Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:34:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Konflikt '47 Season. 9/21 Sikhs assembled and primed.  (Read 14425 times)

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Re: Konflikt '47 Season.
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2023, 05:54:21 PM »
Looking at the British Army list yesterday and I've got a question about LMG's.

British infantry get's an extra shot for every 3 riflemen.  Thus, for a "Regular" infantry section (where each soldier is 10 points), 4 shots costs:
-30 points for 3 men with rifles.
-40 points for 2 men where one is given an LMG (20 points for 4 shots) and one becomes a non-firing loader.

Aside from 6 more inches of range on the LMG vs the rifles and the possibility that if your unit survives down to 2 men (unlikely, right?), you'll have a couple more shots, what's the advantage?

Seems like 10 points less for the riflemen and having an extra body in the unit would be a better deal.

LMG's are in an odd place in the Bolt Action rules, it's been debated ad-infinitum in every possible forum and facebook page.  There are a few suggested tweaks but I can't remember them offhand. 
It's a question of 'historical' flavour vs points efficiency I think in K47.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2023, 08:27:19 PM »
Progress is slow. Current just about finished assembly phase of a Rubicon Lloyd Carrier and a Company B Sherman. Pictures coming...
Shout-out to Company B who replaced a wrong track even though I wasn't the original purchaser and wouldn't even let me pay shipping! Great customer Service.

Though I'll not be using the 1/48 stuff shown earlier, I'll will be using these 1/48 1947 Dodge Power Wagons. Though these are civie versions and not the military model WC trucks, with a little weathering and some stowage I think they'll be perfect for a late 40's weird war settings and they were only $5 each from Menards!

The one on the right is stock.

The one on the left has had the numbers and "Dodge" markings removed. They came off easily with isopropyl alcohol on a swab and left the OD green paint intact. Also popped off the red fuel tank.   After the picture I gave the second one the same treatment.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 08:52:13 PM by eilif »

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2023, 06:43:48 PM »
Toy bashing last night. I've decided to take a different tack for my K47 transport vehicles.  I want to do something a bit more weird than just regular jeeps and trucks.

To that end  I'm going to go with Dodge Power Wagons in my last post in place of Jeeps and instead of a traditional Duce and a Half, I'm cobbling together "Fallout New Vegas" style army trucks for from a 1956 box truck and a Duce and a Half.

You can see my first try below. I'm gonna hit it with OD green probably.

Made it from the two 1/48 Menards vehicles below it that were only 5 bucks each and are both currently on the Menards Website in the Die Cast section:
https://www.menards.com/main/grocery-home/menards-collectibles/train-stuff-from-menards/train-stuff/c-13318.htm?queryType=allItems&Spec_ShopByType_facet=HO+Die-Cast&Spec_ShopByType_facet=O+Die-Cast

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Konflikt '47 Season. 5/1 Fallout style transport trucks??
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2023, 04:34:09 AM »
Quickly finished these two up for our first game last Monday. Definitely tabletop quality, but I'm happy with them.

Online Tom Dulski

• Mad Scientist
  • BOOKWORM
Re: I'm doing Konflikt '47! (3/6 Back in the Saddle)
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2023, 12:32:52 PM »
Minor reinforcement today.
Last night I picked up a pair of the 5 buck 3/4 Ton trucks from Menards that I learned about from @CapnJim . Very nice vehicles!

Where can you get them for $5

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Konflikt '47 Season. 5/1 Fallout style transport trucks??
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2023, 02:57:08 AM »
Finally finished assembly and priming of the gas masked Sikhs.  I'd have loved to make the entire force Sikhs, but the heads are long OOP from Ramshackle and this is all I had. The rest is standard Warlord British except for the officers: Saber arms (Perry AWI British) and left hand 1911 from Zombie survivors kit

They will fill a nice niche, being my elite unit using the K47 profile for Gurkha's. I've also armed them in such a way that they could have a separate sniper team.

Offline Snackelwolf

• Assistant
Re: Konflikt '47 Season. 9/21 Sikhs assembled and primed.
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2023, 02:31:23 AM »
What a cool, unique take on infantry. I look forward to seeing more. 

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2023, 04:07:54 AM »
What a cool, unique take on infantry. I look forward to seeing more.
Thanks!
These will be the last standard infantry.   I've got some armored infantry and vehicles also. We'll see how far I get before I run out of steam or the club changes games.

Offline Snackelwolf

• Assistant
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2023, 04:34:23 AM »
Thanks!
These will be the last standard infantry.   I've got some armored infantry and vehicles also. We'll see how far I get before I run out of steam or the club changes games.

oh I feel you. Guilty of game-jumping myself, and to add fuel to the fire we are never playing just one.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2023, 05:49:08 PM »
oh I feel you. Guilty of game-jumping myself, and to add fuel to the fire we are never playing just one.
Thanks.   It's really all my fault.  We had plenty lead time before the campaign and we play our chosen campaign game once a month (we meet twice a month) for several months.  Unfortunately, I have no one to blame but myself for not having my new units ready to go.

Luckily K47 is a small game, so I've got enough units finished to play.   

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2023, 05:42:21 AM »
Cracking job on the Sikhs 8) 8)