Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:44:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Black Army Green! Mystery Figure revealed.  (Read 6843 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: New Black Army Green! Mystery Figure revealed.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »
Corto Maltese books go for that kind of silly money on Amazon. I've got Corto Maltese in Africa, bought it from a Nostalgia and Comics bargain bin for about 50p, fifteen or so years ago. It's currently ?148 on Amazon.co.uk.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »
Hopefully not taking anything away from this thread and the wonderful sculpt, I just thought that the "five fists" cover looked like my sort of thing and hopped over to Amazon - ?84.00 :o

...or go to your local Waterstone's - they should be able to get it from bertrams, or stock transferred from another branch... ideally not branch 732 though, otherwise I'd have nothing to sell...

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 07:39:04 PM »
I found it on PLAY for ?56....... although Play itself has it listed at ?7.99 however given the lead time I'm expecting an email saying they can't get it. Figured it was worth a try though.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 09:15:05 PM »
Hello, all,

Very grateful that all of you like him. I was very excited to share him with you, and I can see it was well placed. He's definitely one of my personal heroes. And I'm -certain- Edison had some sort of pact with the Devil, the dirty rotter;)

Anyway, in answer to some of your questions (sorry if I miss anything), no, there's nothing wrong with his hand. I suspect it's a trick of the photo, and the fact that it's folded against his back. He was originally sculpted with his hand on his temple, a favorite pose in his photographs, but I didn't feel it looked "right" in the standing position. Keep in mind that, as with the other figures, he will loose some of his mass when molded/cast, so things are a tiny bit exaggerated. I suspect that once Tesla's been through the molding process, the hand'll look a lot more natural to you.

Tesla girls. I just looked them up, and saw a video best left forgotten in the pages of my childhood;)

As for Kublacon, it's likely that they won't be available by then, sorry:( They haven't been molded yet, and there are several in the Shanghai range that aren't yet complete, so it's probably not realistic to hope that they'll be molded and ready to go by the end of May. If, however, they are, I will bring a supply of whatever I can scrounge with me. Like I said earlier, the goal is to get them into production at some point this summer. Hopefully that'll work. But at the very least, it should only be a few months (And I know, to a wargamer, that's like a decade, believe me).

At the moment, I unfortunately have been outbid on that other figure I was talking about (Golgo Island got him), but we will still have
approximately thirteen to come. Depending upon what the casting/molding costs look like, I might commission a couple more, too, but nothing solid on that yet. That might include those dogs I was talking about. Will really have to wait and see.

I am considering adding vehicles to the range in the future (basically the Champions of History concept, but in vehicle form), but they will more than likely -not- show up in this particular wave. I still need to find someone who'll do vehicles, and they tend to cost a bit more to commission than your average 28mm figure. On the other hand, one only needs to commission one or two of them, rather than an assortment of poses.

Oh, and Bob, as for ordering across the pond, I'm sure we can work something out;)

-Doc

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:17:37 PM by Doc Twilight »

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »
I have the book (but I do not know the cost, it was a gift) and its lovely.

I second the rest requests/comments about the Tesla girls!
I also noticed some very nice figures like the armoured one etc.
argsilverson

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 11:01:24 AM »
Anyway, in answer to some of your questions (sorry if I miss anything), no, there's nothing wrong with his hand. I suspect it's a trick of the photo, and the fact that it's folded against his back. He was originally sculpted with his hand on his temple, a favorite pose in his photographs, but I didn't feel it looked "right" in the standing position. Keep in mind that, as with the other figures, he will loose some of his mass when molded/cast, so things are a tiny bit exaggerated. I suspect that once Tesla's been through the molding process, the hand'll look a lot more natural to you.

OK, might be the angle/lighting/somewhat... nice mini, anyway  :)

Tesla girls. I just looked them up, and saw a video best left forgotten in the pages of my childhood;)

Hmmm... can't remember that video, but I'll look it up, now  ;)

I am considering adding vehicles to the range in the future (basically the Champions of History concept, but in vehicle form), but they will more than likely -not- show up in this particular wave. I still need to find someone who'll do vehicles, and they tend to cost a bit more to commission than your average 28mm figure. On the other hand, one only needs to commission one or two of them, rather than an assortment of poses.

Sounds promising to me....

EDIT:
Watched the video.
I still think that if one uses him as a VSF or Pulp villainous master mind, he needs some female lab assistants  >:D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:07:31 AM by Argonor »
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 08:40:54 PM »
Awesome! How does he scale up to other ranges?

You know what would be cool? Tesla Troopers (as seen in Red Alert 2)...

I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »
Awesome! How does he scale up to other ranges?

You know what would be cool? Tesla Troopers (as seen in Red Alert 2)...

He's sculpted to be approximately 28mm, so he should scale up well with Pulp, Brigade, etc. When I have him physically in my hands I can give you a more precise measurement, but the general idea is to make these as close to 28mm as possible, allowing for  natural variations in height, etc.

-Doc