Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690961
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Konflikt '47 - Germans Blog (Updated 25th July)  (Read 13793 times)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Konflikt '47 - Germans Blog (Updated 25th July)
« on: April 30, 2016, 03:58:55 PM »

So with K47 being released soon and a few peopled at my local gaming Club getting excited I'd thought I'd make a start on my own force.

Being based on Bolt Action and being Bolt Action army compatible it wasn't too hard to find some figures I took a fancy too painting, I'd like to point out at this point though that my painting is historical in any way and I was just aiming to roughly get close to the Uniform schemes (And my painting is gaming standard at best).

So after ordering a few boxes of bits here's the first ones finished:

Waffen SS Sturmbataillon Charlemagne

Waffen SS HQ

Funny enough this is the first time I've painted anything outside of Sci-fi/Fan/Post Apoc and I'm quite enjoying the change of pace.

Thanks for looking and more updates soon (I hope).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 01:20:33 PM by Chico »

Offline Glenn

• Bookworm
Re: Konflikt '47 - Germans Blog
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 05:18:57 PM »
very very cool

good colours and everything looks spot on

:)

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 04:13:55 PM »
Nice to see you expanding your horizons Chico ;)
Looking forward to seeing more Germans from you.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:10:26 PM »
very very cool

good colours and everything looks spot on

:)

Thanks very much mate, all the cool people are called Glenn it seems :D

Nice to see you expanding your horizons Chico ;)
Looking forward to seeing more Germans from you.

Ta, I heard about weridos like you asking to see more of a fellas German ;) hehe

More not so weird, weird stuff has been finished: LMG, more Waffen and a Medium Mortar (Pictures when the light inproves, so tomorrow hehe).

I should really do some Weird stuff but I want to start my Hano first and few more basic SS (If you can call SS basic).

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 11:02:49 AM »
Those models look sharp Chico.  I've never played Bolt Action either but Konflikt 47 has enough "weird" thrown in there that I want to give it a go too. I've always been fascinated by WW2 but always felt limited wargaming it by concerns about adhering to the veracity of actual events.  I have some British paras I painted years ago but decided to start painting a Waffen SS force because their kit was most advanced toward the end of the conflict and thought it would be most appropriate thrown 2 years forward.  I'll keep following your thread as you will be at least a week ahead of me (My mail order is a week out) so I can see how you are building your force and nick your ideas :) .I'm very interested to see your take on it.

ADD:  I have been looking but I haven't found much information on K47 beyond some models (they look cool) but I would like to know where the alternate history ends up going.  It seems silly but if I make up a story for my little army I don't want it to grate against "canon".    
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:03:25 PM by horridperson »

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 12:33:34 PM »
Thanks mate steal any idea you wish, I've no doubt stolen them myself hehe ;)

If you are after more background/fluff/unit ideas for K'47 I recommend you search for Clockwork Goblins ''War Without End'' it's their 15mm version of the game which has the same units/background.

It'll give you a good idea of what's to come.

You also have this from the rulebook blurb:

Konflikt '47 is set in a world very much like ours. In fact, its history is indistinguishable from our own until 1943 when the Manhattan Project's test of a prototype nuclear device opened a rift in the fabric of space.

When the Fat Boy atomic bomb was dropped on Dresden on 12 March 1944, it created a second rift, and German scientists quickly set to work studying it. Both rifts began to relay signals from unknown sources.

These signals were largely indecipherable, but occasionally one would convey a formula or scientific theory that permitted huge technological advances. Both the US and Germany were reluctant to share these advances with their allies, and in May 1944, Stalin declared the US to be an enemy of the Motherland.

So I take it everything is in a fixed setting of time of around 1947 and the War hasn't ended so we don't know the final outcome so everything is open so I wouldn't worry about cannon as it'll no doubt never be fleshed out too much.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »
Thanks for pointing me to, "War without End".  The synopsis and your explanation allows me to make a "safe" decision on my divisions identity/history.  If WWE had significant departures from real world history my plans wouldn't gel.  The vehicles look pretty sweet and the story seems cool.  The only "ugly" mini was the german zombie; I hope it's a placeholder.  The British robot looked awesome and the Turing connection was too.

I'm thinking my division could be the hitlerjugend.  They were founded in 43' and everything up to that is real war history.  The other possibility which I'm liking a little better is an imaginary division founded from youth born in the following year (youth born in 1926, age 18 constituted the 12 divisions recruits).  I think I'll call it, "Quecksilber" for Herbert Norkus.  With the former I have "creative control" and don't have to worry about accuracy as much.  As far as weird war goes I found the idea of kids who were indoctrinated by the nazis all through childhood going straight to being soldiers really creepy and thought it would be a cool army concept.   

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 02:53:19 PM »
I like the idea of your indoctrinated kids as it allows you to have elite or at least well equipped conscripts, a creepy version of Hitler Youth.

I don't have any fluff for my own force yet, but I may just run a weird version 33rd Waffen SS Charlemagne

Mini wise though I'm looking forward to getting these:

Shouls be quite fun to paint up in Pea Dot Camo.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 03:02:58 PM »
Great stuff. I really like the Warlord SS troops (and the Charlemagne box in particular) I know some people don't like the cartoony aspect of some of the minis but it makes them a lot of fun to paint!

Looking forward to seeing some of the weirder wierd war stuff get added to your collection!

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 12:08:43 PM »
I have one of those German tank/walker and I'm hoping to paint it up soon(ish).  I can say that it is a very nice miniature.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 12:45:52 PM »
A small(ish) update, the last of my normal troops for the moment. I have a Hanomag to paint then it's onto the weird bits like a Gestapo Vampire :)

Medium Mortar

LMG Team

More SS

Thanks for looking :)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
Re: Konflikt '47 - Germans Blog (Update 6th May)
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 01:46:18 AM »
Those look awesome chico; I love the autumn patterns and want to use them myself.  I think I prefer the oak leaf but I it may have been replaced by the forest plane so I'm considering going with the latter even if I don't like it quite as much.

Speaking of vampires do you mean the BA SS Vampire Count that came with Major Terntadust?  I have him buried away with my Brits and since you reminded me of him I can start the project a week early :) .
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:54:06 AM by horridperson »

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 06:41:54 AM »
The Vampire I have I haven't a clue where he's from, it was a cheap ebay buy:

Ebay pic, mine has yet to arrive.

I'm hoping it looks better in real life as that picture it's a shocker but was worth a punt.. well maybe ;)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 09:44:30 AM »
The photo is a little blurry but hopefully the model will make the grade.  If it isn't quite there looking at your other models you should be able to bring it up to snuff with some good paintwork.  I just got my Count stripped, rebased and ready for priming.  I decided to go with the higher 25mm bases because I have more of them and my pulp and Strange Aeons figures are based with them.  I'd like everything to be cross compatible.  I have to run out later today and acquire some stray paints for this project then hopefully I can get the Count started.   

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »
I do like your Count figure so I'm now regretting my option of being a cheap ass hehe.

Quite tempted with getting these at some point:

Fluff wise I'm not sure how Vampires and Puppies can go within the same force without it being too far fetched. So I may just drop the one or the other once the direction i'm going in is more cermented.