Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Confrontation Continuum - LIVE on www.TempleWest.co  (Read 21527 times)

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Hey guys, I'm excited to announce the newest project by Temple of the West... "Confrontation Continuum" ... now, we ALL know how the Kickstarter went with some criminals running the show. We have ABSOLUTELY no affiliation with those jokers. In fact the French government has seized most of their assets because of several fraudulent crowdfunding campaigns and there are 2 criminal cases against them.

ANYWAY... history of that disaster behind us, Temple of the West has acquired the rights to produce Confrontation Continuum which will be a continuation of the story, continuation of the world, and continuation of the miniature line. We are currently working with Gary Chalk to bring many of his amazing illustrations to light in miniature form. We have hired ex-Rackham sculptors, ex-Rackham Illustrators, and ex-Rackham painters to realize this project. We are also working on a new Rulebook which will give a nod to the 3.5 edition, but be a much more playable version focused on story and narrative and take out some of the more clunky and dated mechanics. All existing miniatures and factions will work with the new rules, and the existing cards will also work. We wanted to make sure of that! Anyway.. These will be our first releases (NOT A KICKSTARTER)... many of these concepts have sat on the shelf of Gary's office and never seen the day of light. He has a LARGE stack of work he did for Rackham that was never used before they folded.... I hope you enjoy! We do not have a launch date as of yet, but are getting closer every day.

Follow us on Instagram for a lot of teasers @ Temple of the West, or on Facebook.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 05:03:51 PM by gibby64 »
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
So prepainted plastic? ;) Just kidding.
Glad to see this is up and on the go. Great Minis and IP that need to get back out there. So resin, metal, PVC or hard plastic?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
great news.

congratulations and best wishes for all going to plan.

* and great to see Gary Chalk's involvement - had no idea he'd been a designer when the ranges were first out.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 03:54:32 PM by Bloggard »

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
Interesting. Will you be making the old miniatures?

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
great news.

congratulations and best wishes for all going to plan.

* and great to see Gary Chalk's involvement - had no idea he'd been a designer when the ranges were first out.

Yes, Gary supplied an amazing amount of Art for the Cadwallon RPG books and a few of the Cry Havoc Magazines. I was really happy when he enthusiastically jumped on board with the project. He was REALLY upset to see how the Kickstarter went as he loves the Aarklash universe. We have a lot of great things planned.

Interesting. Will you be making the old miniatures?

No, Sadly the masters are still in the hands of Stellar Licensing (the Kickstarter guys) and they have no plans for them. I've heard they are trying to piecemeal them out to different manufacturers.... BUT, the other issue is the Cadwallon.com guys in the ukraine are already pumping them out in metal and resin... So, 1. I don't think anyone else is going to buy the sculpts to make since there's already a company making them (illegally)... 2. Nobody is wanting to deal with Stellar after all of the fraud they were involved in with several crowdfunding campaigns. Again, that's why we are calling it Continuum... to more everything forward from here with respect and recognition of the past. If there was a clean way to get the old line, I would have loved to.

So prepainted plastic? ;) Just kidding.
Glad to see this is up and on the go. Great Minis and IP that need to get back out there. So resin, metal, PVC or hard plastic?

Most of the models will be Metal. I'm a big fan of metal. But the larger stuff will be resin. Too many times have the big metal models just fallen apart during transportation. Glue can only hold so much weight! There's also a few more complicated pieces that will likely be resin as trying to do them in metal would be tricky for the molds.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
If there was a clean way to get the old line, I would have loved to.

I'm surprised none of the old Confrontation fans volunteered to stage a commando raid.  :)

New designs certainly look nice.

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
Watching this with interest as was part of the original UK Conf-Federation scene ... is this going back to skirmish or is it the later unit based battles?

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Watching this with interest as was part of the original UK Conf-Fedeüration scene ... is this going back to skirmish or is it the later unit based battles?

Skirmish! The new rules will use 3.5 as a familiar engine, but have a lot of changes to gear it more towards a narrative/story/campaign based system. I'm really excited about the supplements that will come out after the rules!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 05:36:17 AM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Metal! Sounds great. Fully understand resin for the bigger though. Large metals are a nightmare sometimes, especially if the fit isn't quite right.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Great news  :D

Lovely new concept art by Gary, hope to see some of those in metal soon.

And looking forward to see what you've done ruleswise  ;)

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
Not to sound like a negative nancy, but I hope you guys have a strong ad/pr team. Confrontations brand was dragged through the mud by the french team and anyone looking into confrontation for the first time will be getting swamped with "Load of bloody chancers etc"

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
Skirmish! The new rules will use 3.5 as a familiar engine, but have a lot of changes to gear it more towards a narrative/story/campaign based system. I'm really excited about the supplements that will come out after the rules!

Great stuff.  The draw of Confrontation for me was the absobloodylutely gorgeous metal miniatures and the fact it was a skirmish game.  Dogs of War was a great campaign system too.

Hopefully this will all work out and we will see this game back on tables across the country.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Not to sound like a negative nancy, but I hope you guys have a strong ad/pr team. Confrontations brand was dragged through the mud by the french team and anyone looking into confrontation for the first time will be getting swamped with "Load of bloody chancers etc"

I completely understand all of this! Luckily I'm the moderator of the Confrontation Facebook page and have a good measure of the pulse at all times and so far the entire community on board with the project. The fact that I'm not asking for money up front also helps! I'll let everyone judge us by our merits. We have a lot of great sculpts, art, and lore in the pipeline.... so soon enough it'll be easy to show we are actually doing this and doing it right. Appreciate the concern!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Great stuff.  The draw of Confrontation for me was the absobloodylutely gorgeous metal miniatures and the fact it was a skirmish game.  Dogs of War was a great campaign system too.

Hopefully this will all work out and we will see this game back on tables across the country.

Everyone loves Dogs of War! I look forward to expanding that system and making it a bit easier for new players to understand.