Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 88526 times)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Sigur in Space! - Sisters of Battle, Eldar, Infinity, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #420 on: October 14, 2021, 10:22:11 AM »
amazing ...

and those big guys ... wow

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #421 on: October 14, 2021, 05:19:34 PM »
Wow!....just....Wow! :-* :-* :-*

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #422 on: October 14, 2021, 06:10:25 PM »
@aliensurfer:  :)

@gamer Mac: Thanks, Sir!

@Codsticker: :D Cheers! They're all Exarchs too, hence the slightly different markings.

@Bloggard: Thank you! Yes indeed. And those big boys are proper big. Remember when Wraitlords/Eldar Dreadnoughts were proper proper tall figures? These here are twice or thrice their height. Craziness.

@Andym: Cheers. :)

Swept away by the prettiness of the pictures I once more tackled updating my operating system. I managed to do that even, and the damage is somewhat within reason. For the past weeks I've been knee-deep in Tabletop World buildings. I'll put pictures of those over in a separate thread.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #423 on: October 14, 2021, 07:00:03 PM »
The anodized muzzle effect on the Cobra canon is absolutely nuts.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #424 on: October 22, 2021, 10:34:54 AM »
@FramFramson: Thanks very much! This huge barrel with the slightly swollen end (steady...) reminded me a lot of older Eldar superheavies by Armorcast. So the choice was to either go with that anodized look or a 2nd edition style flame pattern, because I had to do something with the big end. Since the latter wasn't a real option I went for the former.

Offline Ajax

• Scientist
« Reply #425 on: October 22, 2021, 03:06:55 PM »
Incredible work...

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #426 on: April 28, 2022, 01:34:07 AM »
@Ajax: Thanks very much!

Well, here I am again! Haven't posted in here for so long, I actually forgot I had a handy catch-all sci-fi thread. So I made a separate thread for the Space Wolves army I just finished:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=135479.15

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_04/as2schrift.jpg.39e5567fbb45a3d7a203a922e2067e90.jpg

...and for the Blade Runner stuff:
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=135237.msg1717081#msg1717081]]https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=135237.msg1717081#msg1717081

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_02/IMG_1564neuschrift.JPG.8894c6eb23b36ff1ad3aeb4d0e149e44.JPG

Aaaanyway, back to the here and now. I'm sure you remember the big, big Orks army I painted between 2017 and 2020. In 2021 I got to add the first three vehicles (Scrapjets). But look at that number of boyz:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2020_04/873747261_as1ghazschrift.jpg.8c4f5a2806c7abe5bd7cc3bf9d68c27a.jpg

They need more than three vehicles. Speaking of which - could it be that I never posted the scrapjets from spring last year?

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_04/as1shoop.jpg.34873bc4ea2a182daa92f6cdb9391fbc.jpg

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_04/as3.jpg.7263b3a0c113a453dacdc0ac2458ff36.jpg

So yeah, that's them, but that's not enough, so I have to get as many more as possible done until Pentecost.

Here's the ones I got on the desk now (in fact I got them ALL on the desk right now, and it's a huge mess, but these here are the ones I'm trying to get done first):

A good, old-fashioned WIP shot. Just like in the olden days. :) Speaking of which, that Warboss on bike I painted over 10 years ago already, for an Evil Sunz army:

That was a fun army. :) Anyway, lots of painting to do. The base colours are on so far, but that only means that the actual work can start now. :D

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #427 on: April 28, 2022, 03:37:12 PM »
That's one **** load of Orks! If you use them all at once it'll be an all day game, at least  ;D
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Wow, extraordinary and inspiring work in work on both the space wolves and Orks. Makes me want to get my Orks out after all those years and get painting.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
@Matakakea: It sure is! :D I'd love to see that whole horde in action at some point. It probably won't be the case, but so far I sometimes ran into figures I painted and never thought I'd see them again, so never say never.

Heyhey, here's another WIP shot of those first few vehicles:

Slowly but surely getting there. Next big step will be the crews.

Hope you like them so far!

In other news, I went on a little trip the past Friday. There's an excellent wargames store in the general vicinity of Salzburg, called Silent Night Games. It's located in Oberndorf, the town in which Silent Night, Holy Night was first played in 1818. Pretty much everything in that town is "Silent Night [something]", and we like it that way. Anyway, the games store is excellent, run by an excellent wargaming veteran who also organized the events over there. The shop is a bit of a hub for the wargaming scene in Western Austria as well as South-Eastern Bavaria, and I happened to have quite a lot of finished figures for people who meet at that store I decided to make a day out of it, drive over and deliver the figures in person.  It's a 3.5 hours drive back and forth (American friends will laugh at the tiny distance) each, but oh well. I also hadn't met the guys in over 2 years (in some cases even longer) due to the pandemic, and I hadn't travelled any such distance over the past 2 years either, so off I went.

It was exeedingly nice. When I'm over there for wargaming events I usually stay over night, but since I just delivered some figures I wanted to make the drive there and back home in one day, so I just stayed in the store for a few hours to chat and watch a game of Kugelhagel. I really enjoyed chatting about all those small figure manufacturers we all love so much and how their figures compare, look at the two players' collections and talk about esoteric Napoleonic formations (first time I saw the légion irlandaise in action. Or Wurttembergers). Also had chats about the brilliance of 2nd edition 40k colours schemes, the correct hair colour of Ragnar Blackmane and Eldar on the whole. Good stuff. Felt knackered when I got home way past midnight, but on the way home whilst driving through Vienna I passed a house with excessive christmas decoration. So there's that. I kinda miss seeing wargamers doing wargamey things. Not that I don't play at all, we just had a really interesting multi-player game of Sharp Practice the other week, but it's nice to see other things for a change as well.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
Shades of Gorkamorka, those vehicles all look incredible. Not like that's any big revelation to anybody who has seen the quality of your Zen painting skills. Your brush fu is over the top, if anyone deserves the title of Master it is most definitely you. All your brush touches turns to gold (and a ton of other colors too.) Thanks as always for sharing and always looking forward to the next bit of eye candy you grace us with.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
@diehard: Oh, thanks very much. :) That's the thing - getting into Gorkamorka is probably easier now than ever before. Let's just hope GW don't notice that and do something to "reimagine" Gorkamorka.

Heyhey, sorry for the long silence. I've been sick as a hound the past few days. Really annoying cough and all the other things as well. It's not the 'rona though, so that's good, eh? Anyway, I'm getting better now, which means: back to the painting desk.

For the Deffkilla Wartrike I had an idea which amused me, so I spent a long time trying to fit all those bloody letters onto the driver's back. Turns out that it's barely-to-not visible once the model is all put together. Oh well, still time well spent, because the model makes me giggle now. :D

More meaningful updates soon, I hope!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
 lol lol lol

WORTH IT

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Very nice :-*
And I recently did the same thing,I feel your pain (it was a Tamiya 1/48 VW).
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Great job lol lol lol