Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:51:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Black Order - All Things End  (Read 198060 times)

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
Re: The Black Order - Getting Bogged Down p.63
« Reply #945 on: July 06, 2022, 06:13:34 PM »
With a piece like that, you can also use high gloss polyeurethane, and can add a small amount of fine flock to either it or resin to give the look of algae.

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
Re: The Black Order - Getting Bogged Down p.63
« Reply #946 on: July 08, 2022, 05:21:37 PM »
So, the 3D printed vignette from Reconquer Designs finally arrived! A wounded and/or unconscious warrior is pulled to safety by his battle-brother. I've added some fur pelts to make the warriors stand out as Black Order sergeants. Whilst this would make a fantastic vignette in its own right, I'm probably going to add it to the war wagon's base to add that bit extra character and dynamism. What do you think?

" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Black Order - Rescuing the Wounded
« Reply #947 on: July 08, 2022, 05:36:30 PM »
It looks like it would look great either way. Definitely would be a great addition to the war wagon!

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #948 on: July 08, 2022, 07:01:51 PM »
That's superb once again. One thing that struck me though was that if it's being added to the war wagon base, the rescuer looks to be shielding the wounded from a direction you wouldn't expect arrows to be coming from, assuming the crossbowmen are firing at the enemy (unless they've been outflanked).
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #949 on: July 08, 2022, 08:58:57 PM »
Yes, love that on the wagon base. Great addition!

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #950 on: July 11, 2022, 03:26:19 PM »
A great scene.  Maybe that guy owes him money  :)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #951 on: July 12, 2022, 10:09:18 AM »
I think the figures are more versatile on a single base and wouldn't add them to the waggon. In that way they are usable in many more scenarios I think.
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #952 on: July 12, 2022, 12:24:26 PM »
IMO adding that little vignette to the wagon base makes it! That's why the horses are still out front and not hiding behind the wagon - it's just come to a stop to do a quick battlefield evac  :-*

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #953 on: July 12, 2022, 10:47:02 PM »
Very cool. Love the undead warband.

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #954 on: July 16, 2022, 11:47:13 AM »
Thanks all!

That's superb once again. One thing that struck me though was that if it's being added to the war wagon base, the rescuer looks to be shielding the wounded from a direction you wouldn't expect arrows to be coming from, assuming the crossbowmen are firing at the enemy (unless they've been outflanked).

The idea was that the wagon has driven right into the thick of the fighting and arrows are indeed coming from all directions. I think I need to add some arrows embedded in the wagon from the other side in order to sell this, though. :)

IMO adding that little vignette to the wagon base makes it! That's why the horses are still out front and not hiding behind the wagon - it's just come to a stop to do a quick battlefield evac  :-*

That was the hope! Cheers :)

The swamp is finished! What do you guys think?

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Black Order - Lost in the Marsh
« Reply #955 on: July 16, 2022, 01:37:13 PM »
It’s a beautiful piece of terrain! Lots of interesting details too. Things are looking a bit sticky for Hans and Franz in the first picture, though!

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #956 on: July 16, 2022, 02:52:09 PM »
That swamp looks pretty noxious!

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #957 on: July 16, 2022, 08:03:47 PM »
Not spent much time on the forum for awhile, but was like always a joy to come here and catch up on your work. The swamp looks suitably damp and horrible, and I salute you the effort of rebasing the whole army. Not a choice easily made.

Also great to see you getting games in, the real joy comes when you get to use your labour for the other fun parts after all. Looking forward to seeing more always.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #958 on: July 18, 2022, 10:46:10 AM »
The swamp is finished! What do you guys think?

I think I want one :D

Seconding a poster above, nice extra little details like sunken skeleton.

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #959 on: July 19, 2022, 07:23:20 AM »
It’s a beautiful piece of terrain! Lots of interesting details too. Things are looking a bit sticky for Hans and Franz in the first picture, though!

Cheers mate! Yeah, I figure it'll be the site of a lot of gaming mishaps and gnashing of teeth :)

That swamp looks pretty noxious!

Shrek would be proud.

Not spent much time on the forum for awhile, but was like always a joy to come here and catch up on your work. The swamp looks suitably damp and horrible, and I salute you the effort of rebasing the whole army. Not a choice easily made.

Also great to see you getting games in, the real joy comes when you get to use your labour for the other fun parts after all. Looking forward to seeing more always.

Always appreciate the kind words from yourself mate - hope you are enjoying the hobby and that you get some gaming time soon. I've always found the painting/modelling side to be reward enough in its own right, but it is pleasing to get the models out on a table and roll some dice, too. :)

And yes, rebasing a whole army was a bit nuts.

I think I want one :D

Seconding a poster above, nice extra little details like sunken skeleton.

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to make.

With the heatwave affecting the UK currently, there aren't a lot of options for things to do during the day, and I'm finding that even the hobby is a little tricky - GW paint pots dry up and Green Stuff cures solid in about 90 minutes. I burned through a lot of Green Stuff on this project - Victrix's Norman Cavalry set, which I'm repurposing to act as Mounted Sergeants for the Black Order. I used Green Stuff World's texture plates to help with the chain barding and fur pelts. Lots of fun!