Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:00:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1729908 times)

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #7995 on: February 11, 2018, 10:29:46 PM »
Missed them the first time around. Hopefully they will be "affordable", as in, not the 15 pounds they ask for a single stadard character these days.
Leadhead

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #7996 on: February 11, 2018, 10:54:26 PM »
Maybe it's just the painjobs but damn those are some faces.

Trust me; it's the paintjobs...

I've got Mad Donna and the face is way better IRL than that picture suggests. In fact, even the original 'official'  painted picture already was heaps better.

Why they downgraded is anybody's guess...  ???
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:56:35 PM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7997 on: February 12, 2018, 02:48:18 AM »
Just seen a picture of the Knight of shades next to a primaris and a spirit host. Its a big figure, much bigger than the promo pictures make it look. Also looking at the costs for running the new characters in skirmish fans, you'd be starting with 3-5 man warbands, which could be fun.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7998 on: February 12, 2018, 07:19:10 AM »
Sigh. I'd really like mad Donna but looking at the prices of the malign portents set I don't think I'll give it a go. $65 for a single mini, $260 for four. I wouldn't pay $65 for all four of them. So I think mad Donna will be at least $50. I may as well pay ebay scalper prices.

Offline MagpieJono

• Scientist
« Reply #7999 on: February 12, 2018, 02:56:15 PM »
Who's the man in tattered clothing stood behind Kal?

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #8000 on: February 12, 2018, 04:15:22 PM »
Who's the man in tattered clothing stood behind Kal?

I thought he is called Scabs, Kal his  sidekick.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8001 on: February 16, 2018, 10:21:00 AM »

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #8002 on: February 16, 2018, 10:30:53 AM »
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/14/the-slayer-returns/ I'm not sure how to feel about this...

I get the impression a few people have got their knickers in a twist over this. I don't know enough about them to really care but if it means a couple of nice models get released later on that could be good, unless they end up being shonky Forge World sculpts.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8003 on: February 16, 2018, 07:50:18 PM »
games workshop just released this teaser .
The only thing they've said on facebook is "Glub Glub."

I REALLY hope this is manowar/dreadfleet and not the fishmen that were rumoured .
I'd also be very happy for it to be ghost pirates or anything other than fish people.
And bigger me that ship in the video looks nice.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #8004 on: February 16, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »
I'd be surprised if they're going the Manowar route. Seems a few people have had the undead pirates/wraith fleet suspicions for a little while. No idea where the initial suggestion for that came from but maybe this is it. Totally new undead straight after a battletomb release though would seem a little odd.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8005 on: February 16, 2018, 08:25:56 PM »
I'd be surprised if they're going the Manowar route. Seems a few people have had the undead pirates/wraith fleet suspicions for a little while. No idea where the initial suggestion for that came from but maybe this is it. Totally new undead straight after a battletomb release though would seem a little odd.

It was sort of a joke that too many people took seriously.
Almost all the rumour engine pics that people assumed were fish men have now been released as something else.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #8006 on: February 16, 2018, 08:32:13 PM »
It was sort of a joke that too many people took seriously.
Almost all the rumour engine pics that people assumed were fish men have now been released as something else.

I've heard the fishmen 'joke' quite a bit. It gets rolled out on most AoS FB page comments probably by the same guy who thinks he's being more hilarious than the 'it's more Stormcast' guy.

Over on the TGA community:

The guy (temouloun) that told us about Custodes and TS in november and about DoK has spoken:

This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to bad-ass Atlantean Spartans.

Who knows?  o_o

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8007 on: February 16, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »
I think it's pretty safe to say it won't be a new Man O'War/Dreadfleet --- that was a collossal failure and the cause for them abandoning boxed games for quite some time (with the exception of the always-easy-to-sell-Space-Hulk).  There are still hobby shops with Dreadfleet boxed games available and that was a limited one time print of the game.  Probably the biggest flop in a long time for GW.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #8008 on: February 16, 2018, 09:31:21 PM »
Awww now I really want it to be Fishmen :D :-*

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #8009 on: February 16, 2018, 10:36:22 PM »
I think it's pretty safe to say it won't be a new Man O'War/Dreadfleet --- that was a collossal failure and the cause for them abandoning boxed games for quite some time (with the exception of the always-easy-to-sell-Space-Hulk).  There are still hobby shops with Dreadfleet boxed games available and that was a limited one time print of the game.  Probably the biggest flop in a long time for GW.

I wouldn't rule out a return to Man O'War at some point in the future (with an AoS twist of course) if GW thinks it would sell but I don't think anyone should hold their breath. Dreadfleet not being Man O'War was one issue that game had. I didn't recall it being so long until the next boxed release but yeah, 4 years until Assassinorum Execution Force came along and that was a much safer, cheaper release (in production terms). I'm not sure we're going to see anymore stand alone boxed games now though. The piecemeal release schedules of Blood Bowl, Shadespire and Necromunda look to be the new model.