Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690722
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: One more out of my box of shame.  (Read 892 times)

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
One more out of my box of shame.
« on: August 03, 2020, 12:06:35 PM »
I am in between projects and needed something to work on.  The basic structure of the house was built back in 2015 and it has sat in the box of shame ever since.  Finished panelling, the interior and basic paint.  Needs touch-ups, weathering and a roof.
 https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Z5GP21VlUfo/XyfrXv6F0ZI/AAAAAAAADWc/m9lrvK11SAk8oglDX8071Zc044SJ5-rWQCLcBGAsYHQ/s2048/IMG_1702.jpg[/img]

A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline PhilB

• Scientist
    • A Dragontooth Grognard
Re: One more out of my box of shame.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 05:32:04 PM »
That is a *brilliant* interior! I can tell that a lot of work went into it.

One question: did you paint the interior walls prior to assembly, or after assembly?

I ask because I've come to the conclusion that I have to finish the interior detailing of the walls prior to assembly, if only because it's so difficult to paint stuff on the inside. The furniture can be painted and then inserted (loose, or glued down) but not the walls, window frames and so on.

Great job, and great furniture!

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 07:50:02 PM »
Thanks for the comp. 
One question: did you paint the interior walls prior to assembly, or after assembly?
Did it in sub-assemblies.  Walls on their own.  Floors with some bits glued on.  Furniture and the rest.  I pinned all the furniture in an attempt to stop it from falling off.  The Hirst arts blocks made it easy to build the assemblies separately. 

Offline PhilB

• Scientist
    • A Dragontooth Grognard
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 07:59:22 PM »
I notice there are no doors in the doorways. Was this a decision based on playability? Or did it just not fit into your concept of the building?

I love your furniture. There's this one small square table with a flower-shaped vase on top that has legs made from the same textured toothpicks that I used recently for railings around open stairwells. Excellent work, I am envious of your scratchbuilding skills. I'm definitely going to make a few pieces of furniture using those toothpicks.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 08:03:18 PM »
I notice there are no doors in the doorways. Was this a decision based on playability? Or did it just not fit into your concept of the building?
I rarely build doors.  In a wargame it does not matter.  In a skirmish or story based game I can use a counter or make a moveable door.  I build all doorways the same size so can use movable counters on multiple buildings.