Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:09:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Ranger's Journey  (Read 24741 times)

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Re: A Ranger's Journey
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2022, 04:21:38 PM »
The pig fiend makes me think of the demon-possessed boars in Princess Mononoke but somehow much worse  :o  Great work!

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2022, 06:26:13 PM »
Another long hiatus, seems to be the rule rather than the exception these days. But I started cracking out the paints again of late, mostly in the realm of a grim galaxy but also decided I wanted to go put some work into the fantasy realm. I often find my paintjobs in the land of swords and chainmail come out better, at least to my own eyes. I painted another ranger, currently lacking in story and indeed with snow added to the base may be from some other adventure all together.

Offline stormfather

• Schoolboy
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2022, 11:01:17 PM »
Looking suitably grim and perilous! What’s your t3 unique for the snow? I’ve got a few frostgrave adventurers of my own who need their bases finished and I’m always on the lookout for snow tips.

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2022, 07:58:27 PM »
It's just Valhallan Blizzard from Games Workshop, nothing fancy.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2022, 10:47:57 AM »
Very fine ranger. I've not seen your other stuff, but the fantasy figurines you do them well.

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2022, 05:08:28 PM »
These will be a little bit of a repeat in a way, of miniatures I painted years ago. But figured they might deserve better photos.

Sir Danhar

Sir Amberden

Davech Winters

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2022, 04:32:44 AM »
The new pictures look great! I like your take on n the old Bretonnian models. For the knights, did you have to kitbash using legs from another set?

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2022, 02:32:26 PM »

Yeah, the legs are from Bretonnian Men-At-Arms, chopped off at the waist. A pretty simple conversion I found when I was looking at how people were doing bretonnian warbands for Mordheim where you might need your knights to hop off the horse.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2022, 03:02:55 PM »
Another long hiatus, seems to be the rule rather than the exception these days. But I started cracking out the paints again of late, mostly in the realm of a grim galaxy but also decided I wanted to go put some work into the fantasy realm. I often find my paintjobs in the land of swords and chainmail come out better, at least to my own eyes. I painted another ranger, currently lacking in story and indeed with snow added to the base may be from some other adventure all together.

Lovely looking figure. :)

Is he a 3D print or commercially available please?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2022, 03:56:11 PM »
He's from A Song of Ice and Fire, the unit is called Crannogman Trackers and that's the unit champion, of which there is only one per box.

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2022, 11:47:51 PM »
Hosted a public demo game down at the local club. Played through the first scenario.

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2022, 08:41:46 AM »
Not sure how I've missed this thread before but your stuff is awesome, especially the constructs and the pig beast.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2022, 04:17:06 AM »
Great grim dark figures, but their backstory style of writing is excellent.
Cheers

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2022, 12:16:16 PM »
Nice! Played the same scenario with Battle System's Fantasy Set, and the setup was *entirely* different.

Pretty interesting to see other's takes on the same scenario I played.

Because of ranged attacks, I pretty much cleared the board, while my ranger heroically ran around the board looting bodies and showing off his shiny looted sword.  :)
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2022, 07:16:14 PM »
I recently hosted a demo of Rangers of the Shadow Deep at a local convention with a custom scenario! The Rangers were sent out to find and rescue a priest of the King who had ran afoul of the Shadow's creatures. The rangers were to search between two objectives to find the man, and then move him off the board even as a terrible flesh golem picked up their trail just as they found the priest.

It was a good time, and I had people playing the game through most of the convention. I didn't manage to take many pictures during the play, focused as I was on hosting it. But here are a few.

And also the excellent display we were given to use at the event in the wargaming corner.