Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:47:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 572
Total: 574

Recent

Author Topic: Urban Zombie board Thread: resurrection 2023!  (Read 173453 times)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: Urban Zombie board Thread: Attention Shoppers! NEW PICS and builds!
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2009, 04:57:45 PM »
The planters are brilliant. Plus you have amazing time management skills. Absolute commitment to the project.
Mucho respect.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Oliver

• Librarian
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »
Lovely! Looking brilliant so far!
Will look forward to updates, oh and I hope you took pics of your game  ;D be lovely to see it all in action ;)

Offline Ironblood

• Bookworm
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »
Absolutely love those planters, simple and good looking!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2009, 07:11:24 PM »
25th November evening: D-day!

Well left work two hours later than expected Wednesday night, (bloody staff!) so all hope of completing the board before setting off at 5:45am on Thursday was heading out of the window. However I managed to wrap the front paving sections, and the left hand side grassed area, raised paving.

Oh yeah, a few bits and pieces turned up from Fenris games, (cheers Ian, speedy delivery as ever), which will help to set the scene for my latest board.

Everything was then packed up (including materials to finish the board) for the 270 mile trip east.

Dun DUN DA!! :D
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »
Thursday 26th November evening: Gaming!

Everything unpacked and set up. (Mall front section still not built at this time so we had to use our ‘imagination’). An incomplete table but it didn’t stop us playing two brilliant games:

Game One:

Evacuate!

Buzzzzzz!!!!!!!! All civilian’s make your way to the nominated evacuation centre. All civilian’s make your way to the nominated evacuation centre. The Lion’s Mall Shopping Centre is your nominated evacuation centre. BUZZ!!!

Ray and the priest looked at each other as the radio signal died.

‘Well, it beats hanging around waiting to be eaten I suppose? It’s only about half a mile to the south, we could easily make it’

‘Lead the way, my son’.

Ray turned to the two bikers who had sought refuge in the building last night.

‘You two staying here or coming with us?’

‘Well we ain’t no fans of the military buddy, but if you think we’re staying here to get bit like the rest of the gang, think again’.

The four unlikely companions removed the barricade from the door, Ray slowly opened the door…

‘Right then, shall we?’

The Game:

The Lion’s Mall (Yup play on word's here) has been designated as an evac point for this area of the town. Military vehicles are standing by to ferry survivors out of the sector.

The Army:

Military forces have been instructed to provide covering fire for any survivors attempting to reach the centre, however they have been ordered to remain within the centre compound and will not engage the enemy at close quarters nor will they move to help any survivors in danger, other than covering fire as stated.

8 troopers in NBC gear (1 SAW, 1 Missile launcher, 6 automatic weapons).

The Survivors:

The four survivors need to make their way across the southern district of Hope’s End, (yup named the gaming area now! ;)) and get to the relative safety of the Lion’s Mall Shopping Centre evacuation point.

Ray: Shotgun and cricket bat.
Priest: Shotgun and a whole lotta faith.
Brock: Automatic weapon.
Huey:  Automatic weapon.

Any zombies out there?

Lots!

Memorable moments:

i) Priest taking three wounds, collapsing and turning only to be shot four times by Brock and Huey, with the final shot through the head!

Amen to that brother!

ii) A stupid number of black cards balanced by a very timely run of survivor turns allowing the three to just escape the zombies massing by the garage and arrive at the evac point whilst the army started to pull back.

iii) Zombies breaking through from behind the confinement fencing ripping it down and swarming through behind the survivors.

iv) Timely support from the military allowed the survivors to break through the last wave of zombies as the convoy was prepping to leave!

Game Two summary later….

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2009, 08:45:32 PM »
Just love this stuff!! Keep it up.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2009, 08:57:24 AM »
Excellent! The card secenery fits in perfectly with the more 3D stuff. The figures and vehicles are very well done too, to give an all-round gorgeous-looking game  ;D

Not too impressd by the giant escape doors in the last pic though  :?

;)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2009, 11:23:21 AM »
Commander V you are, I think, the master of printed scenery.  Excellent.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »
This thread is absolutely gorgeous, Commander! I wouldn't have thought that a Zombie board could ever be on my wish list, but after re-reading this entire thread it feels very difficult to resist ... But I must stand firm!

Hopefully.
 8)

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #264 on: December 01, 2009, 04:33:57 PM »
Excellent game report!  I love your zombie photographs... They really give you a feeling of impending zombie doom! :D

Also love the planters! :-*

Darkoath

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #265 on: December 01, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »
Looks like a Blast...

I'd like to echo everyone else and say you're choice of card scenery and accessories really work. I especially like the fences, they're very effective.

The zombies are well painted, I love the style dark and gritty :-D

Can't wait to see more!

Cheers
Andy

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #266 on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »
Cheers all:

Game Two:

Canned Meat.

Smith looked out of the side window as the humvee he was in bounced along the deserted streets of Hope’s End.

‘So why are we going back then sarge? Didn’t we just leave this party?’

‘A group of around 20 survivors got into the mall and barricaded themselves in after the evacuation order was given. The mayor’s wife and daughter are in there’. Sigma and Gamma squads have been ‘requested’ to go in there and secure the area for further evac.

‘Yeah but the whole place is swarming with zed’s!!! How do we even know their still ok in there? What if one of them got bit sir? It only takes one bite sir, you KNOW that?'

Stevens joined in…‘I didn’t make it this far to become ghoul food for the sake of some local politician’s dumb ass family!’

I say again….Sigma and Gamma squads have been ‘requested’ to go in there and secure the area for further evac soldier do I make my self crystal clear?

Sir, yes sir. At least the humvee’s will get us in and out quick!

‘I’d be much happier in one of those damn turtleback’s. What did the quartermaster mean, ‘they’re not back from the shop yet?’ Damn engineers how long does it take to refit these anyway….

As the pair of humvees headed up mainstreet the zombies were on the move. Stevens through his sight could see them heading towards the main entrance, with more and more moving towards the shutters. ‘Those won’t hold for ever…. Canned meat, he thought to himself…. And chuckled, before looking up at the canvas roof of the humvee and swallowed hard.

Sgt Deter turned to his radio operator. 'Pack, get gamma on the radio, I have an idea…..'

The Game:

After the evacuation withdrawal, a group of around 20 survivors managed to get to the mall and barricaded themselves in. They were able make contact with the military and requested aide.

They would have been left to fend for themselves, if for the fact that the mayor’s wife and daughter were amongst the survivors.

Zombies were massing on the shuttered entrances and barricades. It was only a matter of time till they got in.

Two squads with humvees have been ordered to go in there and secure the area for further evac of the survivors.

The Army:

Military forces have been instructed to sweep and clear the area of zombies, main priority of the mission is to secure the ‘package’ and survivors and await for pickup.

Sigma squad
  • 4 troopers in NBC gear (4 automatic weapons with scopes +1).
    1 humvee

Gamma squad
  • 4 troopers in NBC gear (1 SAW, 1 Missile launcher, 3 automatic weapons).
    1 humvee

The Survivors:

Not visible for the purposes of the game. Basically, if the barricades and shutters don’t hold, everyone inside the Lion’s mall is zombie food.

Note: (The each shutter was been given a +25 defence against a ‘close combat’ attack. Meaning that there needs to be a large number of zombies present in order to physically overpower the defences. Basically one zombie rocking the shutters will do nothing but 20+ and there’s a chance that the Mall will be open for business!).

Memorable moments:

Road Traffic accident:

Gamma squad took the direct approach, running down 13 zombies on their way to the Mall, and throwing their humvee into the jersey barriers to block the main entrance to the parking area.

Sigma shot left passed the petrol station, sending Brock’s chopper bike flying into the air and taking out a couple of zombies as it landed!

Sweep and Clear:

Gamma's  move held up the onslaught long enough for Sigma to clear the entrance to the Mall.

Though it was a close call as by the time they engaged the zombies there were around 30 or so on the shutters and another 40 odd heading towards both squads. On the next zombie turn they would have been in the mall and it would have meant game over.

Result: Victory for Sigma and Gamma, survivors and package secured. No loss of life. NBC suits were nibbled a bit in close combat but no one was bitten.

Next up: Mall front completed.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:16:39 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #267 on: December 01, 2009, 09:49:53 PM »
Lovely!

But I wants to see the Mall....
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #268 on: December 01, 2009, 10:06:37 PM »
Lovely!

But I wants to see the Mall....

Patience young one, all will be revealed later! :D

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2009, 10:24:43 PM »
Absolutely Stunning, Cmdr! Absolutely Stunning!!!
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.