Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:01:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690598
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord & CwG: Konflikt '47  (Read 14647 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: Warlord & CwG: Konflikt '47
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 04:37:51 PM »
Meanwhile I'm making armoured Panzer Grenadiers riding a Bradley style Panther APC. I may be a bit of a hypocrite. :D

What model are you using as a basis for the APC? A 1/48 one or a 1/56? Always wanted to do something similar  :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2016, 09:58:03 PM »
I'm pretty much just ripping off this 1/35th scale conversion which I found online using a Warlord 1/56th scale Panther. (1/48th's my preferred scale, but I had the Panther going spare)

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2276.525

I'm considering a Katzchen as well (which would fit in more with the Hanomag rules). That'd take a lot more work though as it'd have to be made from scratch. ...Or I just say screw it and hollow out the hull of a Hetzer (though IIRC the prototypes had a look like a smaller Tiger II, so maybe a 1/72nd one of those would work too).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:10:57 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 10:34:45 PM »
Oh, thanks for the link. I didn't remember that particular conversion by Claymore. Nice!

I really hope they include rules for the so called "paper panzer" or scratchbuilt vehicles.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »
Going by the review posted there's only the sci-fi and occult units added, no mention of prototypes.

Yes, I'd like to see a whole book on all the experimental weapons, and the gear which was in development during the war, but didn't see use till a few years later. As things look right now, it seems they're wanting to add just generic weird units. Its not as if its too hard for players to write their own rules though, but I would like an official expansion (to use alongside the regular Bolt Action rules too).

The guys at the Warlord booth at a show I was at a few months back said they're working on some *late* war tanks like the Centurion. Wonder why...

Similarly, I wouldn't mind seeing some Soviet models armed with AK-47s as their Assault Rifles (which were prototyped in 45).

Oh, and not to hijack this thread (I'll just start my own eventually). Here's another Panther APC, which the creator happened to consider adding firing ports too. No idea where the engine's supposed to be though:)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:57:10 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2016, 11:21:37 PM »
Going by the review posted there's only the sci-fi and occult units added, no mention of prototypes.

Yes, I'd like to see a whole book on all the experimental weapons, and the gear which was in development during the war, but didn't see use till a few years later. As things look right now, it seems they're wanting to add just generic weird units. Its not as if its too hard for players to write their own rules though, but I would like an official expansion (to use alongside the regular Bolt Action rules too).

The guys at the Warlord booth at a show I was at a few months back said they're working on some *late* war tanks like the Centurion. Wonder why...

Similarly, I wouldn't mind seeing some Soviet models armed with AK-47s as their Assault Rifles (which were prototyped in 45).

Oh, and not to hijack this thread (I'll just start my own eventually). Here's another Panther APC, which the creator happened to consider adding firing ports too. No idea where the engine's supposed to be though:)

I think that in that case the engine is in a similar position to the one on the M113 - on the right side of the driver (there's that big grate near the viewports)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 03:20:14 PM »
So, I was oblivious to the series until getting a Warlord Newsletter update, then came here, and thought to myself, how long have I been asleep?  lol

Anyway, here's the link. Warlord_Games_Wednesday_News_17_Aug__2016:Upcoming Releases for Konflikt ’47

Doug

Offline mkultra99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Bookworm
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2016, 02:29:09 PM »
K'47 uses the Bolt Action framework. It has BA FAQ and errata added in and it borrows the close combat and reaction system from Beyond the Gates of Antares. It is "Weird War" but they seem adamant that there is nothing "supernatural" so the wolfmen, bearmen, and flying bat men are all genetic hybrids. The new technology comes from "whispers" from a "rift" that is generated after detonating nuclear/atomic weapons. So, maybe "aliens"? Maybe our future selves? It's not stated. The Allies have separated from Russia, so Russia is their own faction and it's now a 3 way fight. Not a terribly interesting background, but supports the rules in anycase. There are 4 armylists given, US, Germany, Soviet, and UK. All forces have some new wunderwaffe alongside conventional late war forces. Heavy infantry ('power armor'), a new weapon system for each faction (Tesla for US & UK, Gravity beam for Germany, and a Sonic beam for Sovs), jump/flight capable units, genetic hybrids (only Russia and Germany use these), zombies (only Germany), automatons (UK only), and walkers (each faction gets 2 or 3 walkers with the US and UK being the same). There are no 'make your own vehicle/unit' rules.

I feel like they didn't go weird enough or late enough. There are stats for T44 and Russia can have a slightly enhanced unit with assault rifles... but they missed an opportunity to really make it "late late war", no X-7, no e-50s, etc. The walkers all have conventional weapons on them and there is really only a handful of designs. The new weapon systems are only mounted on existing hulls, so the Tesla cannon is available on a sherman or a cromwell, the German gravity weapon is only available on teh PZIV, and the Russian thing only on a T34 or KV1. What they did have tho' seemed well balanced and strictly conventional forces are still "competitive" against a force with a lot of new stuff. So, that's my 2 dings against it #1 it's Bolt Action (which is a fine game but not a wwii game) and although the new assault and reaction rules go a long way in adding depth to BA.. it's still not WWII. In this context tho' (WWWII) I guess I can't hold that against them.. so this is null. But, #2 They missed 2 HUGE opportunities, by not going weird or late enough and by not including a 'build your own thing' system. Having said that, my group is eager to play... so Ill be playing K'47 regularly.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »
I feel like they didn't go weird enough or late enough. There are stats for T44 and Russia can have a slightly enhanced unit with assault rifles... but they missed an opportunity to really make it "late late war", no X-7, no e-50s, etc. The walkers all have conventional weapons on them and there is really only a handful of designs. The new weapon systems are only mounted on existing hulls, so the Tesla cannon is available on a sherman or a cromwell, the German gravity weapon is only available on teh PZIV, and the Russian thing only on a T34 or KV1. What they did have tho' seemed well balanced and strictly conventional forces are still "competitive" against a force with a lot of new stuff. So, that's my 2 dings against it #1 it's Bolt Action (which is a fine game but not a wwii game) and although the new assault and reaction rules go a long way in adding depth to BA.. it's still not WWII. In this context tho' (WWWII) I guess I can't hold that against them.. so this is null. But, #2 They missed 2 HUGE opportunities, by not going weird or late enough and by not including a 'build your own thing' system. Having said that, my group is eager to play... so Ill be playing K'47 regularly.

It is not warlords games you play. So make the stats for your games. I was also a little bit disappointed, but I do some stats by my own. The most thing I'm unhappy with is, that Japan is missing and also Italy. Only the big four. So I use my BoltAction Books and make it.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Glenn

• Bookworm
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »
It is not warlords games you play. So make the stats for your games. I was also a little bit disappointed, but I do some stats by my own. The most thing I'm unhappy with is, that Japan is missing and also Italy. Only the big four. So I use my BoltAction Books and make it.

my first thoughts are the fluff is good, i actually don't know the BA system but have bought konflikt and like a lot of the units though some of them...i suppose inevitably...are very deriative, i like the rifts idea but can see me co opting the game and its figures into SOTR  ;)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2016, 06:10:33 PM »
I think they have forgotten a lot. New ideas for tanks, monsters like castle wolfed stein had, Romanian vampires, Italian ghouls and weired technology. I'm afraid, that they say in the end no one bought the game...

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2016, 10:30:06 PM »
They have gene spliced bat-men and werewolf things on the axis side. Not supernatural evil but horrors born of Herr Adolf twisting the old helix extra hard or maybe it's more some kind of unthinkable Dr Moreau chimera surgery. Or maybe they have a meteorite that mutates those exposed to its radiation?

The Russians get a super-science turret upgrade.

British get some robots wi/ doughboy helmets.

And a powered armor/heavy armor of their own

Some kind of walker, maybe Russian.

American rocket trooper

Russian Powered Armor/heavy Body Armor guys

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:51:46 PM by palaeomerus »

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 08:05:54 AM »
K47 has indeed gone the pseudoscience route. I don't think they even have paranormal abilities such as ESP, apart from their rifts concept possibly. Not sure if it would help the sales a lot if they went full supernatural, since that' been done too. At least to a point, namely involving occultism if not so much outright far-out supernatural such as divinities.

That said, a bit of departure from the central clichés tenets of WWWII genre might be refreshing once in a while. Not sure how that might be accomplished so that the game would be recognized as a (nonsilly*) WWWII game still tho. In K47 we have at the very least mecha, powered armor, werewolves (or pretty undistinguishable facsimiles thereof) and zombies that are surely in the "top five boxes to tick" when creating a WWWII game.

---

*) for something silly, see https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hystericalgames/panzerfauste-mechanised-warfare-in-a-mythical-real
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:43:06 PM by tnjrp »

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2016, 08:43:16 AM »
I was watching Beasts of War's unboxing of the K47 starters and the guys from warlord dropped both "Occult" and "supernatural" in relation to the germans. They might just have been referring to the wing thingies and the wolfmen, but I was surprised that they used those words at all, I was under the impression they were Verboten in K47 land.  ::)
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2016, 10:14:33 AM »
I find the fantastical elements of their setting to a bit out of place. Hadn't they gone on about how they wanted to have a more realistic take on the setting? ...I suppose their meaning with that is that the weird stuff isn't magic its "Science!". I dunno, those still look like werewolves to me.

I'd hope that Warlord at some point'll just release paper panzer rules for regular Bolt Action (or strip them out of K47 for regular BA use). More of a Wolfenstein like setting would have suited me more, which'd still retain the crazy factor (but I guess I could just do that myself).

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2016, 01:43:03 PM »
It is more the walkers side of things that appeals to me about werid wars than the supernatural. Zombie Germans isn't a bad concept visually but not the sort of fluff that excites me. Those gorilla things in Dust were a total head scratcher as far as I was concerned! I never did convince any of my cronies to play Dust Warfare, despite investing in two Dust Tactics boxes and the Warfare rules. I love the look of the Dust Walkers I have (especially the Germans) so I am hoping to pursuade my group to give it a go using Konflikt '47. I'm hoping to make it a Konflikt '17 year!

Interesting to see what people make of the rules once they've played games. I like the concept, at least.