Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686579
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 87109 times)

Online Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: Sigur in Space! - Dark Imperium, Harlequins, Orks, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »
Right, my grass tufts have arrived and I finished the Nurgle characters and chaos cultists:

Hope you like them!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2018, 11:26:06 AM »
Cracking work! :o

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »
@Andym: Thanks very much! Can't beat the look of a proper army. :)

That was fun, right? So I took some more photos of a mix of figures I did for this army so far.

Should have painted one of the cultists like Waldo.. :P

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2019, 03:34:01 PM »
Hi, peeps!

Granted, I haven't painted a whole lot of sci-fi stuff lately, but I was surprised to see that I skipped a few updates I should have posted on here!

So first, here's a Highlander for Infinity:

Then somehow Kill Team became a thing and I felt the need to paint some scatter terrain for modern/sci-fi urban things:

Mostly bits from a set sold by Warlord Games, plus the portable loos are from TTCombat. Bought those a few years ago at a show, because I knew they'd come in handy at some point. All of these bits can be seen in that Kill Team battle report I wrote a while ago.

Then I did another Eisenhorn:

Not a great shot, but at this point I assume we all know what this chap looks like. :D This time I was asked to make him a little different with grey-ish blue shoulder armour. I offset the lack of colour caused by this by using more gold on the metallics.

...and this brings us up to speed pretty much. I'm currently working on a batch of Infinity figures. KTS, a Druze Shock Team, two corporate security people, a bunch of Haqqislam figures and of course the Fat Yuan Yuans:

These in the photo are still a bit WIP, but I'm getting there. Unique, fun figures with a pretty charming background and incredible presentation. Gimmicky as hell, but it's something i hadn't seen done before.

They come in a faux asia noodle box, along with a little menu printed on authentically thin and crappy paper with fat stains on it and three pins. Oh, and here's a fun fact: The two bodies of the figures are the same sculpt. It's just in the arms and mounting on the bases that makes the different poses.

So yeah, I got the green light on the Haqqislam colour scheme last weekend, so I'm currently working on getting all the Haqqis done. Here's a WIP shot:

Not pictured: 77 Goff Orks (slugga boyz, Kommandoz, Tank Bustaz, bomb squigs and a Runtherd) who are standing on my desk. I'd started working on them, then I got a message asking me to rip'em off their 25mm bases and put them on 32mm ones. Yikes. Well, that's done now as well. So I'll see that I get these Infinity figures done, then it's the Ork Boyz, then back to another batch of Infinity figures (about 10 figures I think), and if I'm a good boy I'll have that all done by the time the new Kickstarter figures from Dead Earth Games arrive which then have to be painted asap so they can use those in their promo for the next KS wave for Pirates of the Dread Seas. I've seen the masters already and they look mighty fine. So that's something to look forward to.

...and right in this moment I spotted a Haqqislam lady who had hidden between the horde of Orks to skip the last five painting steps on their comrades. That's what I get for putting too much stuff on the desk. Sigh. Please excuse me. :P

edit: Oh, and of course I've got the Austrian Salute show report in the works. Still have to put together the photos of my own stall there, then it's going straight online.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:45:51 PM by Battle Brush Sigur »

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2019, 03:47:12 PM »
Cracking update  8)

I'm not really a fan of gimmicky figure advertising but that noodle box tickle me  lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2019, 04:45:22 PM »
Cracking update  8)

I'm not really a fan of gimmicky figure advertising but that noodle box tickle me  lol

Exactly the same here. If the world was run according to me figures would be send out in little plastic baggies or classic blister packs AT BEST, but I appreciate people going all-out (or in) on the gimmcikiness if they feel like they must.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2019, 09:11:59 AM »
Nice update! I do love your painting style!.....oh, and your output is phenomenal! :o

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2019, 11:07:25 AM »
@Andym: Thank you. Comments are always highly appreciated.

@Captain Brown: :D Well, thanks.

While I'm waiting for primer to dry on the next Infinity project, here's the finished Haqqis:

Hope you like them, more detailled shots to follow!

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2019, 12:27:09 PM »
Stunning Brushwork  :-*

Would you mind sharing how you did the barrels/guns on the Haq models?

I've just discovered the Vallejo Opaque paints and am loving them.

I've been playing around with using the Vallejo 72.155 Heavy Charcoal and looking at using it for rubber tyres & or weapons (Gun barrels etc).

It seems to be a warmer (?) colour and maybe I need to look at something else.

Thanks for sharing your pics  :D

Allan
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2019, 06:17:09 PM »
@fluffy05: Thanks very much. :) It's just black (craft store), white (Schmincke acrylic) and a blue-ish light mid-grey (Vallejo Intermediate Blue) and mixes thereof. For funsies I also used Reaper's Snowdrift white for not-quite-final highlights, because it's a blue-ish grey/white I got for free earlier this year and it fits the whole pseudo-NMM on the guns. I do own two of Vallejo Game Colors' Extra Opague paints. Not many, because I generally don't do much with the Game Color range, but I got two, and they're really nice paints.

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2019, 03:06:47 AM »
@fluffy05: Thanks very much. :) It's just black (craft store), white (Schmincke acrylic) and a blue-ish light mid-grey (Vallejo Intermediate Blue) and mixes thereof. For funsies I also used Reaper's Snowdrift white for not-quite-final highlights, because it's a blue-ish grey/white I got for free earlier this year and it fits the whole pseudo-NMM on the guns. I do own two of Vallejo Game Colors' Extra Opague paints. Not many, because I generally don't do much with the Game Color range, but I got two, and they're really nice paints.

Thanks for the help Sigur.

You've pointed me in the right direction and I am very grateful  :)

Keep up the amazing brushwork (and sharing your pics).

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2019, 10:56:22 AM »
@fluffy05: Any time and I will! :D Especially since I'm pretty sure we've crossed paths quite a few times now. Could it be that you posted on Druchii.net? Somehow I got a mental image of your username on there.

Right, here are the closer-up pics of this latest batch of Infinity figures:

Druze Shock Team:

Kaplan Tactical Services:

Hope you like them! :)

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2019, 09:11:47 AM »
Since I got a ton to do I rushed straight on to painting Space Orks. Finished the 35 Slugga Boyz (pictures of those to follow, possibly not before I got the Kommandoz and Tank Bustaz done, let's see), now I slipped in another batch of Infinity figures, incidently Haqqislam again, but with a slightly different look. Here's a WIP of the figures:

full sized image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2019_04/wip1.jpg.98e2b66f62d305e4b57af390329ac8d0.jpg

Slowly getting there. Hope you like them so far.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Sigur in Space! - Infinity, Harlequins, Orks, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2019, 09:14:57 AM »
Certainly do like them  8)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Sigur in Space! - Infinity, Harlequins, Orks, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2019, 09:22:38 AM »
Nice work on those.