Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2022, 07:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1595509
  • Total Topics: 111681
  • Online Today: 503
  • Online Ever: 1675
  • (December 28, 2020, 04:48:59 PM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Borsetshire Diaries: The Grumblers Go Forth  (Read 6787 times)

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Borsetshire Diaries: The Grumblers Go Forth
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2022, 01:46:57 PM »
"That Peregrine Snapcase is a real card, quite a hoot! These Grumblers have no bloody sense of humour!"

Story continuing to very absorbing, keep it coming.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2022, 05:58:57 PM »
I return to Blighty and what do I  find but the Grumblers running amok in some dark scary wood and Seldom Penitent frightened of a Snapcase fish head.

It really won't do, where's their backbone, they must pull themselves together and advance in a bold, brave style. Even if it is to their death.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2022, 06:40:07 PM »
"These Grumblers have no bloody sense of humour!"
It could be that the clue is in the name ;)

Story continuing to very absorbing, keep it coming.
Thanks - not having any real control over any of the characters gives it a different feel from my usual games.

I return to Blighty and what do I  find but the Grumblers running amok in some dark scary wood and Seldom Penitent frightened of a Snapcase fish head.

It really won't do, where's their backbone, they must pull themselves together and advance in a bold, brave style. Even if it is to their death.
I think you may be expecting too much from The Grumblers but you never know. And welcome back from your travels.

Doug

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2022, 11:30:33 PM »
Quite the entertaining read! I think you are definitely on the right track for a fun solo
game!!

Mike Demana

Offline CapnJim

• Mastermind
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2022, 08:41:13 PM »
Well, it's always darkest just before the dawn.  That's hat "they" say.  Whoever "they" are...

Presuming that particular adage is based in reality, mayhaps the Grumblers will sort themselves out and get on with the business at hand......
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2022, 09:41:23 PM »
Quite the entertaining read! I think you are definitely on the right track for a fun solo
game!!

Mike Demana
Thank, Mike. I have a couple more Turns to write up but Iíve been otherwise engaged.

Well, it's always darkest just before the dawn.  That's hat "they" say.  Whoever "they" are...

Presuming that particular adage is based in reality, mayhaps the Grumblers will sort themselves out and get on with the business at hand......
They donít appear to be I regret to say. Details later but itís fir to say that some of The Grumblers have a lot more to grumble about than previously. :(

Doug

Offline CapnJim

• Mastermind
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2022, 01:31:19 PM »
They donít appear to be I regret to say. Details later but itís fir to say that some of The Grumblers have a lot more to grumble about than previously. :(

Doug

Oh.  I see.  Well, that doesn't sound good at all... :'(

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2022, 01:23:20 PM »
He turns and runs, trips over a root, falls heavily, hits his head and loses consciousness.
Peregrine, preoccupied with trying to find the park gates, is unaware of Seldom and his predicament.
<this incident was resolved by the usual rolls-a-die method - I hadnít made rules in advance to cover it. I thought that someone whoíd failed to move for "X" turns because his courage failed him, was now alone with no torch or lantern, in a spooky place where supernatural beings may be lurking was very likely to panic. But I gave him a chance not to. However, he failed his dice roll (he got "1" on a d10) so he ran. Another dice roll had him tripping up and a third roll had him knocked unconscious. Then it occurred to that he may have yelled in terror on seeing Peregrine or just ran in silence. If he yelled or screamed, it may effect the rest of his group, now out of sight. More dice rolls. I reckoned it was more than evens that heíd cry out, given his character and circumstances. Result - he screams; this may affect what Rev Mother and his two followers do next Turn. In an ordinary game, all these impromptu dice rolls would be tedious but in a solo game, it doesnít matter. The game will probably take weeks to resolve so no rush>.

I like these tests and their explanation.  :)