Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:45:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Old School Bavarian 5th Chevauleger Regiment  (Read 943 times)

Offline photocrinch

• Librarian
Old School Bavarian 5th Chevauleger Regiment
« on: July 10, 2021, 02:08:03 PM »
Bavarian 5th Chevauleger Regiment (Leiningen) and a Unique Little Find posted to my miniatures blog.  This is some of the best painting I think I have done so pop on by for a more detailed look and description of the process.

https://miniatureminions.blogspot.com/2021/07/bavarian-5th-chevauleger-regiment.html

Offline Mad Gadgeteer

• Scientist
Re: Old School Bavarian 5th Chevauleger Regiment
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 03:19:01 PM »
Excellent!!!

I really enjoy the 'Old School' minis and games, these and your blog, truly highlight this.  Sometimes I think the push for realistic minis and terrain is a bit much, it just places more stress on painting abilities - if that makes sense.  It can also take away from the 'game' aspect - IMHO anyway.

The old school minis, as well as old school rules - such as Bruce Quarrie's 'Airfix Magazine Guide No.4: Napoleonic Wargaming' - take me back to when I was just a kid and discovering Wargaming.   Thanks!
"May the dice of your God's roll like the breasts of your favorite concubine."  Graeme "Henry" Henderson, Dumfries c1980

Offline schoey

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »
Excellent looking Bavarians, a nice force is being assembled, what size are you planning for the Bavarians?

Paul

Offline photocrinch

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 05:31:16 PM »
Thanks Mad Gadgeteer.  That "toy" look and the wonder it inspired so many years ago is exactly what I am going for.  Bruce Quarrie's guide was instrumental in that and my introduction to wargamming.

Offline photocrinch

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »
Thanks Paul.  The Bavarians are just a small detachment meant to supplement the Baden, Regt de Prusse and Frankfurt battalions which are already a part of the Tennant collection that I now curate.  The Bavarian contingent is two battalions of the Von Kinkel regiment and the 5th Chevauleger, all of which are now painted.  Yet to come is a foot artillery battery with limber train (Franznap) as well as the ammunition train (also Franznap).

So much yet to do!

Offline Mad Gadgeteer

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 05:52:05 PM »
Thanks Mad Gadgeteer.  That "toy" look and the wonder it inspired so many years ago is exactly what I am going for.  Bruce Quarrie's guide was instrumental in that and my introduction to wargamming.

Bruce Quarrie's book was the very first book I ever bought with my own money.  As a tyke my uncle use to take me to various used book stores at times.  School had just let out for the summer and my father had just given me my allowance ($0.50).  That first Saturday of summer my uncle took me to the 'Green Dragon' used book store. There it was - on an end cap - with the cover "blazing like the sun"; I had to have it.  It was marked $1.00, but the owner (a good friend of my uncle's) marked it 50% off so I could afford it.  I was all of 9 years old.  To this day that book has 'pride of place' in my library.  All I have to do is open it to be transported back to that day in 1975

Offline photocrinch

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 05:54:46 PM »
What a great story and what a kind shopkeeper!