Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690903
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I Am Dalek! The (re)Birth Of An Empire...  (Read 18363 times)

Offline betterZthenDeaD

• Assistant
Re: I Am Dalek! The (re)Birth Of An Empire...
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 08:00:15 PM »
 :o :o :o

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 10:30:41 PM »
From that AEG can I assume that the Daleks had more than one Void Ship (I like DARDIS anme though!  :D)? I thought that 'dimensional engineering' may be the case... the ship that carried the Cult of Skaro looked a little 'bijou' inside! lol

can't remember if they built the Void Ship or not... I have an inkling that there may be a throw away line that it isn't Dalek technology... but they did build the DARDIS (think that name only appears in the novelisation or the script... never used on screen) and use it in the Chase and the Daleks Masterplan, it's a largish cabinet on the outside, but much larger inside... doesn't have a chameleon circuit though...

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/DARDIS

I dare not ask... but what is a dalek? It's from Doctor Who? Right?

they are... they crop up on here quite often as well... great space nazi aliens...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:39:37 PM by anevilgiraffe »

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 12:42:42 AM »
I dare not ask... but what is a dalek? It's from Doctor Who? Right?

I have never seen the programme and I don't think it's been on the television here in Denmark in the past 20 years.
Yes it has late at night on DR1, if we ever get to meet I'll lend you the first of the newer series on DVD (I've the others as well, but errr måske ikke helt lovligt). Been a while though I think it was 2 years ago they showed the first series, not seen the later ones.

Offline betterZthenDeaD

• Assistant
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 07:01:52 AM »
Am I right in thinking that they stole it from the Timelords? Also if that is the case could they have 'reverse engineered' further Void Ships? They are obviously capable of copying a TARDIS...

Btw AEG how's that Dalek Attack Saucer coming along?  :D

Also a slight update on my own Dalek Invasion Force... I now have six Micro Universe Daleks 'winging' their way to me via flEaBay! Along with the Black Tree ones (I'll let you know when they arrive) I have fourteen Daleks! My Invasion force hopefully will look something like this when completed:-

Black Dalek (Invasion Force Commander) - hopefully going for the gunmetal 'Dalek X/Dalek Sec' look!
Red Dalek (Second in command, pilot/engineer for the Void Ship) - very dark red with black bumps!

2x Engineer/Scientist Daleks (Reporting to Red Dalek, pilots) - boltgun metal with red heads

6x Warrior Daleks (Reporting to Black Dalek) - grey

2x Body Guards for Black Dalek - not sure wether to go for 'dirtied' Imperial colour scheme or to go for the 'Time War' dalek look?

2x Hoverbout Daleks (Reporting to Red Dalek, riding scratchbuilt hoverbouts!) - grey with red bumps and detailing (possibly red heads but will look to similiar to the engineer/scientist daleks

And eventually:
2x Spider Daleks (Black Daleks 'elite' weapons!) - grey

Hopefully going to base them all on old GW bases, a couple of them (the body guards especially!) will be flying or hovering. I'm also going to take another trip to Hobbycraft on my days off to look for a suitable polystyrene 'ball' for my Void Ship.

I may even have some pictures to show soon as well!

o_o

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 08:19:07 AM »
the Daleks stole what they called the Genesis Ark from the Timelords... but as they have had dimensional engineering in the past (the DARDIS) they probably could have made their own with less dramatic punch...  lol

Btw AEG how's that Dalek Attack Saucer coming along?  :D

http://frothersunite.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21490&start=20

:D

although it's not so much an attack anything now really...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:00:24 AM by anevilgiraffe »

Offline betterZthenDeaD

• Assistant
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
Just took a look...  :D
Looks ok to me. Have you got a pic of it next to a Dalek for a sense of scale?

Always seemed strange to me that Daleks never 'hardwired' themselves into their technology. Could save so much 'space' rather than all those travelling machines bumping around inside the saucers! More room for warrior Daleks too.

o_o

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 04:54:05 PM »
I did a scenario for the old FASA rpg where the PC TARDIS materialised on a Dalek Saucer... I had the pilot hardwired into a massive structure in the middle... dunno if that was ever in something though, doubt it was my idea...

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 05:10:51 PM »
Just took a look...  :D
Looks ok to me. Have you got a pic of it next to a Dalek for a sense of scale?

quite happy with the consoles like that, may extend them around at head height... the problem is, it's not very Daleky... nor is at human height... I could get a chair in and everything would be at the right level I guess, but I quite liked the idea of the Emperor slotting in there...

except he's a bit big for it really... even ignoring the base... hmmm... quite suits the Meep though... a nice red velvet command chair for him lol

like you said, a true dalek fighter would be a hardwired dalek... hmmm...

Offline betterZthenDeaD

• Assistant
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 05:18:30 PM »
The consoles look ok... maybe a scout ship with all that information processing equipment. Could you not do a sort of cryogenic tank with a Khaled mutanty type thing inside, robotic arms coming out to tap away at the controls? Eye stalks. That sort of thing. Rambling now. Will stop. Promise. Ok stopped now.

o_o

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »
I now have six Micro Universe Daleks 'winging' their way to me via flEaBay!

Curse you! I bet you've bid on the one finishing this afternoon as well!  :(
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline betterZthenDeaD

• Assistant
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 05:22:21 PM »
No I have more than enough to be going on with!

Just about to make a start on the hoverbouts though!

o_o

Offline betterZthenDeaD

• Assistant
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 09:32:19 PM »
Micro Universe Daleks arrived this morning! More than pleased with them... actually feel quite weighty for small plastic thingybobs! Will still base them on GW bases and weight them with washers to balance them out (hopefully!) with the BTD ones. Now I just have to crack on with removing their 'integral' bases!

o_o

Offline betterZthenDeaD

• Assistant
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »
Slight update! Micro 'Verse Daleks converted, rebased... camera battery gone dead!  >:(

Slight change of plan too...  ::) Now have the four members of The Cult of Skaro waiting to be painted! Four Micro Micro 'verse Daleks rebased, two of which are in mid flight! (Daleks Jast and Thay for those who, like me, are anal enough to know the names!) Dalek Caan has had his dome slightly re-postioned. Dalek Caan (the traitor!  :D) remains 'un-enhanced (do you see the irony..? Do you..? Oh, ok). Just need to pop to hobby craft for a polystyrene ball, sorry Void Ship and at the same time fork out another tenner for a bloody camera battery!  :(

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 09:17:26 PM »
fork out another tenner for a bloody camera battery!  :(

it doesn't use AA rechargables?  :?

Offline betterZthenDeaD

• Assistant
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 07:04:55 AM »
No it uses some freaky dilithium crystal powered battery that costs a tenner if you buy the Duracell one and a tenner if you buy Boots 'own brand'!?!  ;D

Sending the wife and kids into town this morning to get one while I get some sleep!

o_o