Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:13:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690926
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Urban Zombie board Thread: resurrection 2023!  (Read 173467 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Oh yeah received some very nice scenery and other bits and pieces from the guys over at Black Cat bases: http://www.blackcatbases.com/product.asp?strPageHistory=category&numSearchStartRecord=0&strParents=135&CAT_ID=135&P_ID=453&btnProduct=Products...

Stock photo, will post up once painted.  Very nice welcome additions, the computers look ace too!

The Commander

Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Nice, looking forweard to seeing your modified rules 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
The table looks fantastic and this regularly updated thread is really great  8)

(It also helps that I can actually see your pictures while at work, which isnt always the case with other threads unfortunately)

I am looking forward to the upcoming painting and gaming threads very much too.

Can you elaborate on the Hotwheels bikes a little please?  I have never had any luck finding modern motorcycle toys that are roughly in 28mm scale.  Have you had better luck?  Some cheap bikes to populate my miniature streets would be pretty cool...

Cheers mate,

Well they are the hotwheels 'chopper bikes' that you can usually find in any good pound (or euro) shop. In the uk This is it! tends to have them in abundance, as do tesco's. Woolworth's used to be the place but sadly no more.

For other bikes check out Doug's stuff at EM-4 miniatures:

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/MOTORBIKES.html

Or westwinds roadkill range:

http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=106_107

Hope this helps

The Commander

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box

Well they are the hotwheels 'chopper bikes' that you can usually find in any good pound (or euro) shop. In the uk This is it! tends to have them in abundance, as do tesco's. Woolworth's used to be the place but sadly no more.

I will check out Tescos then, I dont think that we have This is it! over here.  Thanks for the tip :)

For other bikes check out Doug's stuff at EM-4 miniatures:

<snip>

Or westwinds roadkill range:

I have a couple of the EM4 (Grenadier?) bikes and they are great.  The Westwind guys look like fun too.  The stuff I am looking for however, is more along the line of cheap street dressing, rather than actual centre stage gaming "figures".  Its a bit like using toy cars: inexpensive and usable with the minimum of effort, leaving more time to get stuck in to the "character" models, y'know? 

Hotwheels choppers sound like just the thing.

Hope this helps

It does, thanks again.

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
Really nice set-up you've got there Commander!!!  8)
Sorry I haven't posted before I've been distracted from all things Modern Zed by Victoriana and real life stuff...

When I finally move house I'll be able to leave a table set up all the time ( all my Zed stuff is safely packed at the moment!)

Regards
PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist

I got these guys! Almost got them finished too. I like them.

I only got one type of front sections so they're all kind of looking alike in that ass-speck.  >:(

I've still got some detailing to do, then I was toying with the idea of posting a picture here... but my painting really sucks. Almost os much as my photography.  :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:32:52 AM by warrenss2 »
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Hey Rob,

Did these about 8 years ago. Only used them cause I didn't get time to finish the table proper before my visit to my mates.

The mesh I got from my local railway shop at the time, used plastic sprue for the posts, foamboard for the base, hot glue gun to fix the posts to the base then fuse wire to twist the fencing to the posts.  I then used polyfiller, which sand and gravel. All sprayed black and painted up then flocked:

I thought so it didn't fit with the new board. You should be able to drill guide holes for the fence posts right into the MDF board so you can cover it with grass mat. I gather you intend to swap out fence pieces with park pieces for a new layout every game. Nice.

I am going to make some proper uptodate urban ones like the ones I've seen in L4D on the 360 so I'll post up a how to then, but really easy to do once you find the right mesh.

And yup the cars are as said, the only one I've played with was the police range rover:

Did that a while ago too, (old pic sorry).

Will dirty up the rest over time too. Hotwheels bikes are great too, an idea borrowed from Pappa M, again need to paint em up.

Cheers all
Very nice minimalist paint job Commander. The 1/43 scale cars are very cheap but some of them seem a little too big. I must say you create one hell of  a popular thread here Commander.  ;)

Rob

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
I never imagine that paiper buildings can be so cool .
Very good work .
I like the police car !!

Grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
The police car is wonderful - very nicely done! - and the board is simply amazing. It looks like it must be a joy to play on. It's the sort of board (in terms of quality) I keep meaning to build, and this thread is great motivation. Keep it coming!
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Excellent board fella, really excellent. 8)

I get the lorries from Asda and cars from Tesco. Asda cars are too big.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
no massive thought process,

A man after my own heart  lol

Lovely work Mark - I previously doubted that the printed buildings could give the right feel, but you've proved me wrong in spades!  Particularly like the Petrol Station - makes me want to torch it, for some reason.... ;)

Someone mentioned the original Nightmare on Froth Street Rules - they can be found on the following linky (a bit tarted up with gore - the draft copy fit onto a doubleside of A4). 

http://frothersunite.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19217

Look forward to seeing Vyper's additions/amends at some point - who knows, we might even get a game in at some point.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.

Lovely work Mark - I previously doubted that the printed buildings could give the right feel, but you've proved me wrong in spades!  Particularly like the Petrol Station - makes me want to torch it, for some reason.... ;)

Someone mentioned the original Nightmare on Froth Street Rules - they can be found on the following linky (a bit tarted up with gore - the draft copy fit onto a doubleside of A4). 

http://frothersunite.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19217

Look forward to seeing Vyper's additions/amends at some point - who knows, we might even get a game in at some point.

Cheers Matt,

Links broken (just tested it and domain's down).

I will post up the 'enhanced' rules at some stage but just to whett your appetito!

Enhanced rules for zombie spawning points.
Zombie 'moan'
Enhanced rules for 'fast' zombies.
New rules for dog zombies.
Survivors in combat
Wounded survivors: (turning).
Carrying wounded players.
Medical kits.
New shotgun rules (with the let him have it option).

;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.

We did manage to blow it in game 3, RPG round only thing we had to hand big enough was a 12" LP for blast radius..... 28 zombies down, several wandering about in flames setting off further explosions!

Toasty!

And definately yes to a game, if you ever get over to Duff's he's not that far away from me up there in brizzel!

The Commander
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:34:55 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline The Rock

• Librarian
Wow! It's fantastic solution for zombie's games

Offline Skunkape

• Bookworm
    • http://www.johnprime.com/games.php
Thanks for posting the link to the ScaleScenes website. I'll have to buy some of their product for a CarWars board I'm looking at building.

By the way, the terrain you've done looks very good!
Skunk

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars &amp; Black Eyed Peas