Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:04:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WIP: 6-module board (final pictures of now 4-module board 30.08.09)  (Read 19280 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: WIP: 6-module board
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 03:17:06 PM »
That's looking very nice!! Any news on when the older Industrial factory fronts will be back in stock/ (apologies for abusing the forum - I'm being lazy!!)

Ditto on that matey, that's the buildings on your board correct?
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://www.pardulon-models.com
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 08:56:36 AM »
The buildings seen are the newer ones from this thread: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=9751.0

The old buildings will most probably be dropped from the shop in their current form. The molds for the wall pieces are still mostly in good shape, so the walls will be available at least until the molds wear out. But the mold for connector pieces has pretty much had it, which means I cannot produce complete kits at the moment.

In the meantime, I had to remove part of the groundwork on one of the boards because of a design mistake. It proved almost impossible, as I wanted the boards as resilient as possible, and thus chose a mixture of colored styrofoam glue, dyed gauze and sand for the unpaved parts. It works almost too good :) Seriously, I quite like it, as it doesn't show if some of the sand rubs off, and the gauze shining through in places gives a nice additional texture.
Resin buildings, scenery and other useful stuff: www.pardulon-models.com

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 09:18:24 AM »
The old buildings will most probably be dropped from the shop in their current form. The molds for the wall pieces are still mostly in good shape, so the walls will be available at least until the molds wear out. But the mold for connector pieces has pretty much had it, which means I cannot produce complete kits at the moment.

Aww, shit... I've had the factory building on my shopping list for some time. To far down it, apparently.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »
Doh! On my shopping list too... :(
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »
Uti, I have set up a temporary gallery with the available new walls here:
http://pardulon.com/catalog/hobby.php?param=wand&language=en

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 11:57:39 PM »
Uti, I have set up a temporary gallery with the available new walls here:
http://pardulon.com/catalog/hobby.php?param=wand&language=en

So for the record those factories are no longer for sale and there's no way that you're looking to remaster the moulds?

Bloody crying shame that!

:(
The Commander

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 01:38:49 PM »
Cheers Zaf!! You'll be getting my order when they are available!

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 08:32:11 PM »
Commander, at the moment, definitaly not. Later this year, I might make a new mold, if enough people will place a preorder. But I'll announce this as soon as I have sorted all the other stuff, like moving with the server, and setting up a new shop software.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »
Zafarelli you could try using gator foam for concrete slabs.  Then it would be easy to pockmark and make large cracks etc.  Nice work thus far.  Can't wait to see the finished boards!

Darkoath

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »
Looks good so far.

Personally i wouldn't worry too much about interchangability - the best terrain look generally comes from tailor-made boards, rather than symetrical ones.  Less options for rotating boards, but lets face it, how often to most people switch their boards around?

:)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »
Looks good so far.

Personally i wouldn't worry too much about interchangability - the best terrain look generally comes from tailor-made boards, rather than symetrical ones.  Less options for rotating boards, but lets face it, how often to most people switch their boards around?

:)

I know what you mean:

I'm just in the process of building my first of 3 4 foot x 2 foot modern boards Ack, what I'm trying to do is make plug in areas where I can interchange buildings around the set road/pavement setup, should look ok, each board with a slightly different theme.

i) urban residential
ii) urban industrial (so Zafarelli get casting!!! ;)).
iii) still undecided maybe a bit county, or a park or a little church/farm???

I will have them all be able to link through road/path layout.

I'll stick it on a separate thread when I get chance.

The Commander

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 04:20:43 PM »

I'm just in the process of building my first of 3 4 foot x 2 foot modern boards Ack, what I'm trying to do is make plug in areas where I can interchange buildings around the set road/pavement setup, should look ok, each board with a slightly different theme.

Those are some unusual sizes for the boards. Isn't 2' very narrow? Unless you're playing 15mm maybe, just curious thats all.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 04:48:59 PM »

Those are some unusual sizes for the boards. Isn't 2' very narrow? Unless you're playing 15mm maybe, just curious thats all.

No mate 2 foot wide urban boards for post apoc, zombie or future/modern war makes for very claustrophobic gaming! ;) Also it's a coffee table edition so looking at 1/2 games, quick action.

Anyway when the three are used together you've got a 4foot by 6foot table. (Remember no plasma cannons or titans here bud so no silly ranges!  :D).

Cheers though shows someone's listening!

;)

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 06:35:25 PM »
Darkoath, thanks for the tip, but it's too late for that. I already made the concrete and asphalt parts from cardboard. I'm already starting to regret that, as it has warped madly. I hope I can still save it with painted-on cracks, and some more gravel.

Regarding the interchangeability, I'm with you. At a stage where the two large concrete parts could still be interchanged, all you got was a slightly different empty space to put buildings on. So I decided to just leave it and concentrate on the floor texture. And I'll still have boards that are small enough to be easily stored and lugged around.

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
Re: WIP: 6-module board (new pictures 09.07.09)
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »
My site seems to down again, so don't wonder why the other pictures won't load.

I started detailing the boards, and finally found the time to take a few pictures of the progress:

Overall shot:

Grass tufts, made from sisal washing line. Currently, they are not glued down, but just strewn about the surface. I'll probably keep it that way:

One of the trap doors and an escaped mutant, all hungry (an older sculpt I finally managed to cast). His one leg is slightly longer, so he must be limping badly :)

And a close-up of the concrete floor. I varied the ground colour a bit, and started paint on cracks: