Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Diablo Jon's Geriatric Orcs and Goblins - now with 1980s vintage Orc archers  (Read 11492 times)

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
Fantastic! That really is a great find.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Fits in perfectly  8)

Demon wizard boar...  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Fits in perfectly  8)

Demon wizard boar...  :D

Fantastic! That really is a great find.

Thanks chaps

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
That's madness - I had the model but somehow managed to completely miss its special rules!
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
That's madness - I had the model but somehow managed to completely miss its special rules!

Something your opponents were no doubt grateful for.. ;)

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
I felt my 2nd edition WFB orc army need something a bit different so I’ve added a giant. Unlike most of the miniatures in my army this is a modern miniature from Oldschool miniatures

https://www.oldschoolminiatures.co.uk/giants-85-c.asp 

Despite being modern he clearly plays homage to the early C28 giants from Citadel and I think he has a great Oldhammer vibe

http://solegends.com/citc/c028giants/index.htm

I’ve named mine Druncan McFierceson of Clan McFierceson. Cruncan has left his mountain home, and Clan, to join some Orcs as a mercenary his preferred form of payment is copious amounts of Bugman’s beer.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 06:00:21 AM by Diablo Jon »

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Re: Diablo Jon's Geriatric Orcs and Goblins - now with a Giant!
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2023, 05:26:52 AM »
One of my projects that’s been on the back burner for a while is my Oldhammer Orc army. The other day on a whim I busted out a few unpainted miniatures I had for that project and slapped some paint on them. I wanted some Orc chariots for my 2nd/3rd edition Orc army to add some mobility to all the infantry and war machines. Unfortunately many of the early citadel orc (and goblin) chariots are pretty hard to source these days especially in good condition with all the bits or when you find one in good condition it’s a real budget stretcher. Luckily for me Old School Miniatures have an old school inspired Orc wolf chariot in their range. I’ve made a few modifications to this kit. I added some scythes from plasti-card gave the driver a shield and left off one of the crewmen supplied with the kit. I liked this kit so much I ordered two more so my orcs will have a Squadron of chariots to add to the mayhem in the future.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
Re: Diablo Jon's Geriatric Orcs and Goblins - now with an Orc Chariot
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2023, 09:24:53 AM »
Great looking chariot
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Re: Diablo Jon's Geriatric Orcs and Goblins - now with an Orc Chariot
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2023, 06:28:09 AM »
Another unit for my Oldhammer WHFB 2nd edition orcs. Mostly these are solid base Fantasy Tribe orcs from the early 1980s early work of the Perry twins, three more are later 1980s Kev Adams orcs and the leader with the shield is actually from Games Workshops short lived Lord of the Rings licenced range of the 1980s. the Kev Adams orcs are of the old separate plastic shield types, as is usual for second hand miniatures, these miniatures were missing the shields. Luckily I had picked up some replacement metal ones from Old School Miniatures that come with all sorts of fun designs. These boyz should give my orcs a bit of firepower to supplement all the boys equipped for close combat. Next up a unit of orcs with crossbows.

Offline Old Hob

• Scientist
As I've said before elsewhere, I absolutely love this army. That OSM chariot looks aesthetically spot on for 2nd ed orcs and the arrer boys are brilliantly done. I hope there's more soon.

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Yes, those all look excellent! I love how the older figures are subtly different from each other and have a lot of character.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Loving the look of those, especially the different flesh tones on the faces!

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Great painting.

I really like these old Orcs - which I am sure is largely nostalgia - but they certainly have lots of character.

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Thank you kindly chaps 👍