint::

But back on thread track. Maxxev, always love your work. The Tree Shepard is looking good. I still looking to see mroe dwarves though. Always love the dwarves the most.  ;-)

Grimm

OK well if you have the time to go through the thread, I just started on page 150 or something I think lol: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/233422.page

Sorry to dissapoint but the dwarf warband is done, a full 12 members, the max you can have in mordheim... though there may be a hired sword or two one day.

I did finish the last one yesterday, though he probably looks no different to the last photos of him he's had a couple more highlights.

I do have some warhammer fantasy dwarves on my desk including 2 from the oathsworn kickstarter, but they've been there for a while now lol no progress so far.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
I must have missed the previous photos of the Vertically Challenged Psycho; he turned out WONDERFULLY. The battle scars, striking hair color, & striped pants are the highlights for moi in a VERY WELL DONE piece. GREAT WORK!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #280 on: October 09, 2013, 03:42:15 AM »
OK well if you have the time to go through the thread, I just started on page 150 or something I think lol: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/233422.page
Oh yeah. I Know this thread. I have been through it and then some.

Sorry to disappoint but the dwarf warband is done, a full 12 members, the max you can have in Mordheim... though there may be a hired sword or two one day.
Oh i dont think so mister. You need to make replacement models and alternate weapon load out models. Get to steppin.  :-)

And though i am behind on my reading, pg 63 No Quarter 49. I want to see a mockup model of it by the end of next week.  :-)

I did finish the last one yesterday, though he probably looks no different to the last photos of him he's had a couple more highlights.
The first two pics of this model, which is sweet looking by the way, looks like it would have been bigger than a dwarf model. Is this a standard sized dwarf model from the GW range?

I do have some warhammer fantasy dwarves on my desk including 2 from the oathsworn kickstarter, but they've been there for a while now lol no progress so far.
Read the comment above about page 63. :-)

Always love your work.

Grimm
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:07:43 AM by Grimmnar »

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2013, 06:31:16 PM »
Slight problem.... I don't buy the no quarter magazine lol.

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Re: Fantasy Warbands Replaced my ghouls
« Reply #282 on: November 20, 2013, 09:13:53 PM »
So I decided that my Ghouls looked too similar to my Zombies (not helped by the use of Ghoul parts in my zombies lol).

I picked some replacement figures, did a bit of GS work to remove some humped-backs and painted them up:
Much happier now :)

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2013, 03:29:32 AM »
So I decided that my Ghouls looked too similar to my Zombies (not helped by the use of Ghoul parts in my zombies lol).

I picked some replacement figures, did a bit of GS work to remove some humped-backs and painted them up:
Much happier now :)

Nice! I'm using these for ghouls as well, for my 25mm D&D collection. I've started cutting down some ears and extending some of the necks. They're really nicely sized for 26mm and good ghouls in that scale are hard to come by.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #284 on: November 21, 2013, 06:17:06 AM »
Very nice idea. Perfect fit for ghouls.