Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:43:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693822
  • Total Topics: 118557
  • Online Today: 835
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Terminator now only £10 with Warlord Games  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
Re: Terminator now only £10 with Warlord Games
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »
Darn, for a tenner, I would have bought this. Even though I was a little bit underwhelmed of the minis and the lack of support, but it seems many other people have thought the same...
River Horse did quite a comprehensive range of support minis with pretty good options for most of the stuff you see in Terminator Genisys. Only the big vehicles are missing.

http://riverhorse.eu/shop1/

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 11:20:08 PM »
I bought mine at xmas when it was £20 down from £50.....I always intended to sell it on so it's still in it's box.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Kamandi

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 07:31:56 AM »
I got the expected reply - sold out. Pretty poor practice to send out a sale offer for a product when you can't honor it.
Mind you I saw this thread last week, checked, and knew they were sold out. I just find it objectionable they were still sending out advertising (this Tuesday) with the 10GBP price when they had none to sell.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:28:41 AM by Kamandi »
"Something had happened in the dim past...! A natural disaster coupled with Radiation! The people in the bunkers lived out their lives and died dreaming of a day of return---The radiation would be gone---and the world would be left waiting---"

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 01:49:51 PM »
Well, without the 'limited amounts' at the top of the page, in screaming letters.

Heck, for $15USD, I'd have picked up a game just being the compleatest I am.

Hell, more like miniatures with free game pieces and rules.

Doug

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 05:51:48 PM »
That looks like the version with just the quickstart rules pamphlet and not the full rules book.

Bah, didn't realise it was different, still a bargain for that price though.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
That looks like the version with just the quickstart rules pamphlet and not the full rules book.

That's the version that was going for £10.  The full-rulebook game was £20 before Christmas and has been £35 since then.

OK, I get that a lot of people never even had a chance to buy it.  At £10, there's the thrill of a massive bargain, and you would buy it without a second thought.  But 80%-off sales are clearances, and it was bound to sell out quickly.

I bought mine for £20 before Christmas on the pretty clear understanding that the game wan't selling and was likely to vanish at any minute.  The price came down quickly after release, and it's been in several sales over the past year.  

A couple of the eBayers are chancers, but when I checked,  many of them were selling it it at a small profit - £16-£25.  I can't imagine they're eyeing up plastic surgery for a new trophy wife on the back of selling a couple of copies.  

If you think the figures are worth £15, I'd say the rulebook is definitely worth £20, so maybe consider the full-rulebook game at £35.  If you don't think the figures were worth it, you can play the game for nothing using the free reference downloads on Warlord's site.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 06:01:50 PM »
While I have only played a few games of Terminator to get to know the rules. I rather like them. To bad that the game was just placed in a quiet corner to die by Warlord.

The plastic resistance fighters are quite terrible. But I like the terminators. I think they have gotten some really bad publicity. I think the somewhat static look fits with killer robots. They are not suposed to be dynamic.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »
Bah, didn't realise it was different, still a bargain for that price though.

No, you're correct - it's the same game, Terminator Genisys: Battle for the Future.  The rule book is only in the £35 War against the Machines version; otherwise the sets are identical (you may still get a metal John Connor in the rulebook game).  So a great find - £11 is still damn good!

Beefcake - postage to NZ is £14 if you want me to pick you up a copy (International Airmail, untracked small parcel).

Anyone else - £13 postage to the States.

Edit:  plus another £2.50 to ship to me in the first place!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:55:36 PM by Momotaro »

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 11:10:12 PM »
My box arrived today, really happy with the set. Great value, even the dice alone! I think I will buy a couple more sets just for larger battles. Shame the game didn't take off!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 12:07:24 AM »
No, you're correct - it's the same game, Terminator Genisys: Battle for the Future.  The rule book is only in the £35 War against the Machines version; otherwise the sets are identical (you may still get a metal John Connor in the rulebook game).  So a great find - £11 is still damn good!

Beefcake - postage to NZ is £14 if you want me to pick you up a copy (International Airmail, untracked small parcel).

Anyone else - £13 postage to the States.

Edit:  plus another £2.50 to ship to me in the first place!

You're a gent. I think I'll pass though. Thanks :)

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 02:09:10 PM »
You're a gent. I think I'll pass though. Thanks :)

No worries K, international postage has gone kind of mad these days :(

Cheers,

Derek

Offline VSF Gamer

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 04:24:28 PM »
I went to the Warlord site and just ordered. Didn't say anything about being sold out. Would only let me buy one through.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »
Northstar have a couple of packs of metals on sale in their bargain bin for those tempted by more of the range.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 02:01:17 PM »
Northstar have a couple of packs of metals on sale in their bargain bin for those tempted by more of the range.

I am, bought a few! Thank you! Disappointed the special Endos weren't up for grabs though :(

BuySend now has the basic box at around the £8 mark so I bought a couple more to convert things. Making T-1000s should be a piece of cake.

I really like the rules for the game. I'm looking forward to having a go.

From these mega sales it's obvious the game has been canned, but has there been an official announcement somewhere saying as much?

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »

Great thanks!

I got the big box for £15 a while ago and bought some of the metals at the time. Now I've managed to add a few more.