Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Blackstone Fortress miniatures  (Read 3700 times)

Offline MaaX

• Scientist
    • Facebook blog with my work
Blackstone Fortress miniatures
« on: February 05, 2021, 02:56:11 PM »
Hi all, I received Blackstone Fortress board game almost 2 years ago for my birthday. Since then I painted everything from the core box and Dreded Ambul expansion.
I also bought some more expansions recently which are still in progress. Below you can see everything I painted so far, enjoy!

Lord Obsidius Mallex and Black Legionaries

Two, 7 man squads. Each consist of a Leader, Flamer operator, Grenadier, two marksmen and two close quarter fighters.

Close-ups

Negavolt Cultists:

Spindle Drones:

Four Ur-Ghuls, they are small monsters roaming the depths of the Blackstone Fortress. First three are painted with "normal" paints.

And this one is painted using colorshift paint from Green Stuff World.

This is a Rouge Psyker, I wanted to make him look like he is bleeding from mouth, noes ears and eyes. As if he suffered from using his mental powers.

Here is the second Psyker.

Group shot of the two.

And 4 Chaos Beastmen.

Finished my first explorer - UR-025 Robot:

It is a thinking machine and one of the legendary "Men of Iron" sentient robots who - according to the background story - threatened the earlier human civilization of the Dark Age of Technology many millennia ago. This is a very old robot so I went with the "old" look.

Taddeus the Purifier is a zealot Ministorum Priest who follows visions he believes were given to him by the Emperor. This has led Taddeus to join a group of explorers searching for a new Blackstone Fortress.

Dahyak Grekh is a mercenary Kroot tracker who has joined a group exploring a new Blackstone Fortress that has appeared in the galaxy. Through eating many unfortunate inhabitants of the Fortress and thus assuming their memories, Grekh has learned much of its mysteries.

Another explorer finished - Two Rattling brother Rein and Raus, while there is two of them they still count as one "player" :D

Espern Locarno - Navigator

Espern is a sanctioned mutant tasked with rediscovering cargo which belong to his house by ancient right, as well as technologies to refine the ill-understood processes of warp travel.

Pious Vorne - Missionary Zealot

Once a hive ganger, Pious Vorne now fights alongside Taddeus the Purifier, having discovered the joys of faith (not to mention burning heretics). Vorne has a pathological love of incendiary execution and seeks to slay any heretics who see the Blackstone Fortress as a refuge from the Emperor’s light.

Amallyn Shadowguide

Amallyn Shadowguide is an Eldar Ranger who has thrown her lot in with a group of explorers searching for a new Blackstone Fortress.

Janus Draik - Rogue Trader

Janus Draik is renowned duelist, diplomat, and captain of the Draikstar.He has pushed forward the Imperium's boundaries in the Segmentum Pacificus for decades. Exploring the uncharted regions outside Imperial Space, he searches for rare commodities to sell to Humanity's ruling elite.

My first expansion set the Dreaded Ambull.

Ambull itself...

...and Borewyrm Infestations

Blackstone Fortress Escalation - Only bad guys so far, The Cultists of Abyss

Cultist Firebrand

Champion

Heavy Weapons

Riflemen

I bought and painted another squad of traitor guardsmen from the base game. This time I went for freshly-turned and less Chaosy look.

Another explorer- Neyam Shai Murad - Rogue Trader

Having taken to the stars as an Arch-militant, Murad's skill at arms is such that she inherited her master's Warrant of Trade. Since then, she has continued traveling the fringes of Imperial space, conquering dozens of worlds. Upon learning of the existence of a Blackstone Fortress, Murad charted a course to the Western Reaches, determined to obtain the potent weapon for humanity.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: Blackstone Fortress miniatures
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 06:40:58 AM »
Well done! I've been working through the models from the base game off an on for the last few months. Like you I've had the game for a while now. ::)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 09:30:17 AM »
Wow  :o ! You've been very busy! Fantastic work on those... so much to comment on but I don't know where to start... so I'll just say FANTASTIC  :-* !

I look forward to what comes next :) .

Offline MaaX

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 09:38:43 AM »
Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it. :)

I'm working on more explorers from the Escalation expansion.
I also have some more bad guys from the base game and two more expansions - Ascensions and the one with Death Guard.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 10:18:37 AM »
Every once a in a while I you with getting into 40k and it’s threads like this that act as inspiration.

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 10:33:50 AM »
Nice work on those minis 👍

Offline MaaX

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 04:20:23 PM »
Thank you!

Every once a in a while I you with getting into 40k and it’s threads like this that act as inspiration.
Yeah I like going back to 40k from my historical stuff.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 09:41:35 PM »
That's the game that is the SciFi/40K version of Hero Quest, right?

That is an outstanding collection, MaaX - thanks for the pictures!  Excellent figures with lots of character, and you have really done them justice. I especially like the (corrupted) Imperial Guard figures.

Offline MaaX

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 09:59:54 PM »
That's the game that is the SciFi/40K version of Hero Quest, right?
The fantasy version was called Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower if that's what you meant.

That is an outstanding collection, MaaX - thanks for the pictures!  Excellent figures with lots of character, and you have really done them justice. I especially like the (corrupted) Imperial Guard figures.
Thank you!

Offline MaaX

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 03:54:26 PM »
I painted another character - Gotfret De Montbard

Gotfret de Montbard is a Crimson Cardinals Crusader, who served in an Imperial Crusade that was sent into an uncharted area of Segmentum Pacificus, in order to find an ancient apocalyptic artefact.

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 02:21:16 AM »
Awesome work!
I should be painting right now.

Offline MaaX

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 08:02:14 AM »
Thank you!

Offline MaaX

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 08:25:23 AM »
Another Playable Character - Aradia Madellan

Aradia now serves as a psychic attache to the Rogue Trader Neyam Shai Murad. The Psyker's precognitive visions have guided Murade in her quests through the uncharted reaches of the galaxy. She receives glimpses of the future as well, which help dictate which allies Aradia should align herself with and which foes she should eradicate.

Offline MaaX

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 01:55:22 PM »
More done on my Blackstone Fortress project.

X-101 - Imperial Servitor

Though its origins are a mystery, X-101 has been outfitted for salvage duties with various industrial loading and hauling attachments, suggesting it was purposely brought aboard the Blackstone Fortress by Imperial explorers.

Daedalosus - Adeptus Mechanicus Technoarcheologist

He is charged with uncovering and analyzing the technological relics of Mankind's dark past.
This has led him to scour the frontiers of Imperial territory, where he has picked through scrap worlds and ancient battle-zones in search of hidden wonders.

And that concludes playable characters I have for the game. Now some more bad guys.

Another set of spindle drones:

Mother drones from Ascension expansion:

More Ur-Ghuls:

Just 6 more minis to go :)

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 06:55:54 PM »
They all look really great!