Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stargrave Power Overview updated with Q37 October 7  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Re: Stargrave on the blog (Power overview series completed - May 25)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2021, 08:50:31 PM »
I think you're shorting yourself on gear there.  Captains get six slots and you're only using five - and you might as well carry your one "free" knife as well even if you never use it.  If somebody does Destroy Weapon on you while the (indestructible) Void Blade isn't up you'll be happy you brought a switchblade.

If you're sticking with Dark Energy you might not need/want the pistol all that much, so maybe use the extra slot to upgrade to a carbine for better range in a pinch, or add grenades (you're doing a melee rush anyway, right?), or add picks or a deck so you can help with opening loot boxes if nothing presents itself to be lightsabered to death.

Having at least one medkit somewhere in a crew seems kind of vital to me in case you run into poison (which Ghost Archipelago has taught me is ball-bustingly nasty) or just for removing the wounded penalty, but if you can afford a medic that will cover it too.  I like robotic medics personally - having them immune to wounding and poison and atmosphere/gas effects is nice, and they're decent as backup loot haulers or box openers thanks to good (for a soldier) Will and Move. 

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 01:20:47 PM »
Thanks, Rich! My model I converted for my Mystic has a pistol and sword, so I will stick with that. I will add Picks for him to help with loot. I plan to have Med Kits for both my Captain and First Mate, and a Medic in the crew.

I will mainly be playing solo / co-op, but with things slowly opening up, maybe a competitive game could also happen. We'll see!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2021, 01:40:14 PM »
Thanks, Rich! My model I converted for my Mystic has a pistol and sword, so I will stick with that. I will add Picks for him to help with loot. I plan to have Med Kits for both my Captain and First Mate, and a Medic in the crew.

The nice thing about the non-weapon gear is that all of it could be "invisible" on your fig.  Even the "filter mask" might just be internal nose plugs or a cyberlung or something, and picks and decks could be tucked in a pocket or similarly cybernetic.  And "It's nanotech!" works as a catch-all in scifi as well as "It's magic!" does in fantasy.

I will mainly be playing solo / co-op, but with things slowly opening up, maybe a competitive game could also happen. We'll see!

The solo rules look pretty good, although I've only played versus matches so far.  Admittedly, one of those was with myself, but I did have a few with live opponents.