Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lion Rampant 2nd ed HC?  (Read 15632 times)

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
Re: Lion Rampant 2nd ed HC?
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2021, 08:27:37 AM »
What a stupendous cover!

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2021, 03:36:21 AM »
It is  8)

Which is their usual dodgy business practice.

Yeah, though it will make not a jot of difference to an enterprise so vast it can easily send a megalomaniac into space I'll be looking to support a vendor with some connection to the hobby even if it costs a couple of shekels more.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2021, 07:17:40 AM »
Yeah, though it will make not a jot of difference to an enterprise so vast it can easily send a megalomaniac into space I'll be looking to support a vendor with some connection to the hobby even if it costs a couple of shekels more.

(Over the last nineteen months where it has been I possible for me to go to a book shop) if I can afford it, I tend to buy all my books from the publisher. Otherwise I much prefer to buy from small businesses though this is getting hard er and harder as they are so easily priced out of the market.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »
I agree 100% with the sentiments of recent posts. I don’t plan on buying this from Amazon, but shared the link because it has the cover a date.

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2021, 07:08:14 PM »
 :)

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2022, 08:56:19 PM »
I was hoping the hardback will include Chariot Rampant as well. Perhaps as a blue book on its own sometimes in the future?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2022, 03:42:02 AM »
I was hoping the hardback will include Chariot Rampant as well. Perhaps as a blue book on its own sometimes in the future?
Hrsck I would be happy if some one published the early Tudor/Renaissance ruels that Stuart has been working on.  lol
Or maybe the Punic war rules.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2022, 03:06:32 PM »

The only Chariot Rampant I'm aware of is from I think Wargame Soldiers & Strategy Issue 80 and as was not written by Dan will not be included.

Its Dan only articles so expect the Dark Age rules, Italian Condottieri, Arthurian campaign maybe, and some optional Renaissance/WOTR rules being most likely, with a few odds and ends I can't remember that he has also done over the past 7-8 years the rules have been out.

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2022, 03:16:33 PM »
Hrsck I would be happy if some one published the early Tudor/Renaissance ruels that Stuart has been working on.  lol
Or maybe the Punic war rules.

Dan did some early renaissance rules for Italian Wars and War of the Roses. There was a non-Dan scenario for WOTR in Miniature Wargames last year or so.

The Punic Wars got an adaption in Wargames Soldiers & Strategy issue 82, think it was called Eagles Rampant, although a google for that might throw up a Napoleonic adaption someone did

There has been a range of articles in Wargames Soldiers and Strategy and Wargames Illustrated so checking through ye olde back issues you'll find the original material.

Some of the more popular and oft talked about adaptions were actually nothing to do with Dan so they won't be included. He posted clarifying all that sometime back.

I'm a huge fan of the system as Lion Rampant hooked me into Historical Wargaming so keep an eye out for when there's an article.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2022, 12:28:04 AM »
Cool, what issue of miniature wargames did he publish them in? And is that the title of the magazine? I only get Wargamers illustrated over here, and the local story just stopped carrying Wargames Soldiers & Strategy. But i do have that issue. Just preferer to have everything in one book.

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2022, 11:37:36 AM »
Cool, what issue of miniature wargames did he publish them in? And is that the title of the magazine? I only get Wargamers illustrated over here, and the local story just stopped carrying Wargames Soldiers & Strategy. But I do have that issue. Just preferer to have everything in one book.

The not Daniel Mersey WOTR Blore Heath Scenario with some slight unit/rule tweaks:
https://pocketmags.com/miniature-wargames-magazine/november-2020-451

Wargames Illustrated and Wargames Soldiers & Strategy had articles in a number of issues, was there anything specific? As I mentioned not all Lion Rampant contributions have been by Daniel Mersey so not all will be in the 2nd ed. Depends what your after?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2022, 10:33:59 AM »
Thank you, I'll give it a once over.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2022, 08:26:04 PM »
Oooh, had no idea about this, will have to make sure I order a copy.  :)