Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689479
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Confrontation Continuum - LIVE on www.TempleWest.co  (Read 21459 times)

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
A few new concepts to show off. These concepts are from veteran Rackham illustrator Edouard Guiton...

Feyd Mantis, the most powerful and feared man in all of the kingdom of Acheron.

and

Guardian of the Temple - Temple of the North, for the Griffins of Akkylannia... There will be 1 for each of the 4 temples across Aarklash...

Also attached is the newly finished sculpt of Grandmaster Kaltyr from the Concept above. Really happy with how he turned out.
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Yes, the Grandmaster looks spot on  :-*

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Yes, the Grandmaster looks spot on  :-*

Lux Thantor did an amazing job on him. He's ready to make war!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Another Guardian of the Temple (Temple of the South) for the Griffins of Akkylannia in the pipeline.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
Some charismatic minis.

Offline MrHlaine

• Student
These are excellent news, and knowing that people with a real passion for the IP are behind the wheel is really reassuring.

Quick question that may really help me getting back to my Confrontation backlog, do you plan to use square or round bases? I'd love for round bases to be the future, Confrontation minis are so much better on round bases...

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
These are excellent news, and knowing that people with a real passion for the IP are behind the wheel is really reassuring.

Quick question that may really help me getting back to my Confrontation backlog, do you plan to use square or round bases? I'd love for round bases to be the future, Confrontation minis are so much better on round bases...

You'll be happy to know that the new rules have already reached a BETA version that we playtested this last weekend. The new rules are "base agnostic" meaning round or square are acceptable and as a small hint as to why, the facing rules have been taken out as they are rather dated for a small skirmish game and don't quite make sense from a thematic standpoint. Here is the first of 3 Royal Guardsmen based on the Art from Gary Chalk. Sculpted by the Talented Denis Gonnella. Still a LOT of work to do on the rules and the new book will be chocked full of NEW ART from Gary as well as several other artists.

Offline MrHlaine

• Student
I'm even more hyped now. The new sculpts are looking really good. Btw the only reason why I know how cool Confrontation miniatures look on round bases is your awesome painting thread!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
I'm even more hyped now. The new sculpts are looking really good. Btw the only reason why I know how cool Confrontation miniatures look on round bases is your awesome painting thread!

Really appreciate that! I need to update that thread, as I've painted an obscene amount since the last update getting everything ready for photography for the rulebook.... and follow up campaign supplements.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Great new sculpt  ;D

And good to hear that the playtesting is up and running.

Looking forward for both, minis and rules  :D

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Halberdier #2 for the Royal Guard of Cadwallon... another sculpt based on a design by Gark Chalk...

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
I'm so glad I stumbled onto this thread!

Confrontation has always been a stylistical favourite of mine, and I own many of its great miniatures, mainly Mid Nor, Cadwallon, and those Samurai/ninja Goblins, but honestly, there's really no faction I don't like.

Never played the actual game. I tried setting up a game of Hybrid once, but the rather atrocious translation in the books, plus the gorgeous background artwork combined with really small print really messed things up to the point where nobody understood, so we gave up (picture 5 grown men around a table, all in differing states of frustration and embarrassment lol ).

But the minis... :-*

I've already seen several very suitable Cadwallon minis in your thread, that will fit right in with my city guards. Perhaps I will now be able to overcome my fear of failure (because the gorgeous minis really intimidate me for some reason) and finally put some paint to them. Because they so deserve it...

Best of luck with your project, Gibby; I think we'll all be rooting for you!  8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
I'm so glad I stumbled onto this thread!

Confrontation has always been a stylistical favourite of mine, and I own many of its great miniatures, mainly Mid Nor, Cadwallon, and those Samurai/ninja Goblins, but honestly, there's really no faction I don't like.

Never played the actual game. I tried setting up a game of Hybrid once, but the rather atrocious translation in the books, plus the gorgeous background artwork combined with really small print really messed things up to the point where nobody understood, so we gave up (picture 5 grown men around a table, all in differing states of frustration and embarrassment lol ).

But the minis... :-*

I've already seen several very suitable Cadwallon minis in your thread, that will fit right in with my city guards. Perhaps I will now be able to overcome my fear of failure (because the gorgeous minis really intimidate me for some reason) and finally put some paint to them. Because they so deserve it...

Best of luck with your project, Gibby; I think we'll all be rooting for you!  8)

Thank you so much! I truly hope you do dive into your paints! That is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the hobby! The new rules will be very different from the original system, as they will focus more on narrative and campaigns... they will be much more accessible, play faster, and most importantly fun!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Really appreciate that! I need to update that thread, as I've painted an obscene amount since the last update getting everything ready for photography for the rulebook.... and follow up campaign supplements.

wish you would: one of my favourite threads on this board.

the sculpting skill employed in realising Chalk's drawings is off the scale - amazing.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
wish you would: one of my favourite threads on this board.

the sculpting skill employed in realising Chalk's drawings is off the scale - amazing.

It absolutely had to be to keep up the quality from the original Rackham stuff. I'll start uploading some of the newer pics this weekend on my personal thread.