Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:43:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686583
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69318 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread
« Reply #330 on: June 17, 2021, 07:43:50 PM »
Their latest newsletter is available here. The p.s. is definitely worth a read, as they have had their woes.

2. We're very up to date on new orders, we're very up to date on restocking and we're almost there on comms. Emails (to our gmail account) are good, FB is next to catch up.

So up to date on new orders, may not so much on some older ones  ???

I'm not looking for anything from them at the moment, so my fingers are crossed they are indeed over their recent troubles. However, I'll give it a couple of months before testing the waters again.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #331 on: June 18, 2021, 02:08:53 PM »
I'm excited that they're getting some of those exciting greens into production finally. :) Will be making an order soon!

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #332 on: June 18, 2021, 02:13:49 PM »
If they get it right they're fine. If there are problems you are just completely ignored.

I did have a mis-pack with the first order, had an email exchange, and then the right pack plus freebies were included with my second order. I was very happy.  :)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #333 on: June 18, 2021, 02:21:32 PM »
I did have a mis-pack with the first order, had an email exchange, and then the right pack plus freebies were included with my second order. I was very happy.  :)
IIRC ten emails each to three different email addresses plus a paypal case. Not a peep out of them.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2021, 04:42:42 PM »
Just over a week ago I sent the routine email to Hasslefree and I got a reply!  You could have knocked me down with a feather!  It said that the issue had been resolved and figures were on their way. 

I was amazed today to find a package awaiting me from Black and White Games - what could it be?  It contained the missing figures AND some freebies!  Not sure that I have recovered from the shock yet.

I hope that this is continued in the future.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Roy Williamson

• Student
« Reply #335 on: July 14, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »
Ordered: 25th June
[during a SALE, knowing that no order would be completed until after July 1st]

Items Received: 14th July.

Both miniatures correct and perfect.
Didn't receive any email telling me that the order had been shipped / posted - do Hasslefree do such as this? Not that that bothered me.
I'm a UK customer, should this info be useful to know.
Both miniatures were/are still in stock. Were/are -n't pre-orders.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 02:34:28 PM by Roy Williamson »

Offline D. Brownie

• Scientist
« Reply #336 on: July 22, 2021, 06:27:38 AM »
If I had seen this thread before...
I discovered Hasselfree Minis and said "Wow, what wonderful minis" and "they have a very performing shipping service"...
The same day (13th of July) made a small order of 6 minis with tracked shipping...
Fortunately with PayPal...
Status order said "complete" , but I received no notification and no answer to 2 emails sent after I read these things...
I'll wait the 21 days as indicated in their site and after I'll open my claim.
It's so sad to see such beautiful minis treated this way.
Davide
P. S. It would be nice to know if someone outside UK had ever received minis from them... Thanks!

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #337 on: July 22, 2021, 07:19:03 AM »
From what I've read of Hasslefree on these threads, I get the feeling that they don't seem to have the same deliberate problems as say Black Tree, who have been operating like that for probably two decades.

Am I right or am I reading too much into things?

Note, I'm not condoning the late or none deliveries of goods.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #338 on: July 22, 2021, 09:27:23 AM »
Their latest newsletter is out, but not on their website yet.

In summary, it's very hot in Wales (met office official warning hot), so he's had to evacuate the warehouse. They're also waiting on a huge metal order, although it's nearly there.

It may go some way towards explaining the delay.

They do seem to be trying, but I haven't risked anything for a while  :(

edited to remove the link, which as Silent Invader kindly pointed out, was tailored to my email address.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 11:55:14 AM by zemjw »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #339 on: July 22, 2021, 09:40:05 AM »
It certainly does sound like a strange explanation...... obviously I don't know one way or the other.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 01:24:16 PM by Atheling »

Offline Roy Williamson

• Student
« Reply #340 on: August 03, 2021, 09:57:46 AM »
Update from my original post.

Ordered: 25th June
[during a SALE, knowing that no order would be completed until after July 1st]

Items Received: 14th July.

Both miniatures correct and perfect.
Didn't receive any email telling me that the order had been shipped / posted - do Hasslefree do such as this? Not that that bothered me.
I'm a UK customer, should this info be useful to know.
Both miniatures were/are still in stock. Were/are -n't pre-orders.

I received an email, yesterday, regarding this order. (I've blanked out the last two digits of my order number)

Quote from: Hasslefree Miniatures email
Hasslefree Miniatures - Shipping Despatch Notification 824##                                          Monday, Aug 2, 12.22 PM
Hasslefree Miniatures Website <orders@hfminis.co.uk>
to me

Hasslefree Miniatures
                                                                                                                                   Unit 21 Greenway Workshops
                                                                                                                                   Bedwas House Ind. Estate
                                                                                                                                   Bedwas, Caerphilly
                                                                                                                                   CF83 8HW

Shipping Despatch Notification - Order 824##

We are pleased to say your order has been despatched and will be on its way to you.

If you have any queries regarding this email, please email orders@hfminis.co.uk

So to answer my earlier query. Yes, Hasslefree do send out despatch emails.
Okay, it has been 20 days since the order has been received but, this email could have been useful should the parcel have gone missing and I needed to sort such an issue out.

Hope this information helps people.

Offline D. Brownie

• Scientist
« Reply #341 on: August 03, 2021, 10:26:43 AM »
I received the tracking number too 2 days ago. Now the packet is blocked at customs in Italy... I hate Brexit  >:(
Sincerely bothers to me very much if I have to write 5 emails (last threatening a claim with PayPal) before receiving an answer.
The minis were actually shipped the 16th of July, but it's clearly stated that the tracking number would be given asap... Great stuff, no professionalism...

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #342 on: August 03, 2021, 11:51:11 AM »
no professionalism...

I think this is possibly the nub of the gist. You get someone starting a business fuelled by the passion of the hobby, but without the business skills to put a reliable system in place to deal with problems. It's fine when the business is small and you can personally deal with each issue, but when it grows and the numbers get to the level when you need properly trained staff with clear remits, unresolved issues can snowball alarmingly and become major problems. It seems like money needs to be spent on hiring professional people to keep things running. If the sales are too large to keep on top of, but there's not enough money to hire staff, then there's a problem somewhere with profit margins and keeping track of the finance.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 03:13:30 PM by Cubs »
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2021, 11:12:13 AM »
I think this is possibly the nub of the gist. You get someone starting a business fuelled by the passion of the hobby, but without the business skills to put a reliable system in place to deal with problems. It's fine when the business is small and you can personally deal with each issue, but when it grows and the numbers get to the level when you need properly trained staff with clear remits, unresolved issues can snowball alarmingly and become major problems. It seems like money needs to be spent on hiring professional people to keep things running. If the sales are too large to keep on top of, but there's not enough money to hire staff, then there's a problem somewhere with profit margins and keeping track of the finance.

I have had no dealings with Hasslefree but I get the impression that Cubs has hit the nail on the head.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2021, 12:23:05 PM »
Their latest newsletter mentions that they are thinking about running a very quick kickstarter in a few weeks.

Some of the figures look nice, but it's going to be a difficult decision on whether or not to take the risk...