Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:14:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685047
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 740
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Strange Aeons Battle reports...now with added Kulten  (Read 17660 times)

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
My Strange Aeons Battle reports...now with added Kulten
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:20:43 AM »
Me and my friends are putting together a Youtube channel, and one of the things we all want to do is run a SA campaign each. I'm up first so he's my Threshold team

Eleanor Templeton, Kornelias DuPont and Randal Smythe are ready to investigate some strange happenings!

they just need their bases doing, but that'll have to wait until I get some mud paint.

Now onto a lurker or two!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 02:44:13 PM by gmanrocks »

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: My Strange Aeons Project
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 02:19:53 PM »
 Nice, I look forward to seeing your campaign play out :)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 06:13:32 PM »
Following! :)
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 08:52:15 PM »
Following! :)

Yep. Looking forwards to seeing more.

--

Tommy Guns were expensive, finely crafted weapons and the earlier examples with drum mags and vertical foregrips shipped with a high quality 'blued' finish on the metal more like that of a sporting arm than military guns.

Which is to say I've been painting mine black instead of leadbelcher.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 01:32:28 PM »
Back off my holiday (boooo), but that means I get to carry on my SA project (Yaaaaay).

We rolled to see what out first scenario would be, Monster Attack, so the Lurker player decided on a Formless Thing. Its a round 15 points, plus I have a mini for it. So here it is, ready to face off against my newly formed team.

This is my first attempt at glazing anything, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Now all the minis are ready for out first filmed game! (Yaaaay), I just need to paint some fences first though (Booooo).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:31:18 PM by gmanrocks »

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 03:13:11 PM »
That thing is admirably formless. And disgustingly fleshy!

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 04:13:43 PM »
Our first episode has been filmed. Just need to get my head around the whole editing stuff, but here's a still from the game... There was excitement, danger and fun all round! :)

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 05:21:15 PM »
It's taken a little while, but here's my first ever Youtube video...Gulp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u40NAYamzds&feature=youtu.be

As we go on our set up will improve. I've already learnt a lot about making videos just through this first one, so roll on the next video!

It's amazing how much we noticed we got wrong with the rules only after watching the video, like psychology tests etc. Again all part of the learning curve, but we're getting there. Main thing is of course, that we had fun!

Hope you like it, and please subscribe to the channel if you're a Youtuber for more SA and other game videios, and if you're the social media type, feel free to like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/pg/itsallaboutthatbasetv
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 02:54:04 PM by gmanrocks »

Offline necromorph

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 10:28:16 AM »
It's taken a little while, but here's my first ever Youtube video...Gulp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u40NAYamzds&feature=youtu.be

As we go on our set up will improve. I've already learnt a lot about making videos just through this first one, so roll on the next video!

It's amazing how much we noticed we got wrong with the rules only after watching the video, like psychology tests etc. Again all part of the learning curve, but we're getting there. Main thing is of course, that we had fun!

Hope you like it, and please subscribe to the channel if you're a Youtuber for more SA and other game videios, and if you're the social media type, feel free to like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/pg/itsallaboutthatbasetv

Glad to see more Strange Aeons videos. Well done. Technical knowledge only comes through practice. I think you're off to a good start and look forward to seeing more. It was very entertaining, even with a few mistakes in the rules.

P.S, your images don't seem to be on this thread anymore.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 01:32:31 PM »
OH NO! it seems all my images from various posts have gone. I'll have to sort them out. Luckily I added these to the Facebook page. Phew!

And thank you. Hope you enjoy it. More to come...Something smells fishy...Tune in to the next episode to find out what.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 07:30:09 AM »
The Thresholds battle against the Formless Thing has attracted the attention of a nefarious and wicked cult, and to make matters worse, they've brought along a hideous Fishman!...Will the agents survive this encounter, or become fish food? Find out in the next episode of our Strange Aeons campaign!

Feel free to subscribe to our Youtube Chanel to keep up with our campaign (and others) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8bm-Tf5VboDyCX4T5OSPdg

And here's a sneak peek of said nefarious cult

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 05:36:53 PM »
Anyone who watched out recent Frostgrave video will have noticed that a few of us have caught the dreaded man flu, and thus, our next Strange Aeons video has been slightly delayed, but being sick hasn't stopped me from getting some more minis done for future videos...The Lurker pool grows with a Shambler, Maniac and Midget Cultist

As well as a rather familiar looking Civilian/Agent... And a Goat!

Keep your eyes peeled on our YouTube channel for future games featuring these and other minis.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 10:44:46 AM »
Just a quick snap of my Watcher. Really love this mini, and it was the first time I've ever tried free hand painting to such a degree for the eye ball.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 09:39:54 PM »
I'm not a big  solo gamer, but today I tried out the solo deck to see how it played out. It's good fun, and here's the battle rep!

This is my new starting Threshold Team: Marshall Cranston, armed with is Bolt Action Rifle and Knife and his Lucky skill. Marion Carmine with her 45 Pistol, Knife and Tough skill and their leader Nathaniel Moran with his Shotgun, Cleaver and Command and Inspire skills, along with Light Armour and Tight Boots.

The scenario was Fight...Simple enough!

Here's the board as the Threshold are investigating the strange goings on a the deep south. A Cult are up to no good in a grave yard. They consist of a Cult Leader with a Club, 2 Cultists with knives, a Cultist with a 22 Pistol and a Fishman.

Nathaniel and Marion move up while Marshall hangs back to take a shot of the Fishman in the distance.

But fails to take out the creature in the distance.

In the Lurkers turn, the Fishman hops forward, taking advantage of the graveyards built up terrain to get into cover.

Unlike one of the knife wielding cultists and the pistol sporting cultist who merrily charge forward.

All of the Threshold Agents put on a master class of shooting and not hitting anything.

Allowing the knife Cultist to charge Nathaniel, only to be greeted with a cleaver to the head, putting him Face Down.

Hearing the commotion, the Fishman hops along ever closer to the agents.

While the Cult Leader lurks around a crypt seeking the nearest cover.

With the new turn starting, and a Face Down Cultist at his feet, Nathaniel mercifully finishes him off. Automatically killing him.

Seeing his chum and long time drinking buddy hacked down, the Pistol Packing Cultist snaps, failing his Resolve and Frenzying right towards Nathaniel...Only to wind up with the same fate as his pal.

The Cultist with the Knife decides now's the time to impress the boss, and hops over the wall, making a beeline for Marion

The Cult Leader steps out from his cover and ducks behind the wall so he can survey the situation.

Nathaniel attempts to blast the Cultist apart with his shotgun, only to have it jam on him.

Leaving Marion to pick up the slack, and taking out the cultist with her handgun.

All this was a little too much for the Cult Leader who failed his Resolve test and ran away as quickly as possible.

While they were busy with the Cultist, the Fishman had hopped around the try and was nearly in chomping distance of Nathaniel.

The sight of such a bizarre creature proved too much for even the hardy Nathaniel, failing his Resolve check as it bounced on him. Luckily he has his Tight Boots equipped, allowing him to auto pass it and calm down a little, and the two went toe to toe with neither being the victor.

The Cult Leader shook off his fear and charged into the melee as he tussled back and forth with with Marion. While they did, Marshall got into a better position for his rifle.

More back and forth in the melee with Nathaniel besting the Fishman, but only managed to knock him Face Up.

Seeing his leader in need, Marshall took a shot at the Fishman, knocking him Face Down.

Marion ducked club swing after club swing to finally score a savage knife thrust, taking out the Cult Leader once and for all, before Nathaniel took out the unconscious Fishman.

A great success for the Threshold!

In the post game, sadly no map pieces were found, but both Nathaniel and Marshal gained advancements both  rolling to reduce their Dex by 1, making them both a lot meaner with their ranged weapons...Hurrray!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:35:51 PM by gmanrocks »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2018, 10:56:10 PM »
Nice stuff, I need to get back into the game; I also have the solo deck, so I don't even need an opponent...  ::)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84