Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:43:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Black Army Green - John Dillinger by Leandro Ventic (Warning: Pic Heavy)  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Well, here he is. Indiana born bank robber-come-folk-hero, John Dillinger, by Leandro Ventic. Leandro finished him a while ago, but other things got in the way of my posting him, including my stupidly misplacing the shots.

Anyway, John here is around 28mm tall (will know the precise measurements when I have the green in hand). He is dressed in an actual favorite outfit, including his favorite snap brim fedora (I own one myself - and I like 'em too). Leandro modelled John with an open hand and three weapon options: Dillinger's specially modified Super 38, a Tommy gun, and a 22 target pistol, which was very commonly used by gangsters of the era.

I think Tobi did a fantastic job, as always. And the face, once aqain, is a pretty accurate likeness. In this case, I asked Leandro to sculpt him -without- the moustache, so that those who buy John can decide whether to leave him clean shaven or paint one on. Note the very good attention to historical details of the coat, vest, tie, etc. Is this guy talented, or what?! I've been very lucky to have four amazing people - Tobias Asche,  James Van Schaik, Curtis Fell, and Leandro Ventic - sculpting for me. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Here are some shots, including some images holding all three weapons. The weapons are held a bit loosely and perhaps at odd angles, but that's because they aren't permanently attached.

-Doc

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nice Job, I like the choice of guns, but somehow it does not scream Dillinger to me.  A nice Gangster thou.
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
Your guy is obviously a very good sculptor.  I'm most impressed with his faces; both here and on Mata Hari.  The strange thing about this mini, however, is the jacket.  It looks too bulky and has really thick edges, as if Dillinger was first sculpted in a vest and shirt, and the jacket sculpted over as an afterthought.  Kind of strange.  Only apparent, of course, in these extreme closeups.

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
And when can I add these figures to my "Pulp" Armies.  I haven't seen the Mata hari Figure but I know I would like to add her to my Gaming Collection.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
I love those weapon choices. Especially the first one.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
I love those weapon choices. Especially the first one.

Thanks, Bako:) The super 38 was something I wanted to do, since it was so different. I'm glad the other two worked out, as well.

Mancha -

That bulkiness that you see might be slightly reduced in casting. They are always built a little beefier in "green" form.

Leaps -

John and Mata Hari should be available by October. Sooner if the first wave sells well. All I need to do is fill out that first mold of eight. I also plan to include four more characters for Shanghai - three of them by Curtis (assuming he's willing and available), and one more by Leandro, who is going to be doing the Japanese for Shanghai, 1930, if all goes according to plan.

The second set of eight will be all troop types. Japanese infantry and some special soldiers for Fu'Xian, if I have my druthers.

-Doc

Offline Baldrick

• Bookworm
Looks good.
I have a cunning plan... as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
Thanks, Bako:) The super 38 was something I wanted to do, since it was so different. I'm glad the other two worked out, as well.

You're welcome, and it definitely is. I will be getting myself one of these.