Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range  (Read 396572 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range
« Reply #3165 on: August 23, 2021, 09:56:46 AM »
Not an exact ETA but there will obviously be a swathe - torrent - tranche - or what ever the latest marketing word is for more in the not too distant future. lol lol lol lol
  lol lol lol lol lol lol
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline mjkerner

• Bookworm
« Reply #3166 on: August 23, 2021, 03:48:22 PM »
Not an exact ETA but there will obviously be a swathe - torrent - tranche - or what ever the latest marketing word is for more in the not too distant future. lol lol lol lol

Hmmmm, diabolical laughter. You got any sharks with friggin’ lasers, by chance?
I better grab my poncho before the - deluge!

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3167 on: August 24, 2021, 08:37:35 AM »
Moi?

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #3168 on: August 24, 2021, 09:20:17 PM »
 lol

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #3169 on: September 03, 2021, 05:35:29 PM »
Got a platoon of US boys, and a platoon of NVA chaps, in the mail today from Age of Glory here in the States.  These guys look good in photos, but are simply way cool in the flesh (pewter...?).  Now it's on to sorting into units and prepping and painting.  I'll post piccies as I get units done.... 
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3170 on: September 06, 2021, 09:39:17 AM »
Got a platoon of US boys, and a platoon of NVA chaps, in the mail today from Age of Glory here in the States.  These guys look good in photos, but are simply way cool in the flesh (pewter...?).  Now it's on to sorting into units and prepping and painting.  I'll post piccies as I get units done....

Excellent. Have fun  ;)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #3171 on: September 09, 2021, 05:16:03 PM »

lol

Those mould makers must be working overtime at the moment given the pace of recent releases (not forgetting all of your other ranges).

Out of interest did you have an endgame in mind when you launched the range or is it fair to say that it is expanding in much the same way your own personal projects tend to ?  ;) :D

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3172 on: September 10, 2021, 08:47:14 AM »
lol

Those mould makers must be working overtime at the moment given the pace of recent releases (not forgetting all of your other ranges).

Out of interest did you have an endgame in mind when you launched the range or is it fair to say that it is expanding in much the same way your own personal projects tend to ?  ;) :D

No end game only a very rough range plan which sculptors etc cannot keep up with so I have to calm down a lot.  lol TBH the range has developed in certain areas that were not planned but is behind in areas that were. eg ARVN are about 18 months behind but there has been a huge amount of other releases that were planned for further down the line so all good.

The range will continue to develop although we do have to share the love to other ranges as well and that slows things down a lot but that's pretty normal for things. No plan survives first release  ;) In the meantime I am constantly researching new areas of the range which can take time, as well as working on BOHICA which of course does link into the range significantly and is in itself a useful tool to develop the range. Therefore the range is based upon playing all facets of the conflict, both US and French parts. Plus I am researching other periods at the same time. I need some Minions to do my bidding  :)

The one thing that I do find fascinating is how many other companies have jumped into the period without actually researching anything or doing the commercial maths. Its actually a niche period with little commercial depth so huge investment is a gamble. We have obviously led the charge on this period in the last few years but we will be moving into something far bigger commercially very soon but this will not stop the development of the range over the coming years. As I have always said "no Empress range ever really finishes as things will always be added to them".

For example we are still adding to our AZW range which is where we started and we have some more for that in the near future. I appreciate that does not fit with the current wargames trend of 'this years/ months/ weeks colour is black' but I come from the old days of wargames collector mentality and have collected my own personal periods for over 50 years and am not just in this game for the money. If I was I would have been better doing dolls house furniture, Space Marines or Goblins.  lol 

In short stay tuned.  :)

Online has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3173 on: September 10, 2021, 08:57:01 AM »
For example we are still adding to our AZW range which is where we started and we have some more for that in the near future. I appreciate that does not fit with the current wargames trend of 'this years/ months/ weeks colour is black' but I come from the old days of wargames collector mentality and have collected my own personal periods for over 50 years and am not just in this game for the money. If I was I would have been better doing dolls house furniture, Space Marines or Goblins.  lol

In short stay tuned.  :)

Keep the faith! :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3174 on: September 10, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »

For example we are still adding to our AZW range which is where we started and we have some more for that in the near future. I appreciate that does not fit with the current wargames trend of 'this years/ months/ weeks colour is black' but I come from the old days of wargames collector mentality and have collected my own personal periods for over 50 years and am not just in this game for the money. If I was I would have been better doing dolls house furniture, Space Marines or Goblins

I, for one,  look forward to the forthcoming Space Goblin Dollies' Tea Party range. It should be fairly niche but then there is a potential crossover market to consider. To maximise play fun I would urge you to go down the old Timpo cowboys route of swappable torsos, limbs and heads for maximum mash-up value.  :D
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio năo tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeăo mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3175 on: September 10, 2021, 09:31:15 AM »
I, for one,  look forward to the forthcoming Space Goblin Dollies' Tea Party range. It should be fairly niche but then there is a potential crossover market to consider. To maximise play fun I would urge you to go down the old Timpo cowboys route of swappable torsos, limbs and heads for maximum mash-up value.  :D

I really think that Timpo do not get as much credit as they should. Lot of my pocket money went on their stuff.  :-*
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:36:32 AM by Paul @ Empress Miniatures »

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3176 on: September 10, 2021, 09:35:56 AM »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3177 on: September 10, 2021, 10:25:49 AM »
  We have obviously led the charge on this period in the last few years but we will be moving into something far bigger commercially very soon but this will not stop the development of the range over the coming years. As I have always said "no Empress range ever really finishes as things will always be added to them".

Oh Lord I don't know if my bank account can handle another big range from you guys.  lol
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3178 on: September 10, 2021, 10:31:41 AM »
Oh Lord I don't know if my bank account can handle another big range from you guys.  lol

Its not exactly a new range just more concentration on it.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3179 on: September 10, 2021, 10:35:32 AM »
Its not exactly a new range just more concentration on it.

Good to hear, wife would kill me if I started buying books to do research on a new war/miniature line. :D