Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:03:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689801
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hello from Upstate New York, USA  (Read 3610 times)

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Re: Hello from Upstate New York, USA
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2022, 09:50:42 PM »
Welcome aboard!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline ignis-fatuus

• Assistant
Re: Hello from Upstate New York, USA
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 06:39:19 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. So far my experiences on this forum have been extremely positive with helpful comments and positive encouragement--a rare thing to find on the internet these days!

I suppose I will post a short update. I recently talked my D&D group in attending a miniatures painting night at our local nerd store. None of them have ever painted a miniature before and therefore did not have any supplies or experience. As such, we all decided to purchase some Wizkids paint night sets and I did the best to instruct them on where to begin with some basic theory and tips I still have knocking around in the recesses of my memory. I decided to challenge myself by only using the supplied paints--and a challenge it was as half of them were completely dry--and brushes. I must say that it was difficult painting such a large model but I was happy for the exercise. I really wasn't overly concerned with making mistakes as I was really happy just getting back into the groove of painting and helping my friends. Anyway, here's the products of my labor (I hope the attachment shows up). I still need to dust off some cobwebs and catch up on new techniques, etc.

I've been hitting up all of the local game stores in my area and I've found that the only miniatures being stocked are either D&D/Pathfinder minis or Warhammer (and other such games). This is a shame as I really prefer the look of the older metal miniatures. Many of them might be kinda goofy but there's a sort of endearing aesthetic I find in them. It seems that like just about everything these days I'll have to order online to obtain the miniatures I yearn for. To this end I might ask if there are any websites that are preferred which might have a good selection and prices.