Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:14:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689614
  • Total Topics: 118287
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Diablo Jon's occasional sci-fi side project - Inquisitor Thrax  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Re: Diablo Jon's occasional sci-fi side project - More Rusty Robots
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2021, 06:14:47 AM »
The final two models (at least for now) for my Mechanist warband are finished both these miniatures are from Alternative Armies one is a large warbot and the other is a replacement for my original mechanist miniature. I was pretty happy with my first version of the Mechanist but when the alternative armies Cyborg slaver, arrived in the post, I just thought it was a a great little mini and fitted the warbands theme better than my original.

The new Mechanist

WWW3BH21 – Designation “Warboy” A large Warbot armed with a power fist and twin multi-lasers Warboy is the Mechanists ultimate big hitter.

and a final group shot of the whole warband

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Re: Diablo Jon's occasional sci-fi side project - Last Rusty Robots
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2021, 05:48:45 AM »
The 51st assault brigade was the elite of imperial army in the Diablo sector they where experts in planetary landings and hostile environment conflict. As such it was no surprise that they where picked to launch an attack on the Ork held plant of Purgatory 9. The landing was a disaster the Orks where ready and prepared around the landing zones and decimated. The survivors retreated to an area of high ground, and held out against waves of Ork attackers, while frantically calling fleet for evac. Their comm units however couldn’t find fleet only static as the last comms operator desperately cycled through comms channels they stumbled onto an Ork comms network and a intercepted a message between a human and Ork high command ..the Brigade had been betrayed by a human traitor.

Only one man escaped the destruction of the 51st assault brigade known only as Jack he travels the sector as a gun for hire seeking the the traitor responsible for the death of his brothers in arms.

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Re: Diablo Jon's occasional sci-fi side project - The Last Survivor
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 07:24:27 AM »
Another small group for my 1st edition 40K side project Inquisitor Thrax and his retinue. The bulk of these miniatures comes from the Wargames Foundry unreleased 40K miniatures pack while the praying  Adeptus Terra miniatures are old grenadier sculpts.

Inquisitor Thrax travels the diablo sector rooting out corruption and heresy accompanied by his two (very large)  Adeptus Arbites bodyguards and well as several lesser members of the various branches of the  Adeptus Terra as advisors and dogsbodies.

Inquisitor Thrax scourge of the Diablo sector (and one day in the future warp entity host)

Adeptus Arbite Bodyguards Kane and Able for when inquisitor Thrax needs a limb of two broken, to get a confession, or an example made, of a heretic, with a bolter shell to the noggin.

Notary Cleve. Thrax’s main advisor and records keeper (and clearly a fan of the gym, just look at those arms, not bad for a pen pusher)

The faceless mass of the Adeptus Terra there to give advice, fetch Thrax’s slippers and intercept incoming bullets.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: Diablo Jon's occasional sci-fi side project - Inquisitor Thrax
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 08:15:05 AM »
What a cool project, and some great figures really well painted.

The latest batch almost have a 2000AD vibe to them

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 04:48:03 PM »
What a cool project, and some great figures really well painted.

The latest batch almost have a 2000AD vibe to them

Cheers early 40k did seem to pay homage to 2000AD quite a bit also I expect those Arbites started off  as judge dread miniatures...so I guess the vibe is understandable
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 08:27:39 PM by Diablo Jon »

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 07:41:41 PM »
Yes, back in the day there seemed to be much more cross-over between different games / themes. Now everything feels much more delineated into different IP groupings.

Clearly this is better from a commercial perspective, but it does silo things up rather.