Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686536
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Return to Strange Aeons  (Read 17137 times)

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
Re: Return to Strange Aeons
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2021, 10:35:16 PM »
The mad scientist, his henchman and the zombies. These were a lot of fun to paint.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2021, 11:20:44 AM »
The mad scientist is truly a great figure. A little vignette that speaks a lot.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2021, 09:38:06 PM »
I agree, the majority of the SA sculpts are very stylistic and I happen to really like them. The scientist was a lot of fun to paint too, as are most of the figures in the line. Have decided to paint them all as you can see by this thread. Thanks for taking a look.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2021, 05:22:35 PM »
Well it's been a little bit but I have kept busy. I ran out of matte finish and my replacement came on Christmas eve so I had a pile of Lurkers sitting in one of my drawers. As we left off with the zombies we'll pick up there. Here's the zombie dogs, mummy and Construct, two Maniacs (of course I had to do Santa) and some Children of Yig.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2021, 06:46:10 PM »
So far the Lurkers have been a lot of fun to paint. Besides working out the color scheme you get a lot of neat background and plot ideas while painting them. Up next we have the Demonic Hound and Winged Nightmare.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2021, 06:55:20 PM »
Then we have the Wendigo (who I just think of as the Beast but a very cool model), some giant tentacles, the Formless Thing and some crates and the monolith that I knocked out one night as I saw they were in a few of the scenarios.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2021, 07:03:17 PM »
And until I finish spraying the last couple finished models we hae left the witches and associates. The witches are very characterful sculpts and were more fun to paint than I anticipated. And then of course I had to do the familiars which led to the swarms and giant vermin.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2021, 10:20:25 PM »
Out of finish again, that can went tquickly. Had enough left to finish off the Servitor and Conglomerate and still have eight more finished models that need to be varnished. Luckily I already ordered another can and expect it mid weekish. Then it's only the Dagonites (always saved the best for last) and the four larger sized pieces to complete all my Uncle Mike's models (well and the scenery pieces too but that's just an evening's work.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 10:23:14 PM by diehard »

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2022, 10:30:37 PM »
Well my finish showed up a couple days ago and although it's still too cold out I took a chance and sprayed them on my sun porch which worked out okay for the most part. And my two new Winsor and Newton brushes showed up this week so that's a good thing because my present ones are just about shot at this point. And yeah found the charger for my camera so at some point I can get better pictures of the Strange Aeons collection, probably after I'm all finished. Working on the Dark Puppeteer right now but then it's just the big Shoggoth and the assorted Dagonites. But here's the latest batch, starting with the Scrawny Ones, Mr. And Mrs. Bigfeet, a redone Ancient Warrior and Ghouls and the Yellow King complete with Pallid Mask.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2022, 05:05:12 AM »
The Watcher which was a lot of fun to paint and for some reason I really like, the Big Grub and the Grubettes and the God Spawn which was another fun figure to do and which again for some reason I really like.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2022, 03:18:29 PM »
Nice!
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2022, 05:37:15 PM »
Thanks Mr. Moose and thanks for your own contributions to SA, have been reading through a lot of back posts and they've been quite an inspiration to me. Hope to see your return to Strange Aeons universe someday.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 05:50:17 PM by diehard »

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2022, 12:02:07 AM »
Here's the Dark Puppeteer. Wasn't that enthusiastic about this one both model wise and game wise and have to admit in the beginning I was pretty much phoning this one in but as I got more towards the end I started to appreciate it a little more. Don't know if it will ever make it into my games but it's part of the collection so had to be given a decent effort.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2022, 06:05:04 AM »
These were finished over the last week or so but it's been way to cold here in NE PA to do any spraying outside but it was fairly decent today and mostly sunny so I decided to take my chances in the greenhouse and it worked out okay. So here we have the Hybrids (except for the wheelchair guy two of my favorites in the line), the Fishmen and a bonus Cthulhu Wars Deep One. And the Shoggoth which is a great version but man painting all those teeth and eyes was pretty time consuming. Working on the big Deep One now and then it's just some scenery left and will have completed the entire 2nd Edition KS (in which I got everything but the Godling because they were already gone.)

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2022, 06:10:35 AM »
Would have been better had I attached the pictures but eh it's kind of late and been a long day.