Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:27:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Black Army Green: FC Julian, Private Eye (NEW PHOTOS)  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
New Black Army Green: FC Julian, Private Eye (NEW PHOTOS)
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:12:32 AM »
Hello, everyone.

The latest from Leandro Ventic. This is another denzien of the International Settlement, detective FC Julian.

Classically educated in his youth, then hardened by service in France and the Middle East, Julian has an unusual talent - he can literally sniff out the magical, the otherworldly, the arcane. According to FC julian, most human beings are so used to these things that they no longer pay attention to them - they are merely filtered out background noise; unfortunately, FC has no such filter... which has proven very useful in his chosen vocation, especially in Shanghai, where absolutely nothing is as it seems.

A man without a country, in a time and place not his own... Julian has little idea just what a pivotal role he will play in the unfolding events.

FC Julian is a character of my own creation from the unpublished novel upon which the Shanghai, 1930 setting is partly based. He was well executed by Mr. Ventic.

Photos have been updated since initial post.
Comments, questions, etc.. always welcome.

Doc
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:37:12 AM by Doc Twilight »

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Black Army Green: FC Julian, Private Eye
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »
I like him and the pose is very dynamic

one thing , trousers seem a bit short, what do you think

nice pair of carpet slippers though   :D

dodge

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:24:19 AM »
Superb face and I like the "chunky" detail on the clothing which suits him nicely. Was not sure what was going on with the hair but it sounds like that has already been addressed. Great sculptor find DT.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:28:21 AM »
Dodge and Svenn -

The clothes are definitely period (as are that style of loafers/shoes) and I agree with Svenn, I think the style that Leandro chose to put him in suits the body type. You do have a good point, Dodge, but amazingly, this is totally in period and appropriate for a man living in the early thirties. Honestly, I do think he wears it well.

The hair was based upon some initial illustrations I sent to Leandro and faithfully copied to a t; it was my mistake, not his. He's since removed that "dip" in the hair, and it looks pretty darn good, I think. When I get him in, I'll try to take another picture so that you can see the changes. (Edit: This part is now done. Just check the images above.)

I definitely found a good sculptor in Leandro. He contacted me not long after I posted some of Curtis' work, and was very interested in sculpting for me. I hope to have him do more as the range grows.

Glad you like him, guys.

EDIT: Just found some of the new pics on my Mac. I apparently didn't delete them from this machine. Will update shortly.
-Doc
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:39:57 AM by Doc Twilight »

Offline TadPortly

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.oxfordhousehold.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 08:30:57 AM »
Beautiful sculpt - the shoes firmly plant him in the 70s+ Ideal for Sweeny Stylee biff-ups  :D
They were all drawn to the Keep; the soldiers who brought death; the father and daughter fighting for life; the people who have always feared it; and the one man who knows its secret....

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 08:38:32 AM »
Beautiful sculpt - the shoes firmly plant him in the 70s+ Ideal for Sweeny Stylee biff-ups  :D

Thank you, Tad!  And yes, Tad is correct, the style wouldn't be out of place for 70s or even 80s style stuff. Those extraordinarily tacky shoes have been with humanity for far too long;) So there's another reason for you to go out and buy a bakers dozen of clones;)

-Doc

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 08:41:52 AM »
Yeah seriously I do like him a lot,

I was only having a tiny joke about the slippers

dodge

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 08:44:04 AM »
Yeah seriously I do like him a lot,

I was only having a tiny joke about the slippers

dodge

Oh, I know:) My wife said the same thing. She wanted to know if I was also having Leandro sculpt him a pipe and a snifter of Brandy;)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Black Army Green: FC Julian, Private Eye (NEW PHOTOS)
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 09:01:15 AM »
 :D lol

that wouldn't really work,

senses the magical vibes and goes for his brandy bottle for fortification  lol

not very heroic, but possibly understandable  :D

dodge

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 09:06:16 AM »
Face is really great, clothing, too. 

But I can't get past the fact that from his elbow to wrist is as long as his crotch to ankle.  Must be a genetic problem.   

Get your excellent new sculptor to start with a dollie which has human proportions, and the figures will be perfect.

Chick
"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."

Offline Bulldog

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 04:35:19 AM »
Being a new guy to the Pulp games and figures, I must say, I truly like this sculpt.  He seems just slightly out of place, there's something different about him.  I am enjoying the pose, because you don't know what he's reaching for underneath his jacket.  It could be a .45 he's going for, a book, a flask or perhaps an item of arcane power...or maybe just some "travelling papers."   ;)   

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 07:04:11 AM »
Being a new guy to the Pulp games and figures, I must say, I truly like this sculpt.  He seems just slightly out of place, there's something different about him.  I am enjoying the pose, because you don't know what he's reaching for underneath his jacket.  It could be a .45 he's going for, a book, a flask or perhaps an item of arcane power...or maybe just some "travelling papers."   ;)   

Thanks, Bull. I'm grateful you like him. That's the feel we were going for - slightly out of place. I hope to have him in production soon. Will let everybody know when that batch goes to the caster.

-Doc

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 08:32:51 AM »
You know, my first thought was of a pulp Constantine, which was confirmed after reading the fluff. :)

Now when can we start buying some of these figures?  8)

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »
And just when will these figures be available to add to my adventure games?  I hate being tortured like this.  I really would like to add the Phantom as well.

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 03:15:42 PM »
That is a really nice looking figure. What scale is it? Who will be selling it? When will it be available?
Thanks in advance.
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!