Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686650
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69342 times)

Offline Paratrooper 42

• Librarian
Re: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2021, 10:20:50 AM »

I think they should do what Copplestone did and outsource the stock/delivery side etc to something like Northstar, job done ;)

Exactly my thought, that would allow Kev to concentrate on sculpting and leverage the benefits of an existing, proven, manufacturing and distribution operation.

I can't see the business decision around struggling on with the current setup which is plagued with problems, as Arty keeps confirming with every 'update' he sends out.

There are clearly lots of people out there who want the Hasslefree product, but they're not prepared to go through the Hassleprone(TM) process to get it.  If I were a gambling man I'd bet that if they found a production partner with a good reputation there would be plenty of orders.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 10:24:31 AM by Paratrooper 42 »

Offline Paratrooper 42

• Librarian
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2021, 10:21:44 AM »
Can't respond to emails, can't respond to paypal cases. I love the miniatures but using Artemis Black as a fulfilment system has destroyed the business for me. You can't get the minis and if there's a problem you are completely ignored.

I rest my case . . .

Online Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2021, 10:32:48 AM »

I think they should do what Copplestone did and outsource the stock/delivery side etc to something like Northstar, job done ;)

I was thinking the same thing - although I think at this point that would damage hasslefree since it very much seems to be a family business, in the sense that the family all work there. they could probably do with a couple of very boring administrative types to go in and just reset the entire thing over a few weeks so they can start fresh without a lingering chaos of unfinished orders and problems.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2021, 01:32:55 PM »
They've been this way a few years now. Issue after issue and the owners appear to bury their heads in the sand and try to trade out of it rather than, for instance, taking on a loan and getting in a business consultant to fix it.
I assume it's pride... what other reason could there be for allowing one's business to hit this sort of state?

Offline Bossco101

• Librarian
    • www.Miniature-Heroes.co.uk
« Reply #319 on: May 07, 2021, 02:19:10 PM »
Perhaps things aren't as Black and White as they first appear  ;)

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2021, 09:11:11 AM »
Another newsletter landed today:

Delays Almost Over!

Hello Everyone

Some Good News! Covid restrictions are easing and so delays are coming to an end. I am also back to work full time, I do still need a surgery but that, when it happens, will only take me out for a few days. Part of the covid restrictions easing means the Post Office is back open full time and we will find it easier to get help at the warehouse.

What Does This Mean?

Admin issues will be caught up this week, back messages and emails etc. There's a stack of despatch notifications ready to go out over the next 24 hours for orders already fixed.

This means those of you awaiting a reply to a question should be getting one shortly. If you don't get one my mid week feel free to resend and bump it up, especially if it's important or time sensitive.

Our release schedule will be back this month, and we have metal moulds in production again. So just a shortish glitch in our return to normal service :)

Pre Order Issues

The biggest one is Post Apoc Gang, that needed a complete remould, which is currently underway. Shouldn't take too long.

The others, which are all also currently being sorted are ...

40mm Artemis (metal)
Artemis
Dwarves w Spears
Titania
Elite Vince
Resin Master - Oakley

Please' check if your order has a pre order in it before emailing about it. A lot of people don't seem to have noticed this and I have spent a lot of my non-sick work time letting people know that they have ordered a pre order (Which is why we don't normally do them :) ).

And if you are after an answer about an order, please use BWARTEMIS at GMAIL dot COM and give me a little more time to get to them, I am staying away from the computer during painkiller hours so people don't get weird replies ;)

That's it! Apologies we had a bump in the new schedule, we are awaiting my surgery and the above to be fixed before getting back on metal releases but they are coming back asap. We appreciate your patience as always :)

Arty.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #321 on: June 08, 2021, 09:22:39 AM »
Still no response to paypal.

Did you ever get a response?

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #322 on: June 08, 2021, 02:13:20 PM »
Did you ever get a response?

Just a refund from Paypal. No contact from Hasslefree at all.

Offline Painterz

• Librarian
« Reply #323 on: June 08, 2021, 07:39:13 PM »
Ignoring paypal disputes is quite serious too. How many marks do you get against your paypal account from unresolved non-responsive disputes before they seize and shut down your paypal?

Offline Firescale Whack

• Scientist
« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2021, 11:16:22 AM »
I don't want to play devils advocate here but I have ordered from Hasslefree quite a few times and have never had a bad experience. I do live in Australia though and am quite used to waiting a while for anything from overseas but all my Hasslefree orders have arrived in a normal amount of time and with no issues. It's quite worrying to see so many people have the opposite experience as they make some great mini's.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2021, 12:50:14 PM »
Still no response to my emails after 8 months - paypal have now issued refund.  Case now with Trading Standards and Advertising Standards. 

I agree that they have nice figures but if they are unwilling to communicate and actually getting the figures is a gamble I will not order again.  I now watch for second hand ones on the internet as I more likely to receive what I order.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2021, 03:39:20 PM »
See they're advertising another sale. Although it's 20% off, I won't be tempted.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #327 on: June 17, 2021, 04:20:00 PM »
This is just getting weird.

To advertise a Sale when they aren't meeting run of the mill orders is paramount to Black Tree Designs behaviour!

Having said that, Black Tree have been up to those sorts of shenanigans for years and I don't know what the real world situation is for Hasslefree.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2021, 06:08:03 PM »
I can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve made 2 ‘run of the mill’ orders in the last 6 weeks or so and both arrived promptly.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2021, 06:51:14 PM »
I can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve made 2 ‘run of the mill’ orders in the last 6 weeks or so and both arrived promptly.

If they get it right they're fine. If there are problems you are just completely ignored.